[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post healthy/clean/high protein recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 259x194
I've been making a genuine effort to eat healthier and make my own meals. It's going well in terms of my resolve but I don't know much about food or cooking and I'm getting REALLY FUCKING SICK of chicken breast/rice/broccoli/water every goddamn night. I pretty much only eat that or wheat pasta/ground turkey meat sauce.

Any healthy/high protein dinner recipes you'd like to reccomend? It'd really help me out.
>>
Have you considered red meat?
>>
High protein isn't healthy. It should be less than 20% of calories and so should fat.
>>
File: croose.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
croose.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>meat

>healthy
>clean
>>
>>7542319
Rice isn't healthy, it's full of arsenic and will give you cancer.
Chicken is bullshit and way too expensive. Buy salmon instead, the price per calorie is similar because of the fat.
Get an eggplant and bake it, it tastes like something unhealthy despite being a regular vegetable
Get buckwheat instead of rice, it's high in protein, protein profile is one of the best of all grains.
>>
>>7542336

DYEL confirmed

OP, baked salmon drizzled with olive oil, lemon juice and salt + pepper is awesome and really fucking good for you
>>
>>7542353
Lifting too much isn't healthy. It should be less than 20% of your identity.
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
File: 1459446849416.jpg (388 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459446849416.jpg
388 KB, 1600x1200
Damn, sure is samefag in here.

I eat about 5lbs of chicken, 4 cups of brown rice, and two bags of frozen broccoli a week. Throw half the chopped up chicken in a slow cooker with half a diced onion and a 21oz can of cream of mushroom soup and cook until done. Steam the broccoli and cook the rice and throw those in a different big ass container then combine into a bowl when you want to eat.

It's a really easy way to cook/eat chicken I spend like 30$ a week on food now and for the price/effort with almost no cleanup its very palatable.

I'm sure something that pleb will buttfluster the fuck outta /ck/. Brace yourself for more shitposting OP.
>>
>>7542346
Cruz eats meat you fuck. Don't try and use him to shame me. Should've posted a Diaz.

>>7542350
I didn't know that. I'll look into buckwheat.

>>7542353
I know I fucking suck, but I don't like fish. :-/ should've mentioned in OP.

>>7542322
Yeah, I used to be a burger/steak every night guy so I'm just trying to mix it up.
>>
File: 1407235997385.jpg (192 KB, 985x990) Image search: [Google]
1407235997385.jpg
192 KB, 985x990
>>7542374
Come on anon, that's like 90s housewife cooking.
>>
>>7542374
This is the exact type of reply I was looking for. Thank you.

And yeah I posted almost the exact same thread on /ck/ but then realized it'd probably do better here.

Maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, thanks anon. Looks delicious.

And yeah the samefagging shilling veganism is disgusting. Happy for you if you don't eat animal products and would never try to convince you otherwise, but don't shove your cult down my throat
>>
>>7542374

>i'm from /fit/ and can really cook guise, trust me
>here's a pic from my cheat day

>very palatable

If that's the standard you're using for the food you put in your body then your priorities are in the wrong place.
>>
>>7542390
Goddamnit this is /ck/ I was gonna repost on /fit/ and I thought this was that thread.

I need to quit drinking
>>
>>7542392
At least he added to thread.

Any recipes you wanna give me or ya just gonna be a waste of life troll?
>>
>>7542361

eh, i'd estimate about 15% of my sense of self revolves around lifting. it's way better than therapy though.
>>
>>7542319

Learn to season your food or add some sauces.
Mix and mach:
Carb - baked potato/sweetpotato, corn tortillas, rice, beans, pasta, winter squash
Protein - chicken breast/thigh, turkey burger/sausage, lean beef steak/meatballs/burger, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese
Veg - broccoli/carrot/cabbage/salad/ basically anything

chili topped baked potatoes
fish tacos with cabbage/onion/ hell even coleslaw side of rice and/or beans
meatballs with chimichuri rice and asparagus/broccoli
baked/grilled chicken or fish with salad use cottage cheese as dressing
eggwhite crust breakfast pizza's
>>
>>7542392
Actually just a pic of a tasty taco from here.

Definitely called the butthurt though, it makes me happy.

You were right about one thing im literally otw to the gym. Enjoy the rest of your day fatfuck.
>>
>>7542412
OP here. Have a good day at the gym bud.

>>7542409
Solid advice, thanks.
>>
>>7542401

>waste of life troll

This exact thread is started by /fit/ fags virtually every single day, who "read the sticky" and realized brown rice, frozen broccoli, and boiled chicken breast is disgusting.

Maybe ask /fit/, who only care about their macros being palatable, or lurk for a day before starting the same thread ad nauseam.
>>
>>7542424
Nah I'm good. Not everyone take the Internet as seriously as you. If they don't like a thread they just move on rather than intentionally shitting it up.

Probably has something to do with your low self-esteem. You should work on that.
>>
>>7542447

>calls someone who calls them out a troll
>still engages them

Sounds like you're the one in need of a self-esteem boost.
>>
>>7542460
Yeah I wouldn't rule it out.

It'd just make more sense to ignore a thread and let it die rather then to bump it with a post that's not even attempting to be helpful.
>>
Cut out carbs for me about 2 weeks ago replacements I've done:
Ruttabega fries;
Lettuce wraps instead of tortillas;
Lots of salads;
Bacon as a side;
A lot of coconut
>>
>>7542481
Lettuce wraps. Can't believe I forgot about those. Thanks
>>
Don't know anybody said eggs yet but they are good cheap and you can do em a hundred different ways
>>
>>7542481
Why cut out carbs? I always felt like goddamn shit doing that.

>>7542490
Yeah frozen breakfast burritos are nice for people that don't have time to cook every morning.
>>
>>7542640
Haven't tried it myself but some people say it gives them more energy and they feel better.

Whatever works for you man, everyone is different.
>>
>>7542336
Why "should" protein be less than 20% of calories? Why "should" fat be less than 20% of calorie consumption?

Do you really believe that? Are you an aging baby boomer? Or are you just reading nutrition literature aimed at laypeople from the 70s?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.