[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to eat bacon but the last time I made some there was like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: bacon.jpg (304 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
304 KB, 1600x900
I want to eat bacon but the last time I made some there was like a litre of grease at the end and it was overall fucking messy.

What kind should I buy/stay away from?
How should I cook it?
What can I do with the cooking grease/remains?
>>
Cook it in the oven on a tray on tinfoil way less messy, buy thick cut stay away meme cut
>>
Preheat oven to appropriate temperature for your thickness of bacon

Line baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil

Fold up edges in such a way that the foil will capture all the grease

Put bacon on foiled pan, cook until done to your preference

Pull out bacon and drain on paper towels

Eat bacon

Return to kitchen after grease has cooled and roll up aluminum foil

Throw that shit away
Alternatively, you can pour out the grease into a vessel for future use if you have the inclination to do so
>>
>>7542612
Bacon is a fucking mess, you have to just deal with it.

Like the other anons said, thick cut in the oven.

Use that beautiful bacon grease to make fried eggs.
Best breakfast
>>
>>7542612
Put that shit in the microwave wrapped in paper towels for 30sec-1min (depending on your microwave. Crispy bacon, throw out the paper towel, thank me later plebs.
>>
>>7542646
>>7542659
will do that

as for the grease storing, how long does it last in the refrigerator? What is it good to cook with other than eggs?
>>
>>7542668

>microwave
>plebs

choose two
>>
>>7542670
Fish, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, vegetables...

Melt it again, toss it over cubed potatos, and roast them good, possibly with chunks of onion and halved garlic cloves.
>>
>>7542668
This works, but makes your bacon kinda floppy and disintegrate in your mouth. Also gives a weird taste
>>
>>7542702
omg potatoes with onions would be fantastic
>>
Oven at 420 for about 10 or so minutes. Eyeball it for desired crispness. Use that grease to make some fuggin gravy or just drink it
>>
I prefer to soak the grease up with a good bread and eat it while it's still warm.
>>
I buy the precooked bacon from costco and just heat it up in the microwave. Takes like 45 seconds.
I used to cook a bunch of bacon one day of the week and reheat it. Its so much better than waiting 20ish minutes for it to cook in the oven.
>>
>bacon
>oven
am i getting memed on?
>>
>>7543037
No. It's generally regarded as a better cooking method. Try it and decide for yourself.
>>
>>7542612
That grease is cooking gold. Put the bacon on folded paper towel on a plate, then put folded paper towel on top and press down. Get a glass jar, rubber band, and paper towel. Filter fat through the paper towel into the jar fastening with the rubber band. Eat bacon. Cook with the grease.

Wa La!
>>
>>7543037

If you prefer grease everywhere and tons of smoke, the stove is better. If not, oven shits all over stove top bacon
>>
>heterocyclic amines
>polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
>>
>>7543195
how long can I keep it in the jar?
>>
>>7543235
months in the refrigerator. you'll know when to throw it out.
>>
>>7542612
Is bacon grease recommended to use to cook beef Fillet Mignon since the meat itself has no fat and little taste on its own?
>>
>>7543235
Pretty much indefinitely if you actually cook. Either you use the old up, or the new grease seals off the old. Have had the same mason jar in the fridge for years and have never noticed any rancidity, let alone visible discoloration.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.