[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYC Eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I go to NYC in 10 days. Can /ck/ recommend me one high-tier, mid-tier, and low-tier place to eat?

With high-tier, I mean a once in a lifetime experience, mid-tier - something that will cost me between $30-$80 for drinks and food, low-tier, street food/walkup kind of stuff.

I'll eat anything, but I don't like sugar, so anything dessert based isn't something I want to try.
>>
Where? It's a big city.
>>
File: masa-official-site.0.0.jpg (72 KB, 1310x737) Image search: [Google]
masa-official-site.0.0.jpg
72 KB, 1310x737
>I don't like sugar
There is something wrong with you, humans are hard-wired to appreciate sugar. You probably have never had a good dessert made by a real pastry chef, and associate sugar with shitfood made by kraft and so on.
>>
>>7559572
>humans are hard-wired to appreciate sugar.

only before the are finished with puberty you silly amerifat
>>
>>7559562

I'm willing to make it work as long as it's within an hourish of travel. Staying in Midtown though.

>>7559572

I loved sugar as a kid, stopped eating it, and just lost taste for it. Now it has this weird, ashen aftertaste, like a burnt steak, and I can't stand it. I am often exposed to very finely crafted desserts and I hate it.

I drink a solid amount though, so I might be getting my sugars from that, if we're just talking about body chemistry.
>>
>>7559625
If you like Korean food, go to Korea town. There's a nice Korean food stall/cafeteria type place called Food Gallery 32.
I don't eat expensive food so I wouldn't know about that.
>>
Always go to Nom Wah anon, look it up
>>
>>7559556

blue hill farm 215$ per person
not bad as far as world class restaurants go
>>
>>7559875
Psssh Jing Fong or bust.
>>
>>7559556

For once-in-a-lifetime:

11 Madison Park
Per Se
Momofuku Ko
Sushi Nakazawa
15 East
Marea
Le Bernardin

If you're going fine-dining in New York, phone to book NOW. Do not pass go, do not collect £200. You may well be too late for some on that list already.

Go to Katz's for Reubens. NYCers will certainly jump in and say "I know a great place in X that's better", but Katz's is competent and you know what you're getting.
>>
>>7559614
Wrong
>>7559625
>I drink a solid amount though
More than likely, you are a full blown alcoholic
>>7560455
You'd be surprised, some of those places are fine for lunch. Does anyone still go to momofuku even?
>>7560082
Let's not have the tourists ruin Jing Fong too, one of these days I'm going to walk in there and it will have been redone like the Buddha Bar
>>
>>7560468
>Does anyone still go to

faggot
>>
>>7560468

>Does anyone still go to momofuku even?

Well shure ah wouldn't know now, ah'm just a poor dumb country boy from Tennessee. Lurleen usually does the bookin' an all.
>>
>>7559964
Seems kind cheap for the high end
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.