[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time posting on /ck/, I got 4 of these in my backyard,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: rabbit-09.jpg (65 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
rabbit-09.jpg
65 KB, 400x350
First time posting on /ck/, I got 4 of these in my backyard, suggestions on how to prepare them? What seasonings? Fried?
>>
artie bucco pls go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lV8KznLL4

j/k.

prepare like fried chicken. bread and deep-fry
>>
Rabbits are for cuddling not for eating.

Try a Big Macâ„¢ instead.
>>
>>7557962

this. also Buffalo rabbit is delicious.
>>
Free the rabbits, anon. Look into your heart
>>
>>7557962
Look up mustard rabbit.
Or make a stew.
Frying it is a bit of a waste.
>>
File: if dubs.png (8 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
if dubs.png
8 KB, 256x192
Release them.
>>
>>7557982
Don't forget the hot fresh fries and ice cold coca cola!
>>
wild rabbits often carry dangerous parasites, from bacteria (rabbit fever) to worms. . dont eat them.
>>
>>7558407
Arent wild.

>>7558399
nice dubs
>>
Rabbit Armando is the bomb
>>
File: giant-rabbits.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
giant-rabbits.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I've got some rabbits too, how do you kill them?
>>
>>7558852
A .22 to the head. Quick and painless.
>>
File: 1459542198490.jpg (86 KB, 599x619) Image search: [Google]
1459542198490.jpg
86 KB, 599x619
>eating bunnies

just kill yourself
>>
>>7558882
I don't think thats allowed here in my city.
>>
>>7558852
>>7558882
make sure there's children nearby
>>
>>7558882

That's almost a $1 per bunny, dude. knock em in the head with the flat of an axe, it's just as quick and better exercise
>>
>>7558852
grab hind feet with one hand, grab back of neck with other hand, stretch arms out as far as you can and as hard as you can, it snaps their spinal cord, kills them near instantly.
>>
>>7558892
Yet I guarantee you have no problem with eating chickens, cows, fish, sheep, etc.
>>
>>7558975
"near instantly"

go fuck yourself, huckleberry
>>
File: not chicken.jpg (250 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
not chicken.jpg
250 KB, 1024x768
>>7558892
I is pretty good when I cook it perfectly but most of the time I fuck up and overcook it.
>>
>>7558906
>$1/round for .22
What commie shithole do you live in?
>>
>>7558892
>le survival of the cutest XD

>only animals that appeal to my eyes get to live XD

Why are humans so awful in every way, /ck/? When will long pork be legalized?
>>
rip mr. bun bun
>>
>>7557925
rabbit is very hard to cook

first up make sure your rabits are bred to eat, pet rabbits or wild ones can have parasites or heavy metal build up

the problem with rabbit is that the different cuts cook very differently
>just cook it all in a pot
>I'm a stupid peasant

you should check yourself, but from what I hear the backstrap dries and toughens really easily, the thighs are like wild chicken breast

probably plan to cook two meals, pan fried rabit w. french style sides like rattatoui
and then a pie for the second meal, a curry would work but I've never seen a recipe
>>
>>7559044
lmao what the fuck. your breading is falling apart.
>>
>>7559054
cry louder little girl
>>
>>7557925
I actually just cooked a rabbit last week for the first time. The recipe I found called for mixing rosemary, thyme, and chilipowder with a few other spices. Apply the spices and salt & pepper to the rabbit and let it sit for a few hours (or overnight) in the fridge.

To roast the bunny, lay it flat on a roasting sheet (spine up) and cook it in a 475 F (246 C) oven for about 35 min. You'll get crispy outer bits and tender, tasty meat.

Good luck!
>>
>>7559141
Are you entirely retarded, or just wrongquoting?
>>
>>7559117
>heavy metal build up
Sounds pretty badass desu
>>
>>7559051
https://www.wikiarms.com

read em and weep. all the derpers and Branch Dildodians still hoarding the shit like its gold/

I'm actually switching to compressed air for my fun this summer. $3-400 on a decent air rifle and .22 pellets pour moi
>>
>>7559149
it's actually a problem in many parts of europe
rabits eat like rats, they love cigarette buts and other garbage, and drink shit water

so over their short lifespans they can build up a lot of toxins for something so low on the foodchain
>>
>>7559145
here's the recipe I used:

http://www.food.com/recipe/whole-roasted-rabbit-with-garlic-rosemary-and-coriander-460438

it's pretty basic, for sure, but it made a tasty roast. I would post pics of the result, but I don't wanna get doxed by you fuckin 'sperglords
>>
>>7559158
and I should add, that there is different animal feed standards for table animals

the problem is that if you feed an animal the majority of it's diet with one thing, there doesn't have to be much toxin in it for the animal to eventually become bad for people to eat.

animal feed that can't be fed to livestock is basically waste product, and I strongly suspect is sold as pet food

so if you have been feeding your rabbits non-agricultural food, you better check with the feed manufacturer, you can just call them and ask
depending on where you are in the world it might contain anything
>>
>>7559182
>animal feed that can't be fed to livestock is basically waste product, and I strongly suspect is sold as pet food
>I strongly suspect is sold as pet food
>I strongly suspect

GTFO with that conspiracy theory garbage. If OP's bunnies are in good health, they'll be fine as food.

You sound like one of those idiots that believes a "proper profeshunal" can do basic tasks. I hear this shit all the time over in /diy/. "Only a certified master farmer can properly raise an animal for food." Or "Only a qualified master plumber can install a new toilet." It's all a bunch of bullshit. As long as OP took good care of their rabbits and kept them from getting diseases, there is literally nothing wrong with harvesting the bunnies for food. Please kill yourself.
>>
File: stew1.jpg (1 MB, 1170x2080) Image search: [Google]
stew1.jpg
1 MB, 1170x2080
>>7557925
I made this Greek rabbit stew a while back and it was pretty damn good. Got it from a Greek cookbook
>>
File: stew2.jpg (1 MB, 1170x2080) Image search: [Google]
stew2.jpg
1 MB, 1170x2080
>>7557925
>>7559265
Page 2
>>
>>7559264
??

I work in agriculture, there is a legal separation of animal feed that relates to the type of animal, if it will be consumed by people etc.

it's complicated, but the rule of thumb is that for animals with short lifespans that arn't going to be eaten (or eggs) higher heavy metal content is OK

since pets arn't consumed in any way, I can't see why anyone would feed them food of a really high grade, it goes by the lowest common denominator

and compounding that, domestic animal food doesn't have to be lebled in the same way, so consumers don't have to be told where the food comes from, what's in it, or what the levels of heavy metals are
because it's bad marketing, and the food standards body recognizes it doesn't matter

also numerous major pet food companies are caught out all the time claiming things about their food that simply isn't true

so my suspicion seems founded, and the cauting I advise seems reasonable
>>
Stew. Stew with tubers, onions, white wine, rosemary and mint.

You know, bunnies make fine pets, but so do chickens and ducks, and a dog makes a fine meal. Fuck you guys.
>>
>>7559359
>stewing a rabit
>being this much of a peasant

at least take the thighs off before you stew it
>>
You can't fuck up rabbit stew. But they're also good brushed with oil, with just a bit of salt and pepper on the grill.
>>
God I love bunbuns
>>
>>7558407
Isnt that what cooking is for?
>>
>>7559845
Yup.
>>
>>7559309
No. A higher standard exist for commercially farmed animals for public health reasons. OP is fine. The issue is taste. Some feeds will alter the taste of the meat.
>>
>>7559265
>>7559275
This recipe is superb, had it just like this, make sure to use the garlic version.
>>
>>7557925
Braised in red wine with chickpeas and garlic. Chunks of bread to sop up the juices.
>>
save the bunnies, eat a cow :(
>>
>>7558852
are you a grill, btw?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.