[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long it takes to kids start to eat 'everything"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Kid-eating-veggies.jpg (44 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
Kid-eating-veggies.jpg
44 KB, 425x282
How long it takes to kids start to eat 'everything"?

Well not everything, but most of the food. I have a 10 years old sister, and she still doesn't like anything, she only eats rice, meat and potatoes, that's it. Sometime chicken and tomatoes. But nothing else.

Im kind of worry about her, what can I and my parents do to make her eat more food?
>>
>>7551406
>I have a 10 years old sister, and she still doesn't like anything,
You can't

Girls are a bit silly, my sister would only eat certain foods on certain days of the week.

Expect her to have a 'vegetarian phase' next.
>>
When they get to the phase where they have to buy their own food or they experience running out of food, will they be able to enjoy "everything"
>>
Depends on the kid. I was picky until I was 20.

It might be anxiety or sensory issues. Certain textures and smells used to make me instantly gag.
>>
Theres nothing wrong with being a picky eater.
>>
stop trying to force them. make food that they like and include some new dishes. they'll be able to try something new without the pressure of needing to eat it or going hungry. make sure you eat and enjoy the new food with them. try to find new food that they are interested in trying.
>>
>>7551406
>How long it takes to kids start to eat 'everything"?
I absolutely hated onions (especially raw), mushroom, tomatoes and meat (crazy vegan aunt filled my head with bad shit about meat from age 4-8 until my mom caught her doing it, still gag when eating sometimes) until I started regularly cooking for myself. I'm so thankful that my mom and grandmother brought me into the kitchen every time food was made to help with prepping. By 8, I was peeling and chopping like a pro. At about 10, they let me cook things under supervision. Then when I proved that I was adequate at safety, they let me go wild and make dinner for everyone when I got home from school. When you actually see the work that goes into making the food, you appreciate it more and will be more willing to try new things made in different ways. I'm still a little weird about mushrooms and meat, but I do eat them on occasion.
>>
>>7551406
Never been very picky about food but only about at 18 have I stopped thinking 'I like A better than B' and started thinking about their quality even if I like A better than B a good quality B is better than A
>>
>>7551447
This is also my story, though still can't stand the texture of red meat.
>>
>>7551406
20 year old here. I generally dislike chicken, turkey, veggies, spicy things, most seafood (with the exceptions of mussels and calamari), anything that tastes like vinegar, rice, nuts, pb&j, beans, soda, and coffee. There's probably more I can't think of right now too. Anyways, she might not change her taste very much.
>>
>>7551507
Same for me except with birds.
>>
I was picky until I started cooking for myself. I used to eat nothing but processed meat and readymeals until I was 19, then I started learning to cook and developed a taste for real food.
>>
>diagnosed autism but not picky

At least not everything is shit. I'm sorry OP, maybe try preparing them another way?
>>
>>7551406
Children literally have denser taste buds covering their tongues which make even slightly objectionable flavors magnified.
http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/menus/kids-taste-buds.htm

It will take another 3-5 years OP for your sister's palette to become more amicable and tolerant.
>>
>>7551406
My wife's son won't eat mayonnaise, and the only things he likes is fried chicken and watermelon.
>>
>>7551637

does he like hotsauce and collard greens too?

is your wifes son black?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.