[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any healthy flavours? I can't eat plain oatmeal,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: DSC_0785.jpg (322 KB, 2217x1468) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0785.jpg
322 KB, 2217x1468
Are there any healthy flavours? I can't eat plain oatmeal, it just depresses me and it tastes like nothing, but I also don't want to put sugar and/or fruit in it all the time.

I've tried peanut butter and it's pretty okay, but I eat enough peanut butter as it is in sandwiches.

I feel like all that's left is dinner-flavoured "risotto" style oatmeal like mushrooms and such. But I don't know, that's not very morning food.
>>
mustard
>>
>>7541606
Just put some sugar and cream on it and grow it up

Oatmeal isn't really healthy or not, and a spoonful of sugar and cream isn't going to kill you.
>>
>>7541606
try cinnamon and/or nutmeg
>>
Why no fruit? I like freeze dried strawberries in mine. Sometimes a dab of PB
>>
>>7541606
I eat oatmeal every morning with hot sauce. Sometimes for a change I'll put a bunch of crushed red pepper flakes or if I have fresh serrano, habenero, fresno etc. I'll throw a few sliced peppers on top of my 'meal. I'm not even memeing, been doing this for 9 or 10 years.
>>
>>7541606
Vanilla, cinnamon, stevia, walnuts and a little chopped apple
>>
>>7541606
Toasted walnuts and cinnamon make oatmeal fucking delicious. Try that.
>>
An egg, Raisins, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, brown suger. Milk instead of water. I prepack these and eat one ereday.
>>
>>7541606
>Are there any healthy flavours?
What kind of fucking question is that? Who starts off like that? Go fuck yourself, dude.
>>
>>7541653
>What kind of fucking question is that?

How is this not obvious? He wants something to add to his oatmeal to flavor it, and he wants that something to be healthy.
>>
File: 123.png (106 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
123.png
106 KB, 922x882
use honey or fruit. Sugar isn't entirely bad if you aren't addicted to the processed garbage and exercise often.
>>
use artificial sweetener. pinto beans are also very tasty with spices on them.
>>
>>7541606
Are you one of those people who only eat oatmeal because "Muh healthy food"?
>>
there was a chopped episode with oatmeal
or maybe it was iron chef
watch that for ideas
>>
>>7541733
Are you asking if I exclusively eat oatmeal, or the only reason I eat oatmeal is because it's "healthy"?
>>
>>7541750
Both
>>
>>7541606
I put some water kefir in mine. In a few minutes it becomes tender as if it was cooked.
>>
>>7541616
>just grow up and slather your food with added sugar
t. dumb retard
>>
>>7541606
Mixed Ground Spice
Makes it taste like egg custard
>>
>>7541863
What does egg custard taste like? Also which spice?
>>
>>7541606
You could make oatmeal pancakes. Or a smoothie.
>>
>>7541868
1 Tbs ground allspice
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1 Tbs ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground mace
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground Ginger
Pinch of all that combined
Egg custard tastes like a sweet spiced pudding
You should make it/ have Egg Custard Tarts
>>
Blueberries, raspberries, other berries - very little sugar on their own but taste good anyway

Nutmeg doesn't stand alone as a flavour but does miracles complimenting others.

But let's face it, I use a fair bit of sugar too because I'm addicted.

Vanilla extract is good too.
>>
>>7541606
Almond extract
>>
Honey
>>
I steep one cinn stick per 2 cups of water for 20 mins, the night before usually to save time. Then use the cinn water for the oatmeal, if I want sweet then I add raisins, very tasty.
>>
>>7541606
Just add frozen berries. Nearly to no calls per portion (it's around 50kcal/100g and your only need about 25g per half cup of oats). It cools the oats nicely and enhances flavor and texture!

It's also dirt cheap and available throughout the whole year.
>>
mix an egg in. improves the texture so much and adds protein.

i like to saute mushrooms and onions and add them in to my oats + egg mixture for a nice savory breakfast. otherwise, try PB and a banana and a little bit of brown sugar.
>>
>>7541606
Just use one of those Zero calorie artificial sweeteners.
>>
Cinnamon and nuts, a tiny bit of cayenne, nutmeg.

A little honey isn't going to hurt you, just don't go insane.
>>
maple syrup
>>
>>7542428
i don't think maple syrup qualifies as healthy
>>
>>7542437

what's healthy is moderation of all things, maybe with the exception of arsenic
>>
>boil 1 cup milk
>add 1/2 cup oats as well as banana slices
>top with cinnamon

my personal go-to for oatmeal
>>
>>7541683
Honey is no healthier than other sugar isolates. Any kind of fruit is good.

Oatmeal is a good place to put your daily serving of nuts.
>>
>>7542451
not really. that's just less unhealthy than no moderation. your body doesn't want or need maple syrup.
>>
>>7542451
How moderate do you want your diabetes, amputation, and blindness?

Sugar isolates are are extreme foods our species is not well adapted to digesting, so any is a deviation from moderation.
>>
>>7541617
this shit I also put in vanilla
>>
>>7542483
>can't eat some maple syrup without risking getting his limbs cutoff

I think you have bigger problems m8
>>
>>7541606
I eat it with an egg and hot sauce on top. Delicious.
>>
>>7541606
It's probably best to stay away from them, anyway. They have a massive fiber content.
>>
File: 1442104823230.png (369 KB, 554x636) Image search: [Google]
1442104823230.png
369 KB, 554x636
>>7541701
>artificial sweetener
>>
a spoon of brown sugar and a splash of whiskey

Not bad, if I do say so myself.
>>
Beef Stew.
>>
Instant coffee
>>
File: steve.jpg (17 KB, 484x310) Image search: [Google]
steve.jpg
17 KB, 484x310
>>7546374
There's natural non-nutritive sweeteners.

What is the problem with artificial sweeteners though?
>>
>>7541606
try steel cut oatmeal with some dried cranberries
>>
Fresh vanilla pod or vanilla extract? If the latter, how much extract per portion of porridge?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.