[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taiyaki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
>remembered seeing this as a kid
>wanted to make it for nostalgia sake
>find out an actual magikarp mold exists
>turns out is a super rare collectible

I want to make taiyaki for the fun of it, but the only mold i can find is the exact same boring one, anyone know where to get different ones?

and any ideas for different batter and fillings?
>>
>>7555258
That's clearly a jelly donut you fag
>>
if it's not the same batter and fish it's not taiyaki
>>
>>7555289
>jelly donut
XD
>>
>>7555298
what
>>
>>7555258
i ate a shitload of taiyaki when i was in japan, and now i miss it
gonna look up a recipe and do it, thanks OP
>>
>>7555536
its easy as shit, basically a thin pancake batter
>>
>>7555442
If its not in the shape of the fish its not taiyaki
>>
File: taiyaki in pan.jpg (264 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
taiyaki in pan.jpg
264 KB, 1600x1200
>>7555587
The only taiyaki pans i can find are the exact same boring fish shape, i want a pan with a better fish shape that doesnt look like shit.

I would love to have the magikarp taiyaki pan but its next to impossible to find one for sale and if you do you can expect to pay a minimum of $250
>>
>>7555610
>he thinks the different chicken nugget shapes have different flavors

Its the same shit and you're an adult. either buy one or stop bitching
>>
>>7555610
Get it CNC'd then if you don't want to buy it for $250
>>
>>7555258
>I want a taiyaki
>But it musn't look like a regular taiyaki

Suck my cock, you want it pinku too? Faggot.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
Maybe try looking for vintage taiyaki pans. Here's something I found on ebay for instance:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Taiyaki-Maker-H-5559-Japanese-Fish-Shaped-Cake-Pancake-Mold-/191817673022
>>
>>7557274
man I haven't seen the bento pasta in years. thanks for the blast from the past. *holds up spork
>>
>>7555610
>The only taiyaki pans i can find are the exact same boring fish shape,

That's to be expected. The "Tai" (red sea bream) is a fish that has nearly religious significance for the Japanese. The shape is traditional so non-standard designs will be a lot more rare than the traditional one.
>>
File: o.jpg (163 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
163 KB, 1000x750
>>7557451
That is better, the cheap ones that are all you can find today seem to have a lot less detail in shape.

still would be nice to have more available options

>>7557011
thats actually a good idea, i'll have to look for a place that can do it
>>
>>7555258
I always thought it was a fried magikarp.

I was a bit confused and sad when they had them.
>>
>>7557743
Didn't James try to eat his magikarp at one point?
>>
>>7558411
Meowth did. It broke his teeth.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.