[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foods you don't get. I will never fathom how the existence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: cucumbers.jpg (72 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
cucumbers.jpg
72 KB, 360x240
Foods you don't get.
I will never fathom how the existence of the cucumber will ever be justified. For me it's a blend of unimaginable blandness and the texture is just awful.
>>
>>7545483
It's crisp and refreshing, fuck you
>>
>tfw you're in a rush and bought cucumber instead of zucchini

Life isn't fair.
>>
What? Shit ain't bland. Fuck off.
>>
>>7545483
Fuck cucumbers. They're watery and bitter. Good for you for not buying into the global cucumber conspiracy.
>>
File: Liquorice_wheels.jpg (173 KB, 1000x875) Image search: [Google]
Liquorice_wheels.jpg
173 KB, 1000x875
ew.
>>
Cucumber is crunchy filler. It's light and refreshing especially in the summer. Cucumber and tomato with salt and pepper on buttered bread is a great summer snack.
>>
>>7545523
I am Dutch and I love black licorice.
>>
>>7545483
It's more justified than yours.
>>
You're buying the wrong cucumbers, or you're buying cucumbers that were raised in a bad way.

Go get a good English cucumber.
>>
>>7545545
Cucumbers from single mothers are the worst. They're always bitter.
>>
>>7545536
do you guys have the salty kind?
>>
>>7545549
nice meme
>>
>>7545551
Yes we do, it's amazing.

To contribute: I don't get why people bother to cook red cabbage. It tastes so much better to me when raw, than all dishes I've had it in when cooked.
>>
>>7545555
I don't think you understand what that word means kiddo
>>
>>7545563
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?
>>
>>7545570
See now that's a meme
>>
I don't get Pho or oysters.
>>
>>7545483
>not cutting off a few slices of cucumber to put in a glass of ice water
>not enjoying cucumber salad
>not enjoying a nice refreshing salad with cucumber and tomato

I'm sorry that your life lacks crispness and freshness.
>>
>>7545483
You might only have a shit variety available near you. Some of them taste like nothing and have a texture like dried out melon, some of them smell and taste great and are crisp like a juicy apple.
>>
>>7545620
Pho is just a soup. Not really sure what there is or is not to get.
>>
I've never had a good quality cucumber in 30 years. They've really gone downhill and I don't know why. They used to be so crisp and flavorsome, now they have some tough leathery skin that makes an uncomfortable *pop* noise as your teeth burst through it.
You used to be able to eat them like a normal fruit, just by its self. Such a shame.
>>
>>7545483

Asparagus.
It's expensive compared to other vegetables, it's bland and uninteresting, and makes your pee smell weird.
>>
>>7545990
>bland
What's wrong with you people?
>>
>>7545483
I used to buy cucumbers to masturbate every day with after school. I still do that before putting it in my food now :|
>>
File: 5905.png (439 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
5905.png
439 KB, 600x414
>>7545483

But they're delicious.
>>
>>7545990
This, I usually piss in the sink. So whenever I eat asparagus I get a huge smell of my piss.
It makes me want to puke.
>>
>>7545483
>>7545990
good fruits and veggies probably do seem bland in comparison with your high-fat, high-sugar American diets.
>>
>>7546040

But I love veggies. I'm not even American.

This may come as a shocker to you people, but occasionaly you will find individuals with opinions different than yours.
>>
Fruit and vegetables.
I just don't get it. They taste of hard, crunchy, soggy water. Or other weird, bitter tasting shit. Or they have some horrible texture.

Even if I'm having a burger, I'll pick the lettuce out.
>>
Food
i just dont get it
just a boring blend of shitty flavours and textures
i would rather eat shit to be frank
>>
>>7546053
This

All the hard work has already been done for you
>>
>>7546049
People with a different opinion than me have shit taste.
>>
>>7545483
Beef
Pork
Pears
I wouldn't refuse these things if they were served to me, but I just don't care for them very much.
>>
Pork.
Is not haram.
>>
>>7546080
You mean it's not halal?
>>
>>7546098
get fucked m,ate
>>
>>7546080
>>7546098
You say halal, I say haram. Let's call the whole thing urf.
>>
I dip cucumbers in white vinegar and sprinkles with salt and eat. Try it
>>
>>7545488
This. It has the same use as iceberg lettuce.
>>
File: spring-onion.jpg (46 KB, 1000x533) Image search: [Google]
spring-onion.jpg
46 KB, 1000x533
What is the point of this even?
>>
>>7546263
I mix it in with my mashed potato, gives it a nice kick.
>>
>>7546026
Why do you do that. Where do you piss when you aren't pissing in the sink
>>
>>7546263
they taste good?
>>
>>7545483
But then you've never had a sandwich with fresh tomato, cucumber, black peppers, and mayo.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.