[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FOOD/DRINK PAIRINGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1396348104426.jpg (239 KB, 1444x1000) Image search: [Google]
1396348104426.jpg
239 KB, 1444x1000
I want to start including wine/beer pairing in the food I cook for myself and others. There's this nifty infographic I found that seems a good start, but does /ck/ have any other advice to give? e.g., any exceptions to the general rules of thumb to be mindful of or, w/r/t wine, regional differences within the same varietal that changes it's flavor a bit?
>>
The infographic is shit and you should delete it and never look at it again.

For example as to your question, riesling is a really common example of a grape that's made into extremely different styles of wine, yet it's presented as generically as a "sweet wine that goes great with pad thai lmao weed XD" because of the misguided belief that dumbing things down to the point of being worse than useless is a good way to educate people who are too lazy to read and taste and decide for themselves.

I've raged enough at that infographic that I'll just stop right there, it's not even worth correcting.
>>
>>7557507
>>7557529

>pick any bottle of wine
>drink the whole bottle by yourself while you cook/let your guests drink and talk while you cook
>eat dinner buzzed
>drink water with your meal

there is your meal pairing guide. 100% works every time.
>>
File: 1412163881093.png (694 KB, 1600x2133) Image search: [Google]
1412163881093.png
694 KB, 1600x2133
That infographic is so goddamn shitty.
>>
>>7557507
What wine pairs well with Tyson Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets?
>>
>>7557622
2 Buck Chuck
>>
>>7557507
Coors Light + Little Caesar's = God Tier pairing
>>
>>7557615
Thank you, goddamn. I want information, not a cereal box quiz.
>>
>>7557507
Food and drink pairings are a fucking joke, like most of the stupid mythology about wine. It literally doesn't matter what wine you serve any meal with.
>>
File: porto-vintage.jpg (119 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
porto-vintage.jpg
119 KB, 1200x900
>>7557507
The sommelier at the store told me to try it, and I have to agree:
Dark chocolate works magically with port wines
>>
>>7558167
Dark chocolate goes well with almost all red wines. The port just cuts down the bitterness of the dark chocolate because it's so sweet. Port is like 20g of sugar per serving, I used to love the stuff but it wreaks havoc on your glucose levels.
>>
>>7557622
4 or 5 Thunderbirds

>>7557761
High Life is objectively best with cheap pizza
>>
>>7557507
Look for a wine tasting club in your area. I've been going since I turned 21. One of my favorite pairings is cream sherry with carrot cake or spice cake.
>>
bump

I need to look cool and know what I'm talking about
>>
It's funny how /ck/ goes into defensive rage mode as soon as someone mentions wine. If the trolls around weren't such lame ass boring fucks they would make wine threads instead of the same old well done steak shit over and over again hehe
>>
>>7557557
thread, anyone who doesn't do this is a puritan
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.