[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wine time favorite varietals/vintages? whats your favorite value
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
wine time
favorite varietals/vintages?
whats your favorite value wine (under $30)
>>
I don't really have a favorite. Tonight I'm drinking some no-name Portuguese white blend that cost $8, it's totally fine. Before that was a bottle of marques de riscal rioja that cost $13. Before that was some oregon merlot that cost $25, the name escapes me at the moment. Before that was a $12 bottle of sherry, then before that was a $17 bottle of brachetto.

$30 is about as expensive as I get too.

I've never had that fat bastard but it looks sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>7539790
Fat bastard is awful. it's a wine that i found at 711. i just think the names funny. i've been into sauv blancs lately. i got this chambourcin from a winery in VA for $16. its incredible
>>
>>7539774
For any wine drinkers that don't wanna spend a shit ton of money I suggest buying anything made by Anderra. The Rothchilds, a really nice French chateau, make it and know their shit. The Carmenere is fucking great, drank a bottle of it last night and many times before.
>>
I like Rieslings a lot but don't really know where to expand next. I don't drink a lot of wine.
>>
>>7539800
This is a decent tip, I've had pretty good luck with the wines put out by the French operations in Chile and Northern California.
>>7539841
Why not just drink more riesling? It's one of those grapes that can do so much. If you're bored of whatever style you've been drinking, try riesling from another region made in a different way.

Also where is that guy who says that buzzfeed told him trockenbeerenauslese rieslings taste exactly the same as aussie shiraz and anyone who disagrees is putting on airs. Wine threads aren't really wine threads without him.
>>
>>7539884
Most of the liquor stores near me have like 3 bottles of Riesling, I didn't think it was a big style
>>
>>7539892
Yeah I sometimes forget that it's not really thought of as a "serious wine" in a lot of places. Too bad for you, I guess, if you like the stuff.
>>
20 bucks. HUGE.
>>
>>7539913
Yeah, I guess I'll keep looking, maybe check a liquor store I haven't yet. Trader Joe's actually has like a 7$ bottle that's decent
>>
>>7539841
If you are looking to drink more wine try pinot grigio. (another name for this is pinot gris) these are some good wines. A good entry level one that people call "fun" is barefoot.

I myself am not a huge riesling fan because many of them are far too sweet for my pallet because they like to leave residual sugars in the wine. Lately the King Estate Pinot Gris has really blown me away. I believe its $13 a bottle.
>>
>>7539998
I'll try it out. Thanks for the recommendation
>>
>>7539914
What is this theres no way this is 92 years old.
>>
>>7539998
>because many of them are far too sweet for my pallet
Fingernails on the chalkboard
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.