[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm NOT drinking any FUCKING Merlot General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: red-charry-wine-hd-wallpaper.jpg (2 MB, 5040x3200) Image search: [Google]
red-charry-wine-hd-wallpaper.jpg
2 MB, 5040x3200
Wine Snob Thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXXDC5FarhE

Let's start by how people objectively say Wine X is better than Wine Y based purely on price alone. There was a 6,000 census study in comparing expensive wine to cheap wine and people without advanced taste training couldn't tell the difference. When a chemical was introduced into the expensive wine and the blinding was lifted, they still thought the more expensive wine tasted better even though it couldn't have.

Enjoying a nice $4 bottle of FUCKING Merlot tonight. What about you guys?
>>
>>7556261
Taste is subjective.
I like my wine dry and fruity
>>
I saw a display of $3 wine at walmart today and was tempted to buy some but didn't because I'm an alcoholic and I'm trying not to drink while alone
>>
Someone gave me a bottle of Snap Dragon cabernet sauvignon. I don't know shit about wine, but this isn't as bad as some of the other wines I've had (most of which have been malbecs, something is wrong with that shit).

Overall its shit and wine sucks.
>>
>>7556261
Uh I like that Goliath wine? Literally cant tell the difference but the one thats cheaper than $15 tastes better.
>>
>>7556291
You know, one thing I never agreed with the whole AA is that they teach you that drinking is bad and should be avoided.

For most alcoholics, being taught how to drink should be a thing. Although for some quitting entirely is the only solution

You say you don't drink alone anymore, but do you drink in social environments?
Are you capable of stopping yourself from drinking when around people out of willpower or out of social stigma?

I'm sorry if I'm inquisitive, I never interacted with alcoholics
>>
>>7556261
Is this a Sideways reference?

Never got wine, it gets you drunk like anything else, yet the community likes to seem cultured.
>>
>>7556317
Only because its fermented, anon
>>
>le sideways merlot meme
>>
>>7556319
I'm not getting your implication...
>>
>>7556306
I try to set rules for myself, but I always descend into taking things way too far regardless.
I'm currently nearly 22 and nearly finished with uni.

I used to go out and party, but I ended up getting arrested twice for public intoxication. So I set a rule not to leave the house when I was drunk.

I just started drinking alone then. I was in a fraternity and I would leave my room and socialize with people when I was smashed for a while. Eventually I felt too embarrassed because I would black out every time and make an ass of myself and not remember it. I started just drinking alone in my room.

Eventually this got me sent to the hospital and I spent a brief stint in the mental ward. I went to a few rehab sessions but didn't go back after winter break. After that, I told myself I was swearing off hard liquor.

I drank only beer for a while and it was going okay, but eventually it escalated and I ended up drinking around 72 beers over the course of 5 days. I ended up going to the hospital because of the withdrawals.

I told myself I needed to stop drinking alone entirely. A couple weeks after that I had spring break and had a drink or two with dinner with my parents a few nights. I have enough willpower to control my drinking around my parents, but not my peers when they're binge drinking

It's been a little under a month since then and I feel like I'm tearing apart at the seams trying to keep myself from drinking
>>
>>7556325
Cultured... Fermented
It was a pun
>>
>>7556338
Holy shit that's hardcore. You should find better friends, they aren't going to be any help for you, you clearly have addiction.

You have my support anon, i have faith in you
>>
>>7556338
You have no willpower.

This is not some AA bullshit to make you feel helpless, just a goddamn fact. You have no sense of regulation, and need to stop. There are only two outcomes to this scenario,, and you already know them.

This is coming from an alchie that can "contnrol" himself, you need to stop. Now.
>>
I'm drinking a 2011 Château Salettes
Bandol. A bit pricey but a really great wine. I drank one earlier and enjoyed it so much I bought a second bottle to bring home. Expensive or not, a good bottle is a good bottle. There are differences.
>>
File: gr.jpg (181 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
181 KB, 1500x1125
>>7556261
>people objectively say Wine X is better than Wine Y based purely on price alone.

Who are these people and in what context are you interacting with them? Is this one of those internet characters that doesn't actually exist except as some kind of strawman fantasy? Like the alleged vegans who are always barging into expensive steak houses and yelling at the customers? And the shrill tumbeler activists who walk out of restaurants if the cook is white?

Maybe it's just me, I come from a place where wine drinking is just a normal thing that people do Is it very different in gastronomically blighted food deserts where wine is something you buy once a year for christmas dinner? Do people develop very strong opinions about things they know nothing about?

Anyway this was the last bottle I had, it was good.
>>
File: curatolo-arini-marsala-fine-2.jpg (75 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
curatolo-arini-marsala-fine-2.jpg
75 KB, 600x900
got some of this on the go

dry and sweet and goes down a treat
>>
>>7556338

Can't even handle a 5 day rager.

Pussy
>>
Cheap merlot is all I drink, two bottles a week at least
>>
>>7556261

$4? I don't pay more than $2-3
>>
File: 1437106385523.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1437106385523.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>>7556261
>mfw I drink Franzia and Charles Shaw

Fuck the haters, I'm lookin to get smashed in a socially acceptable manner
>>
>>7557564
>Franzia
>socially acceptable

I sincerely hope your a grill or else you'll just look like the drunkard you are
>>
whats wrong with merlot?
>>
>>7557567
my guests don't even see the box desu

I even pour it into a nice glass
>>
How do people get addicted to alcohol? it's one of the shittiest drugs.
>>
>>7556306
This too.

I was drinking the better part of a fifthe, alone, for a long time. Groups Like AA say I need to find god, because Im an alcoholic and have lost control.
Now I drink socialy, and occasionally have a beer or two alone.
IMO, they're for weak people that can't overcome hardship on their own.
>>
>>7557573

cheap, legal, turns women into whores and lets shy people open up in social situations

its definitely a top tier drug. more fun than smoking some dabs and feeling paranoid and eating some chicken tenders and going to sleep
>>
>>7557579
also turns people into raging tards kill thousands and hangovers.

weed is much better
>>
>>7557584

weed is okay to do to wind down and relax at the end of the day

smoking weed and going into a social situation/party is almost always a good way to be the quiet kid that sits in the corner and looks like a burnout

dabs/oil/wax are all fucking degenerate

drinking and driving is fucking stupid especially in a day and age where you can get a fucking uber to pick your drunk ass up any time of the night for $10

responsible alcohol use is much more entertaining than marijuana
>>
>>7556261
Perspective is a thing when it comes to any aesthetic. People value something they pay for much more than something they get cheap. That's basic psychology. At the wine bar I do the list for we learned pretty quickly that the cheapest by the glass wine doesn't sell. People just wouldn't order it. Because no one wants to drink the cheapest wine. So we made all the cheaper by the glass wines the same price.

Oh, and a funny thing about that whole Sideways Merlot thing: the prized bottle he opens at the end of the film is a right bank Bordeaux. It's a blend of Cab Sauv and guess what? Fucking Merlot.
>>
if they did a 6,000 census study in comparing Rameau to Rousseau would anyone tell the difference?
>>
What does Amell's wine taste like
>>
>>7557644

this is why i will never go to your wine bar. im going to the bar nextdoor thats selling $1 pbrs and isn't full of pertincious douchebags
>>
>>7557661
Not OP. Drinking PBR ironically. MFW my body literally rejects putting that substance down my esophagus and hates me. Its like OE but without the alcohol content. I'd rather buy an unwinnable lottery ticket with that $1.
>>
>>7557586
>dabs/oil/wax are all fucking degenerate
>drinks alcohol

Buddy...
>>
>>7557661
Those bars all closed over the last decade. They simply got priced out of the neighborhood. Also the PBRs were $3, and the people drinking them were pretentious hipster types slumming it. They grew up, and the bars they used to hang at are now precious little eateries targeting the fashion crowd.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.