[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can anyone eat this shit? It is so disgusting and overpowering.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: baaaaaarf.jpg (17 KB, 161x355) Image search: [Google]
baaaaaarf.jpg
17 KB, 161x355
How can anyone eat this shit?

It is so disgusting and overpowering.

I don't know how japanese people can squeeze it all over all of their foods so liberally.
>>
>>7550332
Soy sauce, too. It ruins sushi, yet apparently Japs always splatter their sushi with it? Why don't they know how to eat their own food?
>>
ya i can't stomach kewpie either...i always have it in my fridge but only a tiny little bit is enough to make me never want to make tuna salada with it
>>
>>7550332
>I don't know how japanese people can squeeze it all over all of their foods so liberally.

Have you seen the rest of the shit they eat?
>>
>>7550379
usually it is pretty bland
>>
I don't think it's bad, but they do overuse it, and, hell, who the fuck puts mayo on fried chicken?
>>
>>7550354

You say they do this and that but do they actually?
>>
>>7550354
> soy sauce ruins sushi
Wtf are you smoking, soy sauce doesn't ruin anything unless there's too much and it gets too salty.
>>
>>7550416
There is a tiny trace of flavor that isn't rice. Soy sauce has a very strong flavour, so a single drop of it seriously diminishes that trace.
>>
>>7550332
I bought some of this stuff. It remains unopening in my cubbard. It says use within 6 months of opening, and I don't use normal mayo that much. I'm very curious to try it.
>>
>>7550385
You never put mayo on a Chick-fil-a sandwich?

You're missing out, senpai.
>>
>>7551344
In a sandwich it's okay, bu they put mayo on fried chicken to eat as is.
>>
I spent a couple extra bucks to get Kewpie a few days ago, and I was very disappointed. The Kenko brand is much better. Kewpie as this astringent taste to it, almost like it's spoiled.

Too bad my asian stores only occasionally carry Kenko.
>>
>>7550354
This is like complaining that Americans put ketchup on their french fries because you don't like ketchup.

>>7550385
Mayo goes pretty well with chicken prepped any way. I don't do it often, but a good kewpie mayo rocks with chicken breast or salmon.
>>
>>7552185
Ketchup isn't 95% fat like mayo. Neither is being put on a greasy fried chicken like those yuck japanese karaage.
>>
>>7551344
the mayo on chicken sandwiches is to lubricate the dry bun
>>
>>7553830

Then why not use ketchup?

Oh, that's right, mayo goes well with fried chicken
>>
the half calorie kewpie is nicer than the normal stuff.
>>
>>7550354
Don't know where you heard that. It's actually considered rude for a customer to use sauces because it's served how it's meant to be eaten. When adding your own sauces in Japan, you're meant to just give it a tiny dip. Only non-asians use "splatters" of soy sauce, generally amerifats that think more heat and more soy sauce means more "authentic".
>>
>>7550332
I like it. I make ebi mayo with it, spa salad, deviled eggs and put a little on sandwiches like BLT.
>>
File: LA.jpg (198 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
LA.jpg
198 KB, 1600x1600
>>7550354
absolutely nothing wrong with soy sauce and sushi, homie.
And absolutely nothing wrong with dat dere aminos and sushi.
Anyone else substitute a little liquid aminos instead of soy sauce with their sushi?
>>
>>7554233
>spa salad
what is that

and ebi mayo? like eel?
>>
>>7554253
no, i don't eat meme foods
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.