[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grill Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 816Db1kwnPL._SL1500_.jpg (125 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
816Db1kwnPL._SL1500_.jpg
125 KB, 1500x1500
So I'm an apartment dweller with a small patio and I miss having a grill. Anybody use pic related? Getting desperate here.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 233x217
If in the US use Craigslist. Weber 22" if you can fit it. 18" if you cant. You can probably get one for $40. People always buy them then give up on learning how to use them and buy gas. I have tons of grills that i have bought and given away. Cheapest one ive bought was 25$ and it came with a chiminey.
>>
>>7551926
Yeah I'm looking specifically for a propane grill since I need to bring it through my living room. Was scouting craigslist as well. How do the small grills usually work in terms of cooking? Any brands to avoid?
>>
>>7551945
How big of a grill do you want? What is the price range? Etc.
>>
>>7551952
Keep it cheap and small. It's gotta fit on a patio that barely fits me.
>>
>>7551945
The smaller ones work fine, the only issue is that you have very little cooking area. The usable area of a grill is smaller than it's overall dimensions.

>> I need to bring it through my living room

What exactly do you mean by that? You planning to use it indoors? That's a bad idea as gas grills create carbon monoxide just like charcoal ones do. It's unsafe to use any variety of grill indoors unless you have an industrial-level ventilation system.
>>
>>7551956
Approximate dimensions are needed. How many people are you feeding. Define cheap. Grills can go from a couple hundred bucks to 10,000.
>>
>>7551964
As in I'm on the second floor and the only way to get to the porch is through my living room. Hence why I'm not keen on charcoal because dragging ash through my rug seems like a bad idea.

>>7551969
3 ft wide, 5ft long
>>
>>7551971
As far as ash you can get a grill with an ash catcher.
>>
http://www.weber.com/grills/series/spirit/spirit-e-310
45"x52"x32"
$500
>>
>>7551971

Why would you be dragging ash through your living room at all? to dispose of it after cleaning the grill? Just dump it in a trash bag, close the bag outdoors, then carry it after it's been closed.
>>
>>7551992
Yeah that's what I would do, but again, I don't like the idea of dragging ash (albeit in a good bag) through my living room.
>>
>>7551904
hibachi my friend, they're basically just grills designed with very little space in mind, and if you use newspaper for fuel you get quick high heat with no coals to deal with later. that or get one of those small table top grills
>>
>>7551997
so you'll carry plates of raw meat through your living room and then the dirty plates back through but not a closed bag of ash?
>>
>>7552068
If I drop meat I can clean it easier than cleaning ash. Picture the worst case for both sceanrios.
>>
>>7552182
dropped meat = raw meat juice into carpet (if your living room is carpeted) or dripping between wood floors

spilled ash = pull out vacuum, turn on, problem solved.

how are you going to drop an entire closed bag of ash and have it spill?
>>
>propane

Literally a gasoline flavored oven.
>>
>>7552182
>Picture the worst case for both sceanrios.

I have, and the ash is much easier to clean. It just vacuums up, no harm done, and even if you don't clean it up it won't attract vermin.

Meat juice/drippings stains. It's much more work to clean out of a carpet or rug. If you don't do a good job it starts to smell and attracts bugs.
>>
I'm not giving you any ideas for this round of the /ck/ challenge.
>>
>>7552189
>2016
>having carpets

lel
>>
>>7552219
Well he did say worst case scenario. Cleaning ash off of wood floor is easy.
>>
I'd recommend a little Weber grill (source: also an apt dweller with minimal outdoor space)
>>
Weber one touch or a knockoff of it. A 22" grill with an ash catcher is perfect for an apartment. Mine has chicken thighs asparagus and garlic bread on it right now
>>
Your apt probably has a grill area some where
>>
File: 20140811_211014.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20140811_211014.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Weber Smokey Joe.
Can do some decent stuff.

When you get serious, you can get a bigger one.

Or build.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.