[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Chef John from Foodwishes.com a meme? Or does he know his stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: rrww.png (121 KB, 621x471) Image search: [Google]
rrww.png
121 KB, 621x471
Is Chef John from Foodwishes.com a meme? Or does he know his stuff?
>>
He's legit. Out of the many, many websites I've gone to for recipes Food Wishes has never done me wrong. The dishes always come out tasting good and don't require many, if any, modifications. They're simple, easy to follow, and are accompanied by videos which only lasts minutes but give you everything you need.

Next to Epicurious it's my favorite recipe site.
>>
>>7546932
Hes literally only famous because the entire video focuses on food and if you follow his recipes the way he does them you will have a tasty meal, even if he makes sensical substitutions to dishes hes less familiar with.
>>
>>7546932
I've made two of his recipes and they both came out pretty great.
>>
Aside from eating burgers that are still pink in the middle he knows his shit.

Also the videos he makes have a comfy feel to them
>>
>>7546932
Legit. It took me a little while to get used to his presentation style but now I'm quite fond of it.
>>
>>7546932
I've made a few of his recipes and they all turn out good. And I find his videos to be very comfy.
>>
>>7546932
Haven't been let down yet. I think he's legit.
>>
>>7546932
He tends to over-present dishes, but fuck if that's the worst thing you can say about someone. He's like alternate dimension Jack.
>>
>>7546932
Nigga revolutionized my French Toast game.

Dude makes great recipes, can be a bit heavy on rarer ingredients but he usually describes substitutions on the blog. His voice is great, he's hilarious in the comments section, and he generally comes off as a pleasant person who likes food, both simple and grand.

Don't talk shit about Chef John 'round these parts. He's one of the few youtube chefs who creates consistently good, comfy videos.
>>
>>7547963

I've seen him destroy people in his comment sections

it's kinda funny
>>
I cannot stand his faggot voice in his newer videos. Sad, because I like to use his recipes as a reference.
>>
>comfy voice
>actually knows how to cook
>no youtube bullshit
>no meme recipes

what's not to like
>>
He has a faggy voice and is only good at cooking mest dishes
>>
>>7546932
>pan roasted chicken with vinegar
you tell me if he knows his shit
>>
>la la la la luuh
>la la lu la lah
>doobie DA
>>
I've only ever made one recipe from him (coq au vin) and it was probably the best thing I've made
>>
The oooooold poke-a poke-a!
I like him, and most of the food he demos.
>>
>>7546932
He's fucking great. I love his videos.
>>
>>7546949
You make it sound like all of that is a bad thing.
>>
He's good. That inflection in his voice is really annoying, but he's one of my favorite youtube chefs, because he just shows you what to do and how to do it.

I don't need to see a chef cut the vegetables for 5 minutes, and I don't need some lengthy backstory about how you made this recipe because your kids absolutely adore macaroni and cheese.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.