[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my eggs /ck/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160405_212149.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_212149.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
Rate my eggs /ck/
>>
>>7542925
Why did you put the salt on after?
>>
>>7542930
You're supposed to. Salting it early denatures the protein and causes a rubbery texture, similar to being overcooked. Do you even watch Ramsay?
>>
But then you just overcooked them anyway.
>>
>>7542930
I forgot
>>
>>7542934
Scrambling/cooking the eggs also denatures the protein. If you are worried about that you should just eat whole raw eggs
>>
Just ate them. taste was a solid 8/10, especially with the leftover bacon I put in.
>>
>>7542934
You're taking advice from a man who thinks it matters what side of the aluminium foil you use. I wouldn't blindly believe everything he says.

There are also people who claim it's better to salt before:
http://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/33372/does-adding-salt-before-cooking-toughen-scrambled-eggs

I'm still not convinced it makes any sort of difference, it just seems easier to salt before.
>>
>>7542940
You want to leave it as late as possible. Ramsay also mentioned not to scramble in a bowl, scramble when it is in the pan. Do you even on the heat off the heat?
>>
>>7542925
Ruined, they're overcooked and ducking dry. Put these in the trash and do it again, moron.
>>
Ramsaydrones are the worst.
>>
>>7542945
A good compromise would be to throw in large flake salt 30~60 secs before the eggs are done. Not too early as to turn the egg into water, and not too late as to end up with flavorless shit with salt specks on top.

>>7542946
>muh la crème fraîche de la bite
Spastically taking the pan on and off a burner that's set too high isn't exactly the best way to go about it, m8.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.