[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scientifically speaking, if you just blend your meal rather than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: blender.jpg (4 KB, 206x244) Image search: [Google]
blender.jpg
4 KB, 206x244
Scientifically speaking, if you just blend your meal rather than waste your time chewing etc does the food actually lose any of its nutrition etc?

I blended 12 chicken mcnuggets recently and just "drank it" (like a smoothie so it's not like pure liquid) and it was such a superior experience to eating each one and chewing and so on.
>>
> just "drank it"

seems suboptimal, have you considered IV infusion?
>>
Blending raises the GI, but it's not going to affect micronutrients (you can't blend chemical elements)
>>
>>7560712
Not really since I took the blender jug thing into the car with me and just ate / drank while on my way to work.
>>
>>7560703

I'm not use to seeing actual intelligent questions on 4chan, so let me just thank you for that.

That being said, yes scientifically speaking when you blended your chicken nuggets, you broke down the various amino acid chains that supply you protein.

Once these amino acids chains are broken up, they become free radicals. Free radicals are not dangerous by themselves, but once the body has too many in the bloodstream, the kidneys convert them to glutamic acid.

When glutamic acid comes into contact with your limbic system, it can really disorient you upon waking up.

I had a patient last week who had the same problem, and he told me that "he was dizzy for 30 minutes after getting up out of bed." In his case, I told him he should just stay in bed for 30 minutes after waking up before getting out of bed.
>>
>>7560703
Less time wasted chewing than cleaning your faggot blender.
>>
>>7560729
Not really since I just put it in the dishwasher and I only eat three times a day which is about the same amount of times I use the dishwasher.
>>
>>7560703
>waste your time chewing

google amylase
>>
>>7560735
>uses the dishwasher 3 times per day

Really nigga? Do you waste like 10 gallons of water on 2 dishes?
>>
>>7560764

>waste

Planet is literally 75% water, not too worried about 10 gallons m8.
>>
>>7560764
No I wash the spoon I use to serve my cat with also every night.
>>
>>7560769
>75% water
>only 3% drinkable

Fuck you wasteful faggot
>>
>>7560820
You don't drink the water that's in your dishwasher idiot.
>>
>>7560846

No, but it's still potable water that is being used by the dishwasher. That's why it's wasteful: it's drinkable, but you're not drinking it.
>>
>>7560720
>you broke down the various amino acid chains

no he didn't you dumb fuck
>>
>>7560720
>you broke down the various amino acid chains
I am a bio chemist and I cried
>>
File: 1440909626555.gif (5 KB, 102x136) Image search: [Google]
1440909626555.gif
5 KB, 102x136
I'm going to University for Nutritional Sciences to get my dietition license and this thread makes me wonder if that was the right choice.
>>
>>7563444
Good, start with the NutritionFacts.org
>>
>>7560720
Underrated post.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.