[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
starving to death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1396220481587.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1396220481587.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
I'm new to /ck/ and I see this board doesn't have a sticky.

Is there some kind of /ck/ guide on how to survive on a minimal budget?
On the internet I read a bunch of stuff claiming you could survive on 4/5/6 bucks a day, but is that actually feasible?

How would I go about feeding myself on 5 bucks a day without growing my own food or living on a farm?

I realize I might be in the wrong place since the board that likes food might want to spend a lot of money on food, but I wouldn't know where else to go
>>
>>7552321
rice
>>
>>7552321
beans
>>
>>7552321
potatoes
>>
>>7552321

http://imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq
>>
>>7552343

I think he's pretty retarded, but it's basic starters.
>>
>>7552321
Beans and rice. Rice is cheap as fuck at around 5$ for 8000kcal
>>
>>7552321
Search "feed a family of 4 on $26 a week". It can be done. I've had to do it. Recipes aren't bad either. Once we were out of our tight spot, we've continued to eat some of those dishes.
>>
>>7552321

every day some faggot shows up here asking how to stretch his NEET bux

maybe that would be a decent sticky for /ck/ since everyone on 4chan seems to have a networth of $10
>>
>>7552343
A good base to build off. Start there OP and do some other reading on living on a strict, low budget, daily diet.
>>
>>7552730
Nah, fuck 'em. Stickies don't work and purple ignore them and ask the same shit over and over anyway.
>>
Don't buy shit you don't need.
Don't buy expensive versions of shit (especially if you don't need it)
Don't buy shit that is heavily marketed as "convenient".
Don't buy shit that is eaten purely for taste rather than for sustenance
Don't buy "diet" shit, why would you pay more for something that has less calories?
Don't buy shit that has a high cost/calorie ratio.

Follow these rules and you will eat for cheap.
>>
File: 1085-93_d1.jpg (20 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1085-93_d1.jpg
20 KB, 640x360
>Being this poor
>>
>>7552321
>5 bucks a day
Go to little ceasers and get a pizza. You get 4 two slice meals throughout the day.
>>
>>7552918
He's not wrong.
Anyway, first thing to buy is tortillas or white bread. Canned beans, seasonings, vegetables or bologna, "cheese" or eggs respectively. You can do that for five dollars a day and still have money left over for a minor crack addition.
>>
I'm so sick of people posting
>rice and beans
>rice and beans
>rice and beans
FUCK OFF
>>
Get sweet potatoes over normal potatoes, slightly more nutritional per serving.
>>
>>7553022
What the fuck do you want?
If a person just eats white rice, they'll get beriberi.
If they just eat beans, they'll be going through a lot more beans than if they padded it out with rice..
If they get brown rice instead, they're stuck just eating brown rice.
>>
>Cheapest bulk beans in a crockpot
>Flour to make bread
>Noodles
>Russet potatoes (I've seen 10 lbs for a dollar, which is by and far the most cost effective food I've seen)
>Rice
>Spread olive oil on everything
>Peanut butter, almond butter, etc
>Chicken

The startup cost for eating cheap can seem a tiny bit high, but after that it is smooth sailing.
>>
>>7553022

if you don't like it, spend more money on food. rice and beans are cheap. so is ramen.
>>
>>7553022
Brown rice and beans is the prime poorfag food for a reason. It's nutritious and cheap. You can actually live of it for a long time.
>>
>>7553089
>brown rice and beans
>brown rice
>beans
>brown
Are you fucking retarded? The whole point of rice and beans is for the beans to make up for the lack of thiamine in polished rice.
If you get brown rice, you've got no reason to buy beans.
>>
>>7553126
You're so fucking stupid.
>>
>>7553130
And you're evidently Gwenyth Paltrow.
>>
>>7553126
It makes a complete protein. Plus beans have a lot more fibre, protein, iron, and other nutritional values.

You're definitely going to want to throw in some vegetables, fruit, and spices here and there for a complete diet.
>>
>>7552321
Hot dogs, canned tomatoes, can of beans, chili powder. Make some hot dog chili.
>>
>>7553160
This.
>>
>>7552321
Eat miso soup, if you buy a large thing of hondashi and miso then you can eat that with rice for a ~$2 meal
>>
Frozen vegetables; lose the bread and meat. Both are a rip-off...if you need to, canned black beans provide protein and are cheap, while bread (and pasta) is largely an indulgence.
Frozen peas, broccoli, spinach, squash, so on. Fuck fillers like rice and pasta. Russet potatoes are generally a buck per...find things that satisfy your your general nutritional intake while also being cheap)...

Recently bought a family size bag of broccoli; gonna last me two weeks for five bucks, mixed with other stuff. Eating is more for survival on this level, not for gluttony. And at least I'm not eating cardboard ramen or mac and cheese...or shitty bologna sandwiches that will constipate me...or overpriced pizza....
>>
File: 1457085683096.gif (281 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
1457085683096.gif
281 KB, 1000x1600
Saved this a while ago
>>
>>7552321
Calories (and Macronutrients) are King.
Micronutrients are Queen.

Lack of Micronutrients will fuck you up.
>>
Eggs are pretty cheap and nutritious.
>>
>>7552321

i'm new here too, i thought i could get some recipes here. but yeah this place is useless aside from shitposting
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.