[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1460059088030.jpg (87 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1460059088030.jpg
87 KB, 500x667
Why does my food always taste bland? As in, i could over use salt and my family will notice but i wont as much, everything i make to salads, breaded chicken, lemonade, and cookie cutter cakes dont have any flavor when i make them, but to other people it tastes fine. Is this normal for people who make their own food to not find flavor in their own creations?

pic not related
>>
Shit palette. I'm sorry you'll never be able to enjoy food.
>>
>>7552450
i should have added that other people's cooking tastes fine to me, its just that my cooking always tastes bland to myself
>>
>>7552437
a) needs more acid, squeeze a lemon slice
b) sodium deficiency
>>
>>68026650
wear noseplugs while cooking
add things like onion and garlic and lemon
>>
>>7552459
where the fuck did I get that post number?
>>
>>7552463
who was post
>>
>>7552437
OP its likely an allergy thing.

I have grown up in/lived in a moldy old fucking house with pets ive been allergic to my entire life.

Go outside, stay at a hotel and eat something you love while out and see if it doesnt taste better. When I go out and come back in I can smell my coffee in the cupboard and while it brews its so fucking good to smell. If I go bed to brew I can barely taste it and because of that its 10X stronger.
>>
Research the "body" quality of taste. Learn layers of flavours. Oversalting is compensation for the lack of these.
>>
>>7552437
Indelible proof that yellow fever sickos are genetic dead ends.
>>
Is this chinese taylor swift
>>
>>7552437
Use done seasoning or something.
>>
>>7552452
The Greeks have an old saying for this about how the smells from the food have already filled you. Traditionally they wouldn't eat the meals that they'd cook.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.