[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (313 KB, 1000x623) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313 KB, 1000x623
How do I make my own gin without poisoning myself?
>>
>>7548146
I think it's just vodka with juniper berries or something like that.

There are plenty of kits that produce hard alcohol that CANNOT make you go blind as only using sugar doesn't create methanol
>>
>>7548146
After taking another look I see that the berries were used in the distilling process which could likely produce methanol

What I outlined would be more of a Juniper Schnaps
>>
>>7548157
Yeah I don't want to use the ones where you just add botanicals to vodka. I know you can buy small scale copper stills for home distillation but they're pretty expensive.

Is it possible to build your own still? I'm thinking you could just get a saucepan with a hole in the lid and attach a tube to capture the evaporated vapours or something.
>>
>>7548146
just buy some gin dude, liquor companies exist for a reason
>>
Build a proper still, learn how to use it and test for impurities, get arrested for doing it in most countries.
>>
>>7548175
Yep, it has to be aluminum though (not stainless steel), then you'll need a copper mesh, coper pipes, and a coil. You'll need something to seal the lid on (used oatmeal, but that was messy), a container full of icewater or snow for the coil, then you can literally do it in your kitchen on a stove.

Made apple liquor with frozen juice concentrate and some cinnamon sticks.
>>
>>7548413
Why copper though? What difference does it make than other metals for distillation?
>>
>>7548668

It doesn't have to be copper, but copper is the most practical because:
1) it's soft, so it's easy to form into the required shape
2) it's widely available because it's used for plumbing applications
3) it's easy to join by soldering (just make sure you use plumbing solder, which is lead-free, as opposed to electrical solder which could contain lead)
4) it has very high thermal conductivity which makes it great for use as a condenser.
>>
How arrested would I be if I made a back yard still?
>>
>>7549236
Depends if anyone sees you, hence moonshine.
>>
>>7548413
Could an empty beer keg be converted into a still?
>>
>>7548175
DESU most gin you buy is just vodka with botanicles added. Like I know a bunch of local distilleries near me (one of which is probably the best up and coming craft distillery in the US), and they just take their vodka, re-distill it with botanicals and dilute it.
>>
File: 0017.png (78 KB, 197x201) Image search: [Google]
0017.png
78 KB, 197x201
>>7548146
Foolish mortal, gin is poison.
>>
>>7549236
Partially this >>7549281 and it also depends on how much you're making and how often. Some states do allow for private distillation for personal consumption, you just can't sell it and I think it's limited to something like 20 gallons a year or some such.
>>
How do I make bathtub gin without sacrificing my personal hygeine
>>
>>7550485
Get a gym membership and wash yourself there.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.