[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pizza/cheap delivery food thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: pizza.jpg (21 KB, 438x326) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
21 KB, 438x326
Whats up /ck/

I'm a struggling college student that isn't going to get paid until the weekend and I've only got around $10 to my name. There's not to much around me that isn't expensive (there's an iHop, but that's kinda costy) and I don't have a car at the moment.

Does anyone know any coupon codes or w/e that I can use to significantly reduce the price of something I can get delivered like pizza? Any thing helps.
>>
Go get a big bag of rice and some veggies
>>
Buy a bunch of frozen dumplings senpai. You can get s box of 20 for like $3
>>
>>7543304
Where could I get those? There's not a walmart or target in walking distance
>>
>>7543298

$10 will buy you shit to make pancakes, oats, rice and beans for like 2-3 weeks

or you can buy a pizza and it will last a day
>>
>>7543309
Any grocery or Asian market with a freezer aisle.
>>
>>7543298
Where are you at /anon/? Don't need specifics, just country.
>>
>>7543309
You got any friends or family members you could bum a ride from? Seriously, you can stretch out that 10 bucks a lot more if you go to the grocery store, unless you're ok to stretch that one pizza (which will probably have to be a small because you can't get anything good for 10 dollars, especially with delivery) for the next three days
>>
>>7543309
You could also make soup guy. It'll last you till the weekend.
>>
>>7543304
Aww shit. Cook up some rice, quick stir fry some choy or spinach (preferably with all the fixins), then steam some dumplings/potstickers/stuffed bao. Takes 30 minutes yet creates a fucking awesome meal.

It makes me miss my visits to Macau where you could order delivery to your apartment of rice, choy, and three potstickers for two bucks. Combine some soy sauce with a dash of seasme oil, some sriracha or sambal, maybe green onion if you want to get fancy. Simple, cheap, delicious.
>>
>>7543318
Honestly I'm fine burning the $10 for a pizza. I can same it and eat it off and on throughout the week.
>>7543320
I'm living on campus with the only food in my dorm being a handful of goldfish. If I has soup, I totally would. Tomato soup is the best.
>>7543315
That's not really anything around me
>>7543317
I live in the US.
>>
>>7543330
If you can get a few extra bux, pizza hut has a pretty calorie dense lunch pizza box for $10. It's pizza hut though, but beggars can't be choosers. Alternatively, but a bunch of frozen pizzas on the cheap and cook them yourself.
>>
>>7543330
Shit man... What kinda college do you go to? Are there no stores or delis around you?
>>
>>7543330
Just buy a bag of rice, oatmeal, potatoes, and a large carton of eggs. Preferably borrow a membership card to a warehouse store like costco or sam's club. Hopefully you have oils and spices.
>>
>>7543341
Fucking UNT. Denton is a shithole.
There's not really anything nearby in walking distance whatsoever except an iHop. There used to be a McDonalds, but that got torn down.
>>
>>7543298
if you have a costco nearby, that's ideal. biggest and most filling pie you can get for $10. tastes decent too.
>>
>>7543348
That blows dude. You can't ask a friend or a family member to hitch a ride like prev anon said?
>>
>>7543362
None of my relatives live near me. Most of them are out of state.

>>7543351
There isn't a cosco near me, sadly. :c
>>
File: 1.jpg (19 KB, 440x290) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
19 KB, 440x290
>>7543298
Dude just use yelp to find cheap food places near you, or google "cheap food places near me"
>>
>>7543348
Go to El Pratiente or Big D, both 1 mile walking distance. I'm sure they have staples.
>>
>>7543372
>El Pratiente
Just checked both Big D and El Pariente on yelp, and they both close at midnight (in 8 minutes). :c
>>
>>7543380

enjoy your goldfish faggot. its midnight anyways just go to bed and dream of food and the poor life choices that left you with $10
>>
>>7543380
It's midnight, go to bed. Go there after class tomorrow (or before depending on your schedule).

What am I, your mom?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.