[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /ck/ I am starting the keto thing where you only eat fat,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 8549023_orig.png (492 KB, 1000x777) Image search: [Google]
8549023_orig.png
492 KB, 1000x777
Sup /ck/ I am starting the keto thing where you only eat fat, meat and bacon. Supposed to make you healthy as shit and lose weight.
>>
>bacon is considered it's own food group

When will the fad diet stupidity end?
>>
>>7552456
Take back what you just said about bacon!!
>>
>>7552445
Fatty diets increase susceptibility to cancer so just watch out mang
>>
File: This Thread.jpg (8 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
This Thread.jpg
8 KB, 251x200
>>7552445
Is this a fuckin question or a statement starter? What is the point of this thread for real. GOOD FURRR U BUDDDDD.
>>
>>7552445
>supposed to make you healthy as shit
no it's not, it's supposed to treat epilepsy. it's a literal meme diet and you should feel bad for buying into it.
>>
>>7552445

It'll help you lose, but it won't necessarily make you healthy.

Source: I lost over 100lb on keto, only for my doctor to note my high blood pressure and consider prescribing me statins for my >240 LDL cholesterol at age 23
>>
Ketosis is kind of hard to induce and may be quite bad for a person. it certainly works as a short term weight loss diet but long term exercise and good diet must be the answer.
It also makes you smell like acetone
>>
>>7552551
Holy tits!
>>
>>7552551
What was your LDL before you lost 100 pounds? You're implying that your diet which may have been high in dietary cholesterol may have caused or not lowered your LDL levels. There is no proof that there is a correlation between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol. There is some evidence that the opposite s true. My suspicion is that your metabolic hormonal imbalance from being 100 pounds overweight (possibly due to simple carbohydrate over-consumption), or a pre-existing genetic condition is the most likely cause of your high blood cholesterol. Not trying to give you shit, but you attributed a particular diet for helping you become healthier, yet blamed it for not helping you become healthier. Doesn't appear to add up to me.
>>
>>7552810
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1534437/
>>
That sounds kind of sorta a little bit like the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
>>
>>7552878
Wish I could access that.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2824152/

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1900694

http://openheart.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000196.full.pdf+html

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/apr/07/the-sugar-conspiracy-robert-lustig-john-yudkin
>>
>>7552495

I'd rather have cancer than be obese desu.
>>
>>7552445
Don't. It works just because it puts most fat-people-food off limits. Just eat whole foods instead of fat people food. It's easier and healthier, and establishes good lifelong habits.
>>
>>7552445
Calories in > Calories out = weight gain
Calories in < Calories out = weight loss

That being said fat supposedly helps you feel fuller.
>>
>>7552445
all restrictive diets are bullshit
>>
>>7552878
Links to an article titled 'A warty lesion on the penis' for me.
>>
>>7552456
Fuck off, shit-Mouse! Bacon is yummy yummy in your tummy.
>>
>>7552445
You obviously aren't, or you'd have read enough to know more about it. You do eat vegetables as well. You have to or you'll hurt yourself. You just have to be careful that you don't consume too many carbs in the process. It's not NO carbs. It's low carbs.

>>7552495
The opposite is true.
>>
It's based on assumption that prehistoric man didn't eat grain which is bullshit. Those niggers were making beer and gruel before they had a way to write down the recipe. Fuck that.
>>
>>7555251
That's Paleo, you dip.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.