[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australian Cuisine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Outback-Steakhouse_top_image.jpg (169 KB, 1200x460) Image search: [Google]
Outback-Steakhouse_top_image.jpg
169 KB, 1200x460
I'm going to have my first authentic taste of australia at the Outback Steakhouse, m8s.

What should I order?
>>
i havent been there in about 16-18 years but as a fat kid i loved the place, the bread and butter was good, id get a salad with 1000 island shit was cash, and i dont know if they still have it but toowamba pasta, it was basically seafood alfredo but damn good, i hads the prime rib too it was good.
>>
File: 1457841262856.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1457841262856.webm
3 MB, 640x350
>>
>>7547012
LAst time I was there they had a seared tuna thing that was kind of pricy but very good. It was a nice steak of tuna served rare, had a nice crust on the outside and came with some wasabi sauce. Not exactly Australian but it was better than most of the other stuff on the menu.

If fish isn't your thing they make a decent steak.
>>
File: 1409072646429.gif (2 MB, 352x290) Image search: [Google]
1409072646429.gif
2 MB, 352x290
Straya is shit. Straya food is shit. Outback is shit.

These statements are all unrelated to one another.

The only thing Outback has that is good is the 'bloomin' onion', which is battered and deep fried sweet onion. It's actually a food item that originated in the U.S. midwest; it's not strayan whatsoever.

>pic related it's how most strayan food and most outback food is
>>
Went there recently for the first time in ages. Went back just so I could get the side of mushrooms again.

I don't know what that says about the place when I'm more excited to eat the side than the entree.
>>
>>7547163
Toowoomba is about two hours from the ocean, I dunno why they chose to name a seafood dish after it.
>>
File: aus.jpg (535 KB, 1500x1317) Image search: [Google]
aus.jpg
535 KB, 1500x1317
>>7547183
as an aussie chef (executive chef) i completely agree with anon. Typical "Australian" is low quality cheap depression style food. My suggestion Steak.
Also General question do americans really not have fairy bread or lamingtons?
>>
>>7547670

>Also General question do americans really not have fairy bread

At least one does, anon.

>tfw when I'm a grown man and eat fairy bread at least once a week.
>>
File: shit-poster.png (251 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
shit-poster.png
251 KB, 900x900
>>7547682
god damn, more aussie than me i declare you an honorary "/ck/unt"
>>
>>7547694

>more aussie than me
i'm just poor
>>
order the big, cheap, tasteless steak OP.
>>
>>7547707
>implying all aussies arent poor
more proof
>>
>>7547012
>Outback Steakhouse is an Australian-themed American casual dining restaurant chain, serving American cuisine, based in Tampa, Florida.

Its like having an Indian themed Mexican dysentry restaurant chain.
>>
File: 8008232[1].jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
8008232[1].jpg
45 KB, 300x300
>>7547012
I just learned Americans don't have chicken salt

It's an amazing condiment, how can you eat chips (fries you dolt) without it?
>>
>>7547770
the fuck, how chicken salt is fuckin great
>>
>>7547183
'strayan n proud here but apart from snaggas on the barbie I don't think we have any national foods or unique dishes. Bunnings sausage sizzle anyone?
>>
>>7547770
We have chicken base which is the same thing without salt. That said it probably does exist
>>
>>7547012

worked at outback for two years during college. my favorite thing on the menu was the clam chowder and anything with the ahi tuna. decent steaks but they usually jew you on the portion size.

menu is way to big. blooming onions are shit and like 3000 calories would not recommend.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.