[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have a good Tzaziki sauce recipe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: download (8).jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
10 KB, 275x183
Does anyone have a good Tzaziki sauce recipe?
>>
>>7558642
Grate cucumber, salt it, squeeze juice out of it. Add to Greek yogurt with some finely chopped garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Taste and reason.
>>
>>7558659
Never forget to reason with your sauce. It is the most important step.
>>
this but with some chopped mint too.
>>
>>7558642
Get some really good Greek (or Turkish, or Bulgarian) yoghurt. Ideally with 10% fat. If you can't get proper Greek yoghurt make your own by straining it with a paper towel over night.

Get the smallest cucumbers you can get. Those small Israel cucumbers are ideal. Grate them with their peel still on and mix in some salt. Let it sit for about 15 minutes then press them in a kitchen sieve to remove excess water.

Mix with the yoghurt and some grated garlic.

Eat with Fresh white bread and olive oil.
>>
>>7558677
Or dill.
>>
>>7558659
This. Mama Ina taught me it's great with mint, I and I like to add fresh dill for the look.
>>
stuff:

greek yogurt
olive oil
salt
pepper
cucumbers
garlic
white wine vinegar
lemon juice

dice garlic extremely fine, peel cucumbers, grate cucumbers, put in bowl together with the juice from a 1/4th of a lemon, mix. salt it and then let it sit for 5-10 minutes

after the 5-10 minutes is up, use cheesecloth or a towel or a sieve or whatever to drain the excess liquid out. put greek yogurt in a bowl, add a 1/4th cup of GOOD olive oil. squeeze another 1/4th of a lemon into a measuring cup, add white wine vinegar until it's at 3/16ths of a cup. (or 1/8th a cup + a bit more if you're bad at maths) add salt + pepper

stir the yogurt rapidly until mixture gets a little creamy, should be around 2-3 minutes. stir in cucumber & garlic. taste to see if it needs extra salt.

finally add chopped dill and stir one last time.

you have a tzatziki
>>
>>7558779
>1/4th... 3/16ths... 1/8th
These read as:
"one fourthth... three sixteenthsths... one eighthth"
>>
>>7558642
Chobani plain greek yougurt, dill, some olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar
>>
>>7558642
ah now I used to live next door to greeks

they used a HEAP of garlic, and a fair whack of salt too
I think because they used tzaziki as a sauce, not as a dip
come to think of it I don't think I ever saw them dip anything in tzatziki, usually it was an accompaniment for barbecued meat

I think the best results are achieved squeezing the cucumber then salting it (like you would when making dumplings with cabbage)
then mixing it with the yogurt
afterwards you gently squeeze everything in muslin, and the water from the yogurt comes out
if yogurt is coming through the muslin you are squeezing to hard

the more moisture you remove, the thicker and richer the tzatziki is

putting other herbs in is poor form
>>
>>7559058
Pretty much this. Garlic, cukes, salt, yogurt. Herbs should be on the meat. It's a lovely mild spring out, grill some chicken thighs and drink with friends.
>>
>>7558659
good one.
>>
>>7558914
ayyy lmao
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.