[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you open guacamole, and the top layer is browner but greener
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: grilled-branzino-horiz-640.jpg (58 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
grilled-branzino-horiz-640.jpg
58 KB, 640x427
If you open guacamole, and the top layer is browner but greener underneath, is it safe to eat? I'm new to this whole guac thing

Pic not related
>>
it's safe, just means it's oxidised and will taste a little rancid on top
>>
>>7551186
But it was unopened, so what does that mean? It was sealed with plastic
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 300x299
>>7551190
Why did you buy unopened brown guac?
>>
File: 20160408_071644.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160408_071644.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Here is a pic i suppose more baby shit green than brown but its close
>>
>>7551226
I wouldn't eat that
>>
>>7551226
Just scoop that off and the rest should taste good, well... as good as possible considering you bought it packaged instead of making it yourself
>>
>>7551226
Uhh yeah I wouldn't eat that.

Looks rancid. Something went wrong with that in transit, the seal must have broke or something
>>
>>7551240
>>7551237
I ate it and it tasted fine, but I got worried after. It tasted different than the bright parts not exactly a bad taste

What does it mean? It was vaccum sealed
>>
>>7551226
Probably a broken seal and it oxidized.

Unless it smells bad or tastes bad, it's not going to do you any harm.
>>
>>7551268
you're gonna die, sorry
>>
>guacamole existing in a closed state
??????
>>
>>7551268
it's fine man, it just means it was exposed to air. just eat it. if there's no mold you're fine. next time, to avoid that squeeze some lemon juice on it
>>
>>7551346
>not making your guacamole in the avocados skin
>>
>>7551356
Are you Europa?
>>
>>7551183
It's just some oxidation from having contact with air. If it doesn't smell off then it's fine. I don't know if it's your camera but the non-oxidized one doesn't look right either, it's too yellow. Just make your own who knows what shit they put in that pre-made stuff.

>>7551356
Lemon/lime juice doesn't help unless it creates a film of liquid over it to protect it from air. Even then it won't work well because the liquid in the juices also has oxygen. Besides it fucks up the taste and lemon in particularly is too sweet and disgusting to be in a guacamole.
>>
i have autism levels of aversion to store bought guacamole (and egg salad) so i just make it myself in small batches so that it never goes bad
>>
>>7551538

lemon juice is delicious in guac
>>
>>7551539
That's not autism. Only weirdos buy guacamole. And some sad flyovers buy "guacamole dip" made with the cheapest ingredients and only a tiny bit of avocado mixed in.
>>
>>7551183
>If you open guacamole
Who the fuck buys guacamole already made in a container?! That shit is super easy to make. How lazy are you?
>>
>>7551183

just stir it up faggot
>>
>>7551542
Careful, the new mod is a flyover who bans people for not liking his favourite low quality shitfood
>>
>>7551535
Mexicans have reversed words for lemon vs lime
>>
>>7551226
I work in a Mexican restaurant. It's normal, even sealed guac gets like that. If it's mostly normal color, mix all that shit together. If it's mostly brown, just try to salvage the good parts and scrape off the brown.

As with any food, if it smells off throw it out
>>
>>7551738
In my experience, most Mexicans don't even use or know the word Lima. When I first moved to Mexico I had a really hard time getting lemons because they call both lemons and limes limones. Lemons were just called limones amarillos. A couple of people even called them limones americanos.

Also a lot of stores didn't even have lemons because fucking Mexicans use limes for everything
>>
>>7551589
People who aren't hipsters and who have lives
>>
>>7551995
Not that other anon and sometimes I do buy guacamole. But it's easy as fuck to make in like 5 minutes. And it's always much better made fresh
>>
>>7551183
nah bro it' means the guac has developed cyanide
>>
>>7551995
>hipster
If a person isn't surrounded by bottles of his own piss, it makes him a hipster
>>
>>7552108
If a person feels pride over such menial things as making guacamole that they feel the need to be a special snowflake about it, it makes them a hipster

Notice nobody with a winning personality ever ranted about how they are a superior person for making guacamole
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.