[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is canned tuna almost everyday really as bad for you as most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 20160409_084845.jpg (731 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
20160409_084845.jpg
731 KB, 2048x1350
Is canned tuna almost everyday really as bad for you as most doctors would like you to believe?
Or is it a paper thin ploy to get you to buy more expensive shit?
>>
enjoy you're mercury poisoning
>>
>>7554132
Don't eat so much tuna period. doesn't matter cheap or expensive, thats not a fish you can eat frequently
>>
>>7554142
You're not the boss of me
>>
>>7554142
My roommate was trying to tell me earlier that tuna "drains the water out of your stomach."

Mercury poisoning is a fucking joke to a man of my size but did he pull the water thing out of his ass?
>>
>>7554132
All large predatory fish should be eaten in moderation. It will damage your kidneys over time
>>
how often should I consume tuna? I'm not sure what 'with moderation' means. Once or twice a week? I do ~2-3 cans a week and haven't been ill but I kinda worry about long-term stuff that can happen.

Also, besides sardines, what are some other fish alternatives with less mercury?
>>
its catfood
>>
nice to have for:

tuna pasta egg salad

and if you run out of food you have something to eat

literally the only uses.
>>
>>7554183
I usually mix canned tuna with tomato sauce and some spices, and eat it with spaghetti
>>
>>7554174
just don't eat fish dude, will you die without it? canned chicken is pretty bomb.

but if you really just want to eat a fish, don't eat fish that eat other fish, and try to avoid the fish that just eat garbage.
>>
>>7554197
But tuna sandwiches are fucking heaven.
>>
>>7554197
i like eating fish, and canned tuna among other stuff is cheap and nice
i'll try canned chicken tho
>>
>>7554197

100% bad advise, with not even an iota of broscience to back it up.
>>
why don't they just stop making the cans out of mercury?
>>
You shouldn't eat tuna anyway. It's a slowly reproducing predatory fish which means it accumulates crap from the food chain and you are also fucking up the environment by eating unsustainable fish.
>>
>>7554269
btw this desu
>>
>>7554269
Not sure if trolling
>>
>>7554132
>he eats tune in water
>not sunflower oil

Poorfag
>>
>>7554388
>Eating highly processed, atherogenic omega-6 vegetable oils
>>
>>7554281

how is that trolling? where else does the mercury come from? the fish would sink if it had metal in it.
>>
>>7554132
http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/tuna-mercury-calculator.htm
>>
For the past 4 months my roommate has eaten almost nothing but chunk light tuna. He buys the little 70 calorie bags and eats one or two each meal.
>>
>>7554388

Tuna in oil costs exactly the same amount as tuna in water. It's less versatile and I've never met anyone who actually prefers it.
>>
>>7554388
Tuna in water comes with the added benefit of being a beverage
>>
>>7554597
Tuna in olive oil is the best.
>>
File: iktf.jpg (39 KB, 481x299) Image search: [Google]
iktf.jpg
39 KB, 481x299
>>7554132
Reduce your TUNA intake, no matter if it's canned or comes in a bag or in sushi or steak form

It's a high end predator and so has a larger amount of mercury in it

As well, ocean fish stocks are collapsing so you should cut back on all of that unless you want to bring on global apocalypse all the more quickly. It's coming anyway so maybe it doesn't matter.

Eat whatever you want anon
>>
>>7554142
Why not?

Is tuna really radioactive and mercury ridden?
>>
Did big fish always have mercury or is this a thing that happened during industrialization?

When did we start to notice this?
>>
>>7554694
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish

Explains it better than any of us could, even has a handy picture at the top if you're feeling lazy
>>
>>7554719
I drew this fish eat fish thing on my year 4 marine biology notebook and got in trouble for some reason. Good times man.
>>
>>7554590
What an enormous waste of money.
>>
>>7554411
lol
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.