[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is /ck/ opinion on a boiled hot dog? Do you think Dirty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: SDC11384.jpg (163 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
SDC11384.jpg
163 KB, 1600x1200
what is /ck/ opinion on a boiled hot dog? Do you think Dirty Harry would of approved?
>>
>>7542270
With casings I'd say grill or pan fry, without it's boiled all the way.
>>
>>7542266
Most hotdogs don't have the casings to give it a satisfying crunch so it really doesn't matter. With the casings, deep frying is the best.
>>
if its boiled in brine its ok.
>>
I always prefer them grilled or pan fried, regardless of the casing. Boiling them dilutes the flavor a bit.
>>
File: r.jpg (150 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
150 KB, 500x282
what kind of hot dog has a casing 'tighter than dickskin'?
>>
Unless I'm able to grill, I always boil my hot dogs. Cooking them in the microwave is just nasty as fuck to me. When you boil them they get really moist and juicy and gain a nice color.
>>
As a kid, hotdogs always made me gag, and I've vegan since.
>>
>>7542318
Life must suck. And I'm not even talking about meat. Just other shit that made/uses animal stuff
>>
Hot dogs I like boiled. Grilling or frying them or anything else is fucking stupid. They're made to be boiled. The only exception I make is for people who like to put them on a stick and roast em over a fire. I'm not into it, but it's fine by me. I love a boiled dog.

Now, actual sausages are different. I like to boil them in something (sauteed garlic and onions and beer, for example) and then grill, broil or fry them. Sometimes I'll just eat them boiled, though.

I've noticed that some people have an aversion to boiled hot dogs, and even boiled sausages. Some people seem to think it's dirty, or that boiling removes flavour. This upsets me.
>>
File: no real vegans.png (84 KB, 450x380) Image search: [Google]
no real vegans.png
84 KB, 450x380
>>7542354
yeah
>>
>would of
>>
>>7542318

>i never liked the hotdogs at my friends' birthday parties so i swore off all animal products

Typical vegan logic.
>>
Cooked in a pan with just a drop of oil is the only way to cook hot dogs if you care about flavor.

A dirty water hot dog you can buy on the street or at a ball game is fine as its own sort of thing. And all charred and grilled at a cookout is sort of its own thing too, mostly sort of nostalgia.

But 'fried' is the only way I will cook them at home.
>>
>>7542266
Boiled in water, then grilled or cooked in an iron skillet
>>
>>7542425
uh did they just put the names of any old every day items under each category?

>bones
>refined sugar

how hard up on beets/cane do you have to be to make sugar from bone
>>
>>7542312
I started just putting them on a piece of tin foil in the oven. Its kinda like grilling em. Fried on a pan is the way to go
>>
>i only grill muh dogs
>i only boil muh dogs in muh brine for 13 1/2 minutes

I guarantee that all of you microwave your dogs at least 90% of the time. At least 90%. Boiling a hot dog doesn't make it not junk food and it doesn't affect the flavor as much as the texture. Charring it over a flame doesn't change the fact that it's a fucking hot dog. If there's a situation where hot dogs are for dinner, it's either July 4th or you're having a simple social gathering where no one is really there for the food anyway. Hot dogs are pizza roll tier. If I'm in the mood for hot dogs, it means I'm not in the mood to put any effort into my meal. Just heat the sumbitch any way you can.
>>
File: 1439449984309.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1439449984309.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
I figured out the greatest way to cook them is to wrap them up in tin foil and microwave it for 45 seconds, it gets a really nice sear and tastes exactly like it was grilled.
>>
>>7542280
This
When its not outside on the grill, I will pan fry natural casing dogs, cheap dogs get boiled
>>
>>7542535
hurr durr I don't know metal is not supposed to go in the microwave
>>
>>7542529
Boiling doesnt take any effort, its fast, and it legit makes them taste better.

>i am usually microwaving canned chili/coney sauce while my hot dogs are boiling.
>>
>>7542558
Wrap a wet paper towel around anything with foil, will allow you to microwave said item.
>>
>>7542558
You can microwave foil, just not gold
>>
File: 1437717219449.jpg (26 KB, 820x574) Image search: [Google]
1437717219449.jpg
26 KB, 820x574
>>7542558
>being this completely retarded
>>
>>7542266
boiling is always wrong. microwave before I boil a dog.
>>
Do you guys not differentiate "hot dogs" from "sausages"? A hot dog is a caseless, overly processed sausage, to me. I love them, but they're not the same as a proper sausage. Just boil them.
>>
>>7542266
Boiled or steamed. Never liked fried for some reason. Unsure about deep fried. Not a lot of places around here do it that way.
>>
>>7542520
Cane sugar is often filtered through bone char. Most sugar in the U.S. is beet which is never filtered that way. I generally eat neither.
>>
>>7542737
interesting. learned something new today
>>
>>7542561
>not heating your coney sauce and dogs in the same pot

You must enjoy doing dishes.
>>
>>7542318
That's because you have to chew them, faggot
>>
See, now I've never heard of doing dogs in a pan.

Can somebody explain a bit more/give ways they do it?
>>
>>7543494
Heat pan to medium high. Put in dogs and heat through.
>>
>>7543494
>>7543497
I slice mine in half (long way), and use some butter in the pan.
>>
Hold up, people microwave hot dogs?
>>
>>7543544
Y-yes
>>
>>7542266
It's the only way. If I was going to fry, I'd get a real sausage.
>>
Fry them in a fucking pan you dipshits
>>
Best Brands.

Sausages and cased and uncased and the like
>>
My Aunt (she died about ten years ago in her 30's of a heart attack after becoming an alcoholic fat ass, bless her heart) use to brag to my brother and I that she once worked at a hot dog stand and knew the best way to make hot dogs. So one day she is baby sitting us and says it's time to learn about real hot dogs. She put about a stick of butter in a frying pan, put it on the stove top and turned it to high. Once the butter was almost black and on fire and smoking she butterflied 6 hot dogs and spread them open and laid them down flat in the burned butter on high. After about 10 minutes she flipped them and waited about 10 more minutes. Then she got out 6 pieces of white bread that was almost too stale to eat and placed one on each piece of bread and squirted ketchup all over them and handed them to us on a plate. She said that is how real hot dog chefs do it and she was one of the best our town has ever seen. To this day I cannot touch hot dogs. It was one of the most vile things I have ever been forced to eat in my life when done how she done did it. Guess I should be glad she didn't try making a hot dog gravy with the remnants in the frying pan. I'm 38 now and haven't had a hot dog since that fateful day 30 years ago. The moral is..don't fry a butterflied hot dog in half a cup of burned scorched butter and dump ketchup on it. It does not taste good.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.