[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you're the kitchen punching bag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1440378999904.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440378999904.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw you're the kitchen punching bag
>>
Pull your weight and/or stop acting like a little bitch.

Act crazy if you need to, kitchen rules are basically prison rules, and nobody fucks with crazy as long as you pull your weight.
>>
dont listen to him, anon
I share the same bruises and puffy, salty eye bags thst you do

youre not alone anon! just remember it takes time to git gud and prove those fuckheads youre worth it
>>
Those were the cooks I always spent more time with and helped unless they were lazy then I rode them like a 2 dollar whore.
>>
>>7552529
>kitchen rules are basically prison rules
Is there a kitchen bitch that everyone dicks?
>>
>>7552529
I get what you're saying but I don't want to overdo it and get fired

>>7552570
You would think after 2.5 years I'd have proven myself. Of course I'm still the 'new guy' everyone else is a vet of the place
>>
>>7552578
Yep
>>
>>7552578

That's what the waitresses are there for.

The kitchen bitch is the one who hasn't proven himself during the busiest shifts, kept up, and had other cook's backs when they needed it. You prove yourself when the shit hits the fan and everyone will see it and respect you. Still, if you're the newest and least experienced guy you're still going to end up doing bitch work, because everyone else has already done it and earned their place in the hierarchy.
>>
>>7552586
are you a decent worker? do you share any form of camaraderie with your fellow BoH people?
>>
>>7552588
Except the managers.
>>
>>7552653

Managers are glorified babysitters.

In my experience, if a manager doesn't understand BoH they will still be treated professionally to their face, but will feel that the cooks don't have any respect for them.

I went out for a cigarette break once and found our recently hired manager in tears, having a mental breakdown, because he thought that nobody respected him and was quitting and leaving the state. I somehow ended up having to talk him through his midlife crisis (this asshole that was making 10x more than me and acting like he deserved it) because he thought we were friends, because I'm pretty quiet and just act nice to everyone.
>>
>>7552586

>overdo it and get fired

i worked in kitchens for 3 years and its impossible to get fired if you show up on time and bust ass

literally thrown plates at servers before and all the managers do is laugh

>>7552676

every place ive worked at the manager worked harder than anyone else 70+ hrs a week and everyone in the kitchen thought they were a fucking boss

they usually just did prep but some asshole doesn't show up/quit they jump on the line and school everyone

if your manager is that much of a pussy you should just let him get fired, step up and try to take his job
>>
>>7552721
This. I'm so fucking happy I don't work for retards.
>>
>>7552721

>the manager worked harder than anyone else 70+ hrs a week

It sounds like you're conflating manager with chef.

Even the best managers I've had barely did shit to warrant their attitudes and pay.
>>
Getting out of this line of work is the best thing I've done in my life.

I'd rather dig ditches than go back to the kitchen.
I'd rather sit in a 5ft office cubicle for 8 hours than go back to the kitchen.
>>
>>7552721
>defending the manager
As a former GM who started BOH, got pushed into a very high pressure maitre d and finally fell into the money trap and took the bait, appreciate it. I don't know what other GMs expected to do, but my job consisted of making everyone happy, from your middle American with a mind full of shit, moody and perpetually inebriated chefs (I always relished cutting off the head chef/owner after two bottles of wine), to the never ending drama within the wait staff. 60 hours was required, 70 expected and despite what BOH thinks, yes your job is much more important and you generally make less than FOH, but you cunts have the most amazing mix of egotism and victim complex I have ever experienced in my life.

Get out while you still can, restaurant industry is held together by spit, glue and booze and is mostly thankless.
>>
>>7552764

negative.

the chef was in the kitchen like 2 days a month tops and mostly just sat out front and drank beers or jerked his dick in the office and made bank. ive seen him hold it down a few times though but he had spent 25+ years sweating dick in the kitchen and had gotten to a nice place where he didn't need to do it anymore with 4 or 5 places running his menu and paying him to do jack shit.
>>
>>7552831

Every manager I've ever worked with was a lazy, egotistical fuck who thought he deserved to be exalted because he got a summer waiter job in high school and went as far as he could go on that career track.

>>7552836

That's the exact opposite of my experience, but 4/5 places I've worked it was a young chef trying to make a name for himself and a middle aged manager spending half his time playing solitaire in the office and looking at boats on craigslist, just biding his time until retirement. At most they'd spend 30 minutes on expo a week during a rush, just to reassure themselves that they're running the kitchen.
>>
>>7552858

3 years in multiple places ive never seen anywhere that didn't have entirely separate FOH and BOH managers that had jack shit to do with each other
>>
>>7552871

What country?

In all my experience one of the main jobs of the manager was to mediate between FoH and BoH.
>>
>>7552512
what cartoon is this?
>>
>>7552896
YuruYuri
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.