[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've mastered Indian cuisine (northern, I have no interest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: chinese.jpg (18 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
chinese.jpg
18 KB, 290x174
I've mastered Indian cuisine (northern, I have no interest in southern I don't really care for coconut or curry leaves or any number of their other ingrediants also the having to eat it with the hands is extremely off putting) so I'm looking into learning Chinese.

How do I learn Chinese cuisine? Is there enough of a vegan tradition to make it a worthwhile endeavor? The list of ingredients seems overwhelming.
>>
Ah, the subtle troll thread.
>>
>>7555171
>vegan
I can see why people would assume this is a troll thread, since to master Indian cuisine you have to cook with meat, since that's about a third of what they cook.

But to answer your question, yes, Chinese cuisine is accessible to vegans. Over half of what they eat is vegetable matter, and it's just a question of spices, sauces, and combinations thereof. Obviously many of their sauces are not vegan, due to containing fish or fermented animal products, but things like five spice powder are vegan, as far as I know. But again, you will never achieve "master" of this either because denying the meat portion of the diet/cuisine is to shoehorn yourself into a corner whereby you cannot achieve mastery because you do not know how to cook all that the cuisine has to offer. Whereas someone like me, who can, will be better at it than someone like you, who cannot, and is more fit to claim mastery, since my ability to cook meat does not detract from my ability to cook vegetable dishes.
>>
>>7555171
Growing up, my best friend was Punjabi and his family owned an Indian restaurant that was very well regarded in our area as fine dining.
I spent a lot of time in that kitchen. You are full of shit.
>>
POO
>>
>>7555171
You don't HAVE to eat with your hand in southern India you dumb cunt
>>
Master real cuisines

french, spanish, italian, greek, japanese
>>
STOP appropriating other cultures you fucking SCUM!
>>
>>7555171
>mastered Indian cuisine (northern,

>I can make butter chicken
>and vaguely tandoori something

dont bother trying Chinese m8. well out of league for you
>>
>>7555214
>>7555171
Buddhist cuisine.
>>
>>7555851
>japanese

weeb detected
>>
arent most hindu people vegetarian?
>>
>>7555934
>vegetarian
that's a weird way to spell "disgusting"
>>
>>7555934
about half of them are (they drink milk though). hinduism is 80% of India, there's too many Indian dishes that use meat for all of them to be vegetarian
>>
>>7555225
>punjabi
>literally bowls of slop served with bread
>fine dining
lol

putting punjbi ''''food'''' into a decorative bowl doesn't make it fine dining

t. tamil
>>
>>7555937
vegetarian food is delish. don't be so picky.
>>
>>7556029
christ you indians hate each other more than anything else
>>
File: sarkeesian.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sarkeesian.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>7556096
its pretty silly isn't it?
>>
>>7556096
Call an Indian a paki, it's almost as good as calling a Cuban a Mexican
>>
I'm slowly but surely giving up on this shit board

Literally one single serious reply to the question of "how to get into <other culture> food"

I visited China recently and discovered that the Chinese food I had been eating here is nowhere near to what they actually eat in China, and most Chinese recipes on the interwebs are westernized crap

But yea, thanks /ck/, go on discussing cooking pet peeves, top 3 fast food, and what the best instant noodles are

>lost the game
>>
>>7556096
India isn't homogenous so it's not like its absurd that entirely different people only loosely connected by the idea of "Bharat" hate each other.

Also.

>"mastering" a cuisine
Not a chance someone who shitposts on 4chins can do that.
>>
>>7555171
post some Indian recipes cunt
>>
>>7555934
My Hindu family eats everything but beef because cows are sacred. Fucking savages. I'm glad I was raised by whites.
>>
>>7556478
Awww..there there...maybe you should stick to the reddit nursery, 4chump too mean and horrible for you.
>>
File: annoyed glare.gif (830 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
annoyed glare.gif
830 KB, 250x250
>>7556523
and they better be "master" recipes
>>
>>7556569
>mean and terrible
>go to reddit
Yes yes anon you are the rly tough anon that rulz the interwebs

The banter on ck is the lightest on the whole of 4chins, but it's just so much bullshit besides the actual topic and point of the board that it makes it even worse
>>
South Indian food isn't really that heavy on coconut. The coastal cuisines are of course but in general people assume south Indian food has way more coconut than it actually does.

As for Chinese go about it the same way you imagined yourself going about Indian. Pick a region and "master" it. Schezuan would probably be your best bet.
>>
>>7555851
Portuguese cuisine Master Race. The rest is pleb food
>>
>>7556485
Americans think "not America" is a country and everyone looks, talks, thinks, and eats the same in "not America".

You should have seen the African food thread we had last week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
>>
>>7555937
I'm sorry you can't slather mayo and ketchup on your greens D:
>>
>>7555171
Are you white? If so stop cooking other cultures food you imperialist swine.
>>
>>7557309
Is this the new "wa la"? Are you just going to post this 100x daily for the next 3 years until people just accept it as official?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.