[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw im a 39 year old unemployed man who lives alone and cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: me.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>tfw im a 39 year old unemployed man who lives alone and cant cook.

I mostly eat bar-s bologna sandwiches on store brand white bread.

It's quite a value.
>>
At least you haven't degenerated to ketchup sandwiches
>>
File: bar s.jpg (16 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
bar s.jpg
16 KB, 215x215
>>7553471
>bar-s

i love cheap meat products. libby's vienna sausages are my go-to snack.

but everything from bar-s is absolutely revolting. tastes like shit, makes you feel like shit.
>>
Carbonara is the easiest meal on the planet, and it's very satisfying. Learn to make that.
Also, buy a sandwich press or something so you can make toasties.
Also learn how to make hardboiled eggs if you can't already do that.
Eggs on toast is a very cost effective and delicious meal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmnoGc1fxew
>>
Dude, stop being afraid and get your ass in the kitchen...forget meat for a while. Learn how to cook rice and pasta. You might fuck up here and there, but the kitchen is about experiments, man...sometimes you have a great idea that turns out like shit; that's life...throw it out and refine your idea...less of that, more of this...

And we live in an age where we can get great advice from veterans in the field; watch some tutorials on what you might want to tackle next and give it a shot...you don't have to be a five-star chef; just try to make food according to your own individual taste. That's where cooking begins...

Hell man, even sandwiches--get some gourmet shit going on! Toasted bread, mayo with dashes of garlic and oregano on top...layer it to your tastes...perhaps meat on the bottom, then cheese, then a small layer of crisp lettuce with a thinly sliced tomato...more cheese, and then some avocado spread on top with some red pepper flakes mixed in...intermix with some hummus....mmmm

Sounds better than your current situation, man...DOOO EEEITT
>>
Get a rice cooker. A steamer. A microwave. A mini oven. Literally all the food you can make easy.
>>
>>7553471
>unemployed
>lives alone
How do you pay bills and stuff? Pls respond, I want to live the NEET dream!
>>
>>7553808
Wtf is this rice cooker meme. It takes 10 mins in a pan
>>
>>7554030
Seconding this, why does everyone here always obsess about a rice cooker like its some sort of must have kitchen tool.

To me it seems like yet another fucking appliance to clean and maintain. I've never, ever had any trouble cooking rice in a pan.
>>
>>7554042
>>7554030
saves me space on the stove and has timer functions my stove doesn't. also there's nothing to maintain, what are you talking about?
>>
>>7554098
Electronics break down at some point, and they're harder to clean. I have no idea why people claim this is a "must have" or "essential" tool in the kitchen.
>>
>>7554109
You don't clean the electronics dummy. You wash the pot and lid, which are of course removable. Also quality electronics will last very long, I still use the same electric kettle that my mother used to make baby food.
>>
A plastic rice steamer that goes into the microwave is literally as good as a rice cooker.
>>
>>7553471
so, how much do you spend on tabs/oxy/vikes a week?
>>
>>7554042
I think the same as you Anon.. I married a Asian chick, and had to buy her a rice cooker. She made it perfect in the pan for a long time before getting a rice cooker, but she got one for X-mas last year, and loves the damn thing. Rice seems the same

So, I guess it saves a bit of effort, but I cant honestly tell a difference. I don't eat a lot of rice, but if I had to make it myself, I'd still use a pan..
>>
>>7553471
Try this brand OP. I can't handle Bar S but this one is maybe 50 cents more. Still usually under 2 dollars and cheaper than all the others at the majority of stores. Taste and texture is better
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 450x450
>>7554228
Forgot pic. Sorry
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.