[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
half way through my second week as a bread delivery guy. ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: bread-delivery-cairo[1].jpg (185 KB, 550x466) Image search: [Google]
bread-delivery-cairo[1].jpg
185 KB, 550x466
half way through my second week as a bread delivery guy.

ask me anything.
>>
How much do you get paid
>>
what do you do for a living and how long have you been doing it
>>
>>7545038
i get a base pay plus 7% commission on every stop. all said and done i'm starting at about $50k

>>7545041
i'm a bread delivery guy, i'm on about a week an a half.
>>
File: 108px-Iamproud.jpg (3 KB, 108x120) Image search: [Google]
108px-Iamproud.jpg
3 KB, 108x120
>>7545041
>>
>>7545032
Do you get free bread?
>>
>>7545086
my family keeps asking what the situation on the free bread is.
i'm new and i haven't seen what they do with the "old" bread, but i'm pretty confident i'll personally never have to pay for bread again.
>>
Do you deliver the bread like the guy in the picture?
Do you deliver to stores or to private persons?
>>
>>7545114
where?
>>
Is the bread any good, or do you just eat it because it/s free?

What style is it?
>>
>>7545122
i deliver bread in a truck. we go to businesses, schools, office building cafeterias, hospital cafeterias...just about any place that needs bread

>>7545125
chicago area

>>7545128
its good bread and just about anything you want. i think we have over 500 SKUs.
>>
>>7545139

Can you get me a job pls
>>
>>7545139
I'm disappointed, I was hoping you were a happy bike-bread-man.
>>
>>7545139
>SKUs
So prepackaged things like Wonderbread and stuff, yeah?
>>
>>7545141
maybe

>>7545150
no. all our stuff is fresh baked and packaged in either the factory i deliver from our the factory about 2miles away.
>>
>>7545156
So I assume your working hours are really early?
>>
>>7545169
short answer, yes.

right now i get there between 1 and 2am because i'm in training. once i'm out on my own i'll pretty much set my own schedule but it'll still be early. the latest guys get to the bakery around 4am but that really all depends on the route.
>>
>>7545156
And Wonderbread delivers daily, too, you know. What's the company? It's not like any of us are going to learn who the Anon is posting about working for the company or anything.
>>
>>7545196
company doesn't matter.

it's a major brand in the midwest.
>>
>>7545208
>major brand
Right. So prepackaged bread.

Here's my Q4U: how is what you deliver any different from Wonderbread or Sara Lee?

Actually. you probably deliver for Sara Lee. Did I guess right? They have two factory bakeries in the Chicago area and they're headquartered out of the city, after all.
>>
>>7545232
we deliver packaged bread, and "open" bread too (french bread, dinner rolls etc)

i couldn't tell you how what i do differs from those companies because i never worked for them, and no. it's not sara lee.

the vast majority of our business is restaurants and restaurant chains. some stuff goes to grocery stores or convenience stores.

basically, if you eat in chicago at a diner or restaurant, get a hotdog or a beef sandwich or a hamburger or whatever there's pretty much a 1 in 3 chance my company made it.
>>
>>7545257
Are you the only delivery guy for the entire company? Why the fuck are you pretending its a great secret
>>
>>7545260
why do you care so much?
>>
>>7545257
Oh. Okay. Cool beans. Also, apologies if it sounded like I was harshing on you about it. I reread my posts and it kinda sounded like that to me.

>>7545260
Considering he was talking about routes and other drivers, it's safe to say two things:
1) there are other delivery people
2) you're retarded.

>>7545269
Because nobody loves him and he has no friends.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.