[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm making a roast chicken, I'd ideally like to stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: exps7481_BHG2G938689D1.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
exps7481_BHG2G938689D1.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
I'm making a roast chicken, I'd ideally like to stuff it, but how do you (yes you, the reader) make stuffing? I don't really want to make a dressing, I feel like cooking it in a bird really makes a drastic difference in taste.
>>
Not OP but I am also making a roast chicken, but with no stuffing- and I don't have a roasting dish. I have a pot and a skillet that might be too small- what do I do??
>>
I always make it on the side. But you should still use the pan drippings and bird juices to make it.

Stuffing the bird is a bad idea most of the time. Unless you don't care about ruining your white meat. Some people don't mind
>>
>>7548677
>the year of our lord 2019 - 3
>cooking stuffing in the bird
You are not my senpai
>>
File: 14737569.jpg (63 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
14737569.jpg
63 KB, 480x480
>>7548686
>ruining the white meat
Surely if I brine it and take appropriate measures the white meat won't be dry or overcooked by the time the stuffing is done, right?

>>7548685
Dude just go to the store and buy a disposable roasting dish, they're cheap. Get a rack for that sucker tho
>>
Put sausage in the stuffing
>>
File: jimmy-dean1.jpg (68 KB, 457x175) Image search: [Google]
jimmy-dean1.jpg
68 KB, 457x175
>>7548697
I plan to, for sure
>>
>>7548706
What kind of sausage is that?
>>
File: tumblr_static_deen4.jpg (50 KB, 347x504) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_deen4.jpg
50 KB, 347x504
>>7548711
James Deen sausage

Is good
>>
>>7548685

If you have a cast iron kitten it might work if you cover with tinfoil.
>>
>>7548720
I see that is the brand name but what is it called?
>>
>>7548685
>what do I do??

Pretty much anything works as long as it will hold the chicken and is oven-safe.
>>
>>7548728
Not this shit again.

It's called "American Breakfast Sausage".

It's pretty standard pork sausage whose primary seasoning is sage. It tastes a lot like British "bangers". Just about any kind of sausage would work for this though, no need to get caught up on a specific type.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.