[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any chain Italian places actually good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: observethem.jpg (29 KB, 599x379) Image search: [Google]
observethem.jpg
29 KB, 599x379
Are any chain Italian places actually good?
>>
Lots of successful restaurants in every type of cuisine branch out and open multiple locations in their surrounding areas.

I'd recommend Yelp to find a decent franchise near to where you live.
>>
Thinly veiled Fazoli's thread? Thinly veiled Fazoli's thread.

WA LA
>>
>>7552946
No, its about chain Italian restaurants, and if any are good.
>>
File: mekcehc.jpg (42 KB, 712x451) Image search: [Google]
mekcehc.jpg
42 KB, 712x451
>Monday: Your work is hosting a corporate dinner at Fazoli's; if you want to keep your job, you better attend.
>Tuesday: It's your anniversary. Your fiancee's favorite restaurant? Fazoli's. Skip this one and you can kiss that marriage good bye.
>Wednesday: Your childhood best friend has a layover at your local airport. You haven't seen him in more than 5 years and he insists on having dinner. The only restaurant past the gate? Fazoli's.
>Thursday: Your late uncle Chet has left you a sum of $20k. His only stipulation is a meal, in his honor, at his favorite restaurant: Fazoli's.
>Friday: A sudden thunder storm has knocked your whole city off the grid. You haven't had time to get groceries, and there is only one restaurant in town with a back-up generator. Fazoli's.
Can you survive FIVE NIGHTS AT FAZOLI'S??
>>
>>7552930
Buca di Beppo is pretty okay. It's better than Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden, not that that's a feat.
>>
>>7552960
lol
>>
>>7552960
This seems put together by someone with zero relative life experience.
>>
For fast food Italian, you could do worse than Piada. It's basically angel hair pasta, a flat bread, or a salad topped with some shit of your own choosing, Chipotle-style. You could do worse.

>>7552966
Not MUCH better though. The sad thing is, even the local family-owned joints around here serve up some fucking garbage, and we have a huge Italian community where I live. Even cities with a Little Italy still serve up shit that isn't much better than chain food. I honestly think that "ethnic" food changed for the worse in the US, probably around wartime, and will never recover until all the old farts die with their so-called "authentic family recipes."
>>
>>7553100
WA LA
>>
>>7552930

WA LA
>>
>>7553111
>>
>>7553133
>>
>>7553111
WALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>7553111
WA LA
>>
File: 1158491043429.jpg (25 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1158491043429.jpg
25 KB, 576x432
>>7553111

>no wa la

INVALID.
>>
>>7553100
>>7553111
>>7553133

WA LA
>>
>>7553144
WA LA!
>>
>>7553144
WA LA
>>
>>7553111
>>7553133
Based Fazoli's make my day better.
>>
>>7552930
Reminds me of this kid Brad we went to school with. He came out as a gay in the 9th grade and this was back in the 80s when that shit wasn't nearly as accepted. Anyway, after football practice one day a bunch of us grabbed him fucked the shit out of him to try and straighten him out. I know, I know, but we were just kids, we didn't know any better. It kinda worked. He saw just how painful and unnatural anal sex between men could be and for a long time he lived a normal healthy hetero life. But a few years back they busted him for diddling a couple little boys and gave him 15 years in prison. Just goes to show that you can't save them all, but that doesn't mean you don't try.
>>
>>7552930
>chain
>Italian
>good

You are only allowed to pick two at a time, OP.
>>
>>7553188
Nice wa la m8
>>
>>7552966
Their food went to shit a few years back, has it gotten better again?

Of the Italian chains, Carrabba's is probably the best, though it's still not great.
>>
>>7553856
Yeah, I agree with that. Carraba's is consistently "not bad".

Who /JohnnyCarino's/ here?
>>
What's Fazoli's and why isn't there one anywhere near me?
>>
>>7552982
shut up, nerd
>>
Not only the best Italian chain, one of the best restaurant chains, period.

www.crinitis.com
>>
>>
>>7554360
What makes that so good?
>>
>>7552930
Piada is pretty fucking dank in the Northeast and its starting to spread out. That place is a god send for college students because you can get a pasta dinner with good ingredients with everything you want in it for $5.
>>
Italian food ≠ Italian-American food
>>
Carrabbas is pretty fie my nigga
>>
>>7554344
Nice Fazolis!
>>
>>7555670
I agree, too many people give it shit for doing the bare minimum to be better than Olive Garden and macaroni grill (which isn't a spectacular feat by any means), but I find their food to be generally tasty and passable as Italian American food. The atmosphere is a little tryhard though
>>
File: mazzios_eatery_logo.png (110 KB, 675x397) Image search: [Google]
mazzios_eatery_logo.png
110 KB, 675x397
I wish we had a Fazoli's so bad ;_;

I love shitty Italian food and wish I could get cheap pasta and breadsticks without having to get dressed up or even I could get it from a drive thru. If there was a Fazoli's here I'd literally be there all the time.

To answer the OP I live by a Mazzio's and I like their pizza, pasta dishes, and top notch salad bar. It's kind of run down though and people tell me I'm a shitty person for eating there.
>>
WA LA bump
>>
>>7557222
WA LA indeed, nice fazolis
>>
>>7553214
> italian
> any good at all
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.