[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend craft beer is good? Do people just equivocate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: hops.jpg (19 KB, 528x382) Image search: [Google]
hops.jpg
19 KB, 528x382
Why do people pretend craft beer is good? Do people just equivocate their capacity to imbibe disgusting swill with refinement?
>>
>why do people pretend beer is good

FTFY

You'll understand in 2020.
>>
>>7552951
>equivocate their capacity to imbibe disgusting swill with refinement?
I thought that was Stella Artois' shtick.
>>
>>7552959
I have a funny story about Stella Artois. I was at a pub with a couple of buddies and one of them ordered a Stella and he tells me "this smells like shit." I thought no way, so I took his glass and gave it a sniff. It actually smelled like literal sewage. I think it was actually the glass (I imagine what they did was just soak all the dirty glasses in the sink and then rinse/wipe, which is what actually caused it to stink).

Anyway, Stella isn't that bad. It isn't better than Bud or any common beer, but it's not notably terror; that honor is reserved for craft beer. If anyone who drinks Stella does it hoping that it will be like the commercial with the female voice and European setting, the fault is with their stupid head.
>>
Are you 12?
>>
>>7552971
I'm almost 25, actually. Is that what it's about? Do you think drinking beer that tastes more bitter, or like someone mixed grass into the brew, is more "mature"?
>>
Stop drinking shitty west coast beer and drink better midwestern and northeastern stuff
>>
>>7552972
No, I just think saying dumb things makes you sound like a child
>>
>>7552976
I'm expressing an opinion about my taste in drinks on a board for discussing food and drinks. If anything, you look worse for going negative and personal on me because you don't like what you hear.
>>
>>7552985
>I'm expressing an opinion about my taste
No, you said people who like good things are pretending
>>
>>7552999
Because it tastes like shit, anon.
>>
>>7552975
Retract those words, pal.
>>
>>7552951
To piss you off. Thousands of years of pretending to like beer has exposed in you writing this post. Now that it's been revealed you hate beer, all beer will now be banned.
>>
>>7552951
>They're only pretending to like it!
literal autism
>>
Because it tastes better than macro lager. Not to say I don't enjoy the occasional 12 pack of swill. It's just that sometimes I want to enjoy the flavor of what I am consuming.
>>
>>7553003
What do you drink, buddy? I'll drink any type of beer. I'm a Californian and IPAs are a little too meme-beer for me a lot of times now, but our craft beer scene here is incredible. And if you don't like the bitters or the sours, there are many sweeter beers available, often in fun flavors.
>>
>>7552951
I like really bitter beers and macrobreweries do a shitty job of providing them.
>>
>>7552951
"craft beer" doesn't mean shit. Are you specifically talking about hoppy beers like IPAs? Then I agree
>>
>>7553930
How many IPA's have you tried?
>>
Craft beer is like most other categories of things: a couple of winners and a whole lot of losers. The difference is, without the constant barrage of advertising behind them, craft brewers brewing bad brews go out of business about as silently as they open unlike mass-production/big-name brewers who stick around mostly due to name. If you want to get a good craft beer, find one that's been in production a while and it'll usually be not shit.
Know this, though: as your picture suggests, bitter beer is the trend right now so if you don't like bitter, stick with Old World brewing v American.
>>
>>7552951
When I was a child I only liked sweet or mild flavors
Now that I'm an adult I enjoy things like mushrooms, bourbon, a good cigar, broccoli Rabe, Bleu cheese. I like sharp bold flavors
>>
I only drink Russian Imperial Stout, any other beer is simply inferior.
>>
>>7554096
>Bleu cheese
oualeure!
>>
>>7553932
maybe 6 before I realized they are bitter trash
>>
>>7554178

>maybe 6

>i don't drink beer
>listen to my opinions on beer
>>
>>7554096
I like all those things, except the bourbon, but I still can't really stomach beer. I guess people have different tastes.
>>
>>7552951
Why do people like

Coffee
Wine
Cheese
Olives
Other foods I think are yucky because I tried them once I just want to suck ring pops and eat French fries all day hahaha for real though
>>
for beer, i usually get

bud platinum glass bottle 6pks
24oz steel reserve
24oz natty daddy
16oz 6 pack cans natural ice

for liquor i get

1.75L bartons vodka
1L black velvet canadian whiskey
>>
>>7554185
I don't need to eat shit 6 times to decide I'd rather not eat more

t. guy who has eaten 6 poos
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.