[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the stew real? And what are the right combination of spices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: dsvdiqB.jpg (178 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
dsvdiqB.jpg
178 KB, 960x717
Is the stew real? And what are the right combination of spices?
>Prawns
Do Americans even know what this word means?
>>
Do you know what a prawn is? You do? Good for you, Im American and I know what a prawn is. It's nice being a douche now ain't it?
>>
It's like a type of shrimp isn't it?
>>
>>7543170

You mean shrimp?
>>
File: 29583088.png (306 KB, 427x480) Image search: [Google]
29583088.png
306 KB, 427x480
>do americans
This is getting obsessive
>>
File: district-9-mnu1-740x493.jpg (27 KB, 740x493) Image search: [Google]
district-9-mnu1-740x493.jpg
27 KB, 740x493
Fucking prawns.
>>
>>7543191
>>7543199
>>7543206
Well I'll give you a pass on the easy one, now what's the stew called?
>>
>>7543170
In the US a prawn usually refers to a specific type of freshwater shrimp, but it's not very widespread so most just associate it with shrimp
>>
>>7543224
It's called a joke. The intention is to evoke the image of cheap slop used to keep POWs alive on a budget.
>>
In all seriousness does Eurabia ever spare a moment to think of anything other than America? I've never encountered such an obsession. As far as I can tell every Frog, Limey, Gerry, etc spends 24/7 obsessing over the thoughts and culture of the American Empire, I mean, I know you guys don't have a lot going on right now with all those brown cocks in your wives, but ffs get a hobby
>>
>>7543219
The american bait was for free bumps. Seems to have worked but still no input on the stew.
>>7543231
No shit. I was wondering if the joke had some basis in reality though.
>>
>>7543231
n...no, that isn't right, man
>>
File: 1458453106666.jpg (297 KB, 899x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458453106666.jpg
297 KB, 899x1000
>>7543224
Vietnamese seafood stew, no real name unless you want to look up knock off moon runes. Indigenous fish, vegetables, shellfish, and coconut milk (another abundant ingredient) which would probably more traditional, and thus not widespread enough in the US to have an Americanized name.

Also, although I know this is a general thread in prisoner stockholm syndrome stories, I'm drawing a blank on if it was ever in a Vietnam movie. I'm remembering Old Boy, where "they just couldn't get the scallions right."
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.