[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who won the cola wars? Back in the late 90s Pepsi had all t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: the_cola_wars_by_caycowa.png (731 KB, 800x608) Image search: [Google]
the_cola_wars_by_caycowa.png
731 KB, 800x608
Who won the cola wars?

Back in the late 90s Pepsi had all the celebs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnu7kxOgNc

But whenever you go into a store and look int he color there are always like 5 columns for coke and one for pepsi, so what does that say?
>>
>>7550131
The bad guys won
>>
>>7550571
just like real life
>>
>>7550131
The Coca Cola Company has always had more money to throw around, and shelf space along with exclusivity at venues is determined by who pays for the privilege of being prioritised. Then people generally prefer whatever they happen to be familiar with, which would be whatever has happens to be more ubiquitous.

Plus Coke is a better mixer.
>>
You're all stupid. Correct answer; cola won the cola wars.
>>
>>7550131
You should have posted this classic scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0
>>
In pretty much everywhere except America, it's not even a question. Pepsi is nothing but an off-brand coke that you get when restaurants don't have coke or the pepsi's on sale at a supermarket.

America is the only place stupid enough to even compare pepsi and coke.
>>
Pepsi failed from day one by trying to be the "hip" Coke

The problem is that they were trying to be something derivative of coke. Therefore making it always the imitator.
>>
File: 1444365382973.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1444365382973.gif
481 KB, 499x315
coke simply tastes better if you're over the age of 12

i dont really think marketing will ever be able to change this. pepsi is simply too sweet, I never had a sweet tooth
>>
>>7550131

They're owned by the same company, the entire thing is and always was marketing 101.
>>
>>7550664
>>7550131
Coke is better just because its more abbrasive. but its still a pretty shit soda.
>>
>>7551120
They both taste like shit you blubbery manchild
>>
Coke lost the war in Europe due to e.coli.
>>
>>7551120
>pepsi is simply too sweet, I never had a sweet tooth
How high are you right now? All colas (and soda in general) are extremely sweet.
>>
File: what_a_nerd.jpg (43 KB, 338x366) Image search: [Google]
what_a_nerd.jpg
43 KB, 338x366
It's regional, you dip.
Most of the places I've lived in Europe and US, Pepsi is more common, but depends on where.

Of course in terms of the companies themselves? I think Pepsi co is doing better just with the fact that a larger span of their products are popular, while Coke is probably more popular than Pepsi but that's all they've got.

Does anyone have any profit #s?
Or is it meant to be a meme thread?
>>
>>7551892
>Does anyone have any profit #s?

Of course. Both are publically traded companies so their earnings are public knowledge.

Coca Cola is clearly winning.

http://interbrand.com/best-brands/best-global-brands/2015/ranking/
>>
pepsi is a REAL SOUTHERN GENTELMENS drink unlike GOKA GOLA which is sucked down by diabeetus ridden yankee's in their walmarts shopping carts on the way to DIABETES DERBY ok that's my opinion on this site
>>
File: happy bear.jpg (359 KB, 650x619) Image search: [Google]
happy bear.jpg
359 KB, 650x619
Have a real cola my negros.
>>
Coke clearly won the cola wars, pepsi wins with some other flavors though. I'm pretty sure mountain dew is more popular than pepsi cola these days.
>>
3rd place)coca cola
2nd place)pepsi
1st place4ever)store brand gola
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.