[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Is it okay to take a girl to Applebee's on a first date?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: Applebee's tendies.png (116 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
Applebee's tendies.png
116 KB, 250x167
1. Is it okay to take a girl to Applebee's on a first date?
2. Is it autistic to order chicken and fries? I love that stuff.
>>
1. yes
2. no

go for it op
>>
File: 1435554651609.jpg (81 KB, 535x489) Image search: [Google]
1435554651609.jpg
81 KB, 535x489
yes
bitches love applebees and a guy that eats tendies
>>
Depends how old you are, if you're young you can go to applebees, but not order tenders and fries. If you're older, you can order chicken tenders and fries, but not go to applebees.
>>
1. Depends on the girl, does she like Applebee's? Is she from a rich family? I know I wouldn't care but growing up my dad thought Applebee's was fine dining.

2. Yes. But once again if she orders it then it probably doesn't matter. Maybe you should be going for autistic girls who like tendies as much as you.
>>
>>7553074
I don't see why not.
Do you think she'll put out?
If not, just get her a small salad and water.
>>
>>7553083
What a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>7553093
Why?
>>
Definitely depends on the girl. I know lots of schmuck couples who are more than happy to just eat tendies together, before they settle in to a night of My Little Pony and juice.
>>
File: gorsh.jpg (60 KB, 553x369) Image search: [Google]
gorsh.jpg
60 KB, 553x369
>>7553086
>growing up my dad thought Applebee's was fine dining.

you and me both brother. it was the one place we'd go sometimes that wasn't a buffet.
>>
>>7553118
And anal.
>>
This reminds me of "Talladega Nights" where the family thought Applebee's was the shit, hah.

Truth is, though, the food isn't that bad. Even the chicken tenders are pretty good. BUT if you're taking a date? I'd get a salad and a steak. Their steaks aren't bad, especially if you get some teriyaki/stir fry sauce to go with it.

I don't know, just looks better than tendies.
>>
>>7553074
I thought you had to be 18+ to browse the Chan?
>>
>>7553151
I thought you weren't a bitch.
>>
>>7553158
You were wrong, nerd.
>>
>>7553141
>Talladega Nights

that was a documentary.

>truth
>>
>>7553074

1. probably if the girl isn't cultured...and she probably isn't

2. she might as well know what shes getting into, so sure, order whatever you want. if shes down for an applebees date i cant imagine her caring about this.
>>
Only if you use a coupon or voucher.
>>
>>7553074
I'd stand you up
>>
>>7553074
Is your mom driving? Then, yes, getting tendies at Applebees establishes proper dating bonafides.
>>
>>7553250
i'm sure that would be devastating

post your tits whore
>>
>>7553074
Applebee's is not acceptable for a place to date unless you are poor.
>>
>>7553141
The steaks are microwaved with grill marks brushed on. Stick with tendies and fried food. I hear they have super cheap long island iced teas sometimes
>>
File: 1355285768750.jpg (29 KB, 603x493) Image search: [Google]
1355285768750.jpg
29 KB, 603x493
people around here only get douche chills from chicken strips because of memes and reddit buzz. If you're seriously going to a chain restaurant while on a date (don't), nobody is going to notice if you order them over the hockey puck steak with cheesie crust or give a fuck either way.
>>
it is rather unpretentious but you need to be a chad to pull it off
>>
File: the liberation.jpg (10 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
the liberation.jpg
10 KB, 251x201
it has alcohol so you're somewhat in the clear. get drinks first before chowing down, that way it is a little more exceptable.
>but seriously...go to a dive bar or something instead.
>>
>>7553074
If that's who you are and what you like, go for it. You want a chick that digs the person you are, so just do what you do, man. Plenty of guys will try to act like some high-rolling, rich, James Bond, wine aficionado type dude and end up with a shallow bitch that dumps them after they inevitably can't keep the ruse going forever. If you want a cool, down-to-earth chick, I don't think where you take her should matter (in reason, of course--don't take her to a dog fight, for instance, at least not on the first date).
>>
>>7553074
Definitely not. Even if there's nothing wrong with it, it sends a bad message. Surely there's a nice non-chain restaurant near you?

Honestly the only chain you might be able to get away with this is Panera.
>>
What's wrong with Fapplebees?

What's wrong with tendies and frizzles?
>>
File: 1429588568288.jpg (43 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1429588568288.jpg
43 KB, 500x483
>calling chicken strips "tendies"

What are you fuckers? 10 years old?
>>
>>7553727
No.
Tenderloin cuts breaded and fried are called tendies.
>>
>>7553074
Applebee's is never acceptable for any reason.
>>
>>7553074
>Taking a date to APPLEBEES

What a waste of money you faggot. Take her to In-n-Out.
>>
>>7553118
Is eating tendies really that bad?
>>
>>7554655
Depends. Eating tendies as an occasional meal? No problem. Refusing to eat anything but tendies? Serious issue.
>>
>>7553074
You must live in a special kind of flyover hell if your best option for a date is an Applebee's.
>>
Me? I'd order crablegs :^)
>>
>>7553074
I wouldn't take a girl there for a first date or any sort of serious occasion

The steaks are garbage, I stick to the appetizer combos if I end up at an applebees
>>
>>7553727
found the newfag
>>
>>7553727
I've heard kids on 4chan refer to blow jobs as "blowies" and then get mad at me for being shocked, I think having constant internet access from the moment your mother shits you out of her mucuousy fish pipe causes permanent brain damge.
>>
>>7553074
Depends on how poor, trashy, painfully middle class and stupid your date is.
>>
>>7555371
>middle class
Hate to break it to you but thinking of Applebees as a date spot puts you squarely in the lower class
>>
>>7553727
What's wrong, didn't get your tendies today?
>>
>>7553074
>1. Is it okay to take a girl to Applebee's on a first date?
It's fine if you live in flyover country.

>2. Is it autistic to order chicken and fries?
Yes.
>>
>>7555368
>he didn't get blowie wowies from mommy wommy

lmaoing @ ur life desu
>>
1. yes, if you're under 18, white trash, and/or black. (or if you don't want a second date)

2. no, unless you make weird noises and/or perform some ritual while eating.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>7553083
This if you're out of high school and it's a first date take her to some place she's never heard of or just go grab a cup of coffee (not from a chain joint) depends on the girl and situation
>>
>>7555567
To add to this do some research on local joint read reviews check out groupon that site usually advertises really fun activitys for dates
It's your first date so you want to make a good impression and a lasting memory
If you're broke go do some sort of outdoor activity or even just invite her to play vidya at your place and cook for her datings not that hard just be open honest interesting and fun
Oh and protip have a shot before you brush your teeth for a first date make sure to wipe the back of your tongue with a paper towel cause the last thing you want to do is smell like alcohol before you show up
>>
>taking a date to Applebee's

Does this ever work? The unbelieveably good looking aside, how the fuck could you ever hope to impress a woman by taking her to a poverty tier restaurant chain?
>>
>>7555368
its called a blowie-joey you faggot and mum gives them to me when i throw out my piss bottles for the day
>>
File: 1457614582699.gif (892 KB, 435x545) Image search: [Google]
1457614582699.gif
892 KB, 435x545
>hate bones
>don't want to gnaw on them like a fucking animal
>get made fun of for only eating tendies
stop bullying guys
>>
1. Yes, if shes 14

2. Yes, unless you're 14
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1300x1099) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1300x1099
>>7553074
It depends on what your wearing desu. Wear a nice blazer and some kahki cargo shorts with your best looking Full Metal Alchemist shirt. The pockets on your shorts should provide ample room for tactical condiment storage and all that change you've been saving up for the past year in case you want to leave a tip.

As with any promising date make sure the waiter brings out the kids menu for her. The kids menu has two key advantages over the regular menu, First every thing is A LOT cheaper (or free if she can pass for a ten year old) and second it almost always comes with crayons for coloring and a bunch of fun activities like connect the dots and crosswords in case you get bored.
>>
>>7556016
>fake post
>that type of anime

It's like even more pathetic than moe, what the fuck?
>>
>>7553074
Are you in high school?
1. yes
2.yes

Are you over 21?
1. yes
2. no
>>
Wait what is the problem with Applebees? What is a good restaurant for dating? What difference does it make where you go to sit down and have people serve you hot plates of food?
>>
>>7556374
I second this question.
>>
>>7556358
i don't like anime, and i watched that show with my wife. it's got a good heart.

hate the fucking theme song, though. all anime themes are terrible.
>>
>>7556374
if you have to ask you're fucked
>>
>>7553074

my first date with my current girlfriend was chiles and i paid with a gift card.

we both got chicken tendies and she sucked my dick.

if she doesn't like chicken tendies and sucking dick she isn't worth dating OP
>>
>>7556374

Going to a semi-fastfood joint on your first date makes you look cheap and childish. Women tend to find this stuff rather important.
>>
>>7553074
>2. Is it autistic to order chicken and fries? I love that stuff.
I think it's a waste of time to go to a restaurant for something you could easily make at home.
>>
>going to a restaurant on a first date

go get a coffee or something. dont waste money on a girl who probably just wants a free meal
>>
>>7557630
This.

Ordering chicken and fries at Appleee's would be like ordering a PBJ at a steak house.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 380x380
>>7557697
>steak houses are the fanciest thing I can think of
>my local shit-tier mall restaurant is a rare opportunity to try something very special
I can literally smell your poverty

It smells like pam cooking spray, old navy clothes with the elastic waistband ruined from too many trips through the laundromat coin-operated drier, low fat butter substitute, and fructis brand shampoo
>>
File: mickey mouse.jpg (5 KB, 250x215) Image search: [Google]
mickey mouse.jpg
5 KB, 250x215
>>7557630
>I think it's a waste of time to go to a restaurant for something you could easily make at home.
Chicken tastes different from different restaurants.
>>
>>7553727

I don't get it either. Aren't they usually called chicken TENDERS?
>>
>>7553074
If you have to ask 4chan for advice, you are too young to go on a date
>>
File: Maximum Over-Rustle.gif (613 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Over-Rustle.gif
613 KB, 200x133
>>7553074
>>
1. Yes, but only if you're lower class, highschoolers, or struggling college kids.
2. Not really but I'd avoid it for the first few dates.
>>
>>7555368
>not getting a joke blowie from your friend as a joke while you're driving home from getting tendies

REEEEEEEE NORMIES GO.
>>
>>7553074
Order whatever you want

Its only autistic to fret over something thats actually a minor part so load up on them tenders, they shareable and thats a bonus for a date
>>
>>7556374
because the entire point of a first date is establishing at least a slight perception of compatibility which is done in part by expressing similar interests, including (trying new) food

you just seem like a dull fuck if the best you can come up with is applebees

especially when there are cooler options for less than what you'd pay at applebees
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.