[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coffee pods. >I finished working for nespresso a couple years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Nespresso-Inissia-2015.png (132 KB, 420x317) Image search: [Google]
Nespresso-Inissia-2015.png
132 KB, 420x317
Coffee pods.
>I finished working for nespresso a couple years ago and the stash of pods i stole has finally run out. I do occasionally go to their stores to replenish my favourites
however
>I am looking in australian supermarkets for compatible caps that actually taste nice, any recommendations?

my favourite nespresso pods are as follows:
1 bukeela lungo
2 ristretto
3 indriya
4 fortissio
5 dulsao
>>
I don't know, dude. There's only one store in my whole part of the province that even sells nespresso pods, and theyre all the same kind. Some yellow and white box, idk the name.
>>
File: 1459400279717.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1459400279717.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>7543499
Coffee pods are one of the biggest fucking coffee memes in existence.

Just get a drip machine, you massive faggot.
>>
>>7543536
pods are fucking convenient anon. my mum bought me a nespresso machine, i wouldn't have bought one myself but now i have it i definitely enjoy the easiness of it all.
>>
>>7543536
i got my machine free from the company, im going to go ahead and continue to use it.

>using the word meme ever. you massive faggot
>>
File: ninja.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ninja.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
I wonder if they have BULLETPROOF pods.
>>
>>7543499
>>7543580
>>7543584
go drown in a lake of Diet Coke, fucker
>>
>>7543499
I'm surprised arpeggio isn't on your list. It seems to typically be the favorite of people who like the stronger blends.
>>
>>7543499
Dolce gusto pods are good
>>
Pods are trash.

Who are you quoting?

Die. Super die, faggot.
>>
>>7543536
>>7546468
Keurig is flavored water tasting trash.
Nespresso is consistently good espresso made in less than 60 seconds.

>>7543499
Kazaar & Ristretto for straight espresso
Rosabaya & Dulsao for cappucino and latte drinks
Burkeela & Vivalto for the lungo cup
And I'm not usually a fan of flavored shit, but the limited time vanilla cardamom they had over the holidays was pretty damn tasty. My local store just ran out of those sleeves and I'm regretting not grabbing a few extra while they were around.
>>
>>7543499
>Get rid of your world-destroying shit-coffee making crap
>Buy an actual espresso machine
>...
>Profit
>>
>>7546558
>world-destroying
Nespresso supports sustainable coffee growers all over the world and pays them premium prices. They also give you shippable recycling bags for the used pods that are already addressed and stamped for shipment back to nespresso. All you have to do is leave the bag for the postman to pick up. If people aren't recycling their shit it's not nespresso's fault. They are literally doing everything they can to make it convenient.
>shit coffee
Matter of taste. I enjoy it. At least one third of all Michelin starred restaurants use nespresso machines in their restaurants. I'm not saying that means it's "world-class" espresso by any means, but I am saying that means it tastes good to people who have discerning palates.
>buy an actual espresso machine
All I have to do is roll out of bed, stumble to the kitchen half-awake, pop a pod in the machine, and I have good espresso in 60 seconds. I'm sorry, man. Any minuscule increase in quality I'd be getting would be offset by the loss in convenience, consistent results, and time saved.
>>
>>7546468
>>7544233
Shit I'm embarrassed for you. Take your virgin fury back to /b.
It should go without saying that this is a food and cooking board, not a place for retards to bitch and whine
>>
>>7543499
Haven't tried them myself, but you can buy empty pods and fill them yourself.

Personally I just order a bunch at a time online from their site.
>>
>>7546592
>They are literally doing everything they can to make it convenient.

But that literally IS the problem with all this waste. Think about all the extra work involved with making the stupid pods in the first place, then the extra effort required to ship them back. Recycling them is certainly better than just tossing them in a landfill, but why even make the pods in the first place?
>>
>>7547876
>why even make the pods in the first place?
I mean the obvious answer is convenience, consistency of product, and freshness.

look I know what you're saying, but at this point the cat is out of the bag with the pod-coffee business model. It's here to stay like it or not. At least nespresso is doing what they can.
On the plus side - pod machines are more efficient with electricity than your standard drip machine that wastes electricity by keeping a whole pot of coffee hot. Also they're supposedly more efficient with water as well since you're only doing a single serving of coffee and not having to throw away leftover stale coffee.
>>
>>7547960
>On the plus side - pod machines are more efficient with electricity...

What about the energy required to manufacture the return shipping label & packaging? What about the energy required to recycle it? What about the waste generated by that process, and the energy required to move and dispose of it?
>>
>>7546592
Fuck off, corporate apologist. Nestle is a horrible company and doesn't give a shit about the environment, if they did, their caps would be biodegradable. Trying literally everything they can my ass.
>>
>>7543536
Why get a machine and not just a cafetiere
>>
>>7546592
Nestle are a cancer company, Are you too young to remember the Nestlé baby milk scandal
>>
>>7547975
Yeah that's a cool point and all, except I don't have to pay for that electricity. At least not directly.
>>7548074
>corporate apologist
nice ad hominem, homie
> Nestle is a horrible company and doesn't give a shit about the environment, if they did, their caps would be biodegradable.
also nice straw man.
Seriously though, if they didn't give a shit about the environment, then they wouldn't be recycling the pods. I can already predict your fucking "greenwashing" response so save it. Yeah I get it, man. You drive a Prius. It's cool.
>>7548098
Why should I care about a baby milk scandal that's apparently decades old? The fucking machine they produce (in this decade) and the pods that go along with it make my life so much more convenient, saving me time and money.

Look I'm not interested in politicizing my morning coffee routine with environmental ethics, corporate policies and scandals, and whatever the fuck else my convenience is costing me behind the scenes... in just the same way I don't really give a shit about how my iPhone is made or where the rubber in my tires came from or whatever else I'm a consumer of. If I got caught up in the minutiae of this shit I wouldn't buy anything or get anything done without doing tons of research first.
All that being said - if Nestle is breaking laws, well that's shitty and I hope they get punished.
>>
>>7548964
>I don't have to pay for that electricity

We're not talking about the cost that YOU have to pay. We're talking about the energy cost & enviornmental impact in general.

And actually you do have to pay it: it's built into the cost of the pods. All that extra shit is part of the reason they cost so much more than bulk coffee.
>>
>>7548974
Yeah but why should I care about the environmental impact in general? I'm recycling these pods. The postman is coming by my house anyway. He's not making a special trip just for the bag of pods. The environmental impact is negligible.

And at 70 cents per shot of espresso, it's costing me less than an average coffee shop.
And if you're comparing it to making scratch espresso from a cold machine - that's anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes (based on the machine and personal routine) for the home barista + cost of coffee. That extra 4 to 9 minutes of my time and attention is worth more than whatever savings I'd be getting from doing it myself with bulk coffee.

Look at it this way - "energy" is required to make espresso. Either I can be the one expending the energy myself, or I can outsource that energy to a corporation. I'm opting to outsource that energy and I feel like I'm getting the better end of the deal.
>>
>>7549053
>Yeah but why should I care about the environmental impact in general?

It's relevant in the context of someone's claim that the "company is doing all that they can".
>>
>>7543499
How about fresh whole beans and a french press.
>>
>>7549078
"company is doing all that they can"... you're quoting me out of context, I think.
I was saying they were doing everything within their power to make it convenient for their consumers to recycle the pods.
My full quote in context is as follows: "They also give you shippable recycling bags for the used pods that are already addressed and stamped for shipment back to nespresso. All you have to do is leave the bag for the postman to pick up. If people aren't recycling their shit it's not nespresso's fault. They are literally doing everything they can to make it convenient."
>>
>>7549093
Does it taste as nice as coffee that's been pressurised? I'm curious, I've never had it.
>>
>>7549987
No, the machines are cheap shitty gimmicks that those who buy attempt to justify their sheer lazyness by bullshitting about it.
>>
>>7550952
I think you were responding to someone asking about French press, not pod machines.
Yeah the nespresso machine is cheap and gimmicky. And yeah they are great for those of us who are lazy, but the espresso that the machine produces is anything but shitty. It's good. I'm not claiming it's excellent or as good as the best shot a good barista can pull, but I don't think anyone buying the machines is expecting that. However I do feel like people who haven't actually tried a nespresso shot would underestimate the quality. K-cup watery coffee gives decent pod machines a bad name.
>>
>>7551185
Ah my apologies, I did indeed get mixed up.
>>
>>7543499
Did u work at that shitty one in chatswood? I often saw some dude in uniform slipping pods into his bag at lte hours at the nescafe shop there
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.