[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Fries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: frenchfries5.jpg (926 KB, 2800x1867) Image search: [Google]
frenchfries5.jpg
926 KB, 2800x1867
What kinds of seasonings do you guys put on your fries? I was recently turned on to lemon pepper on fries, but I love parmesan fries, Steak n Shake's Cajun and salt n vinegar fries and fries with a lil salt and a lot of black pepper.
>>
>>7539396
Five Guys Cajun seasoning is pretty good, if you ask them for extra seasoning when you order they'll give you a little mini cup of it. Add it to any fries for a little bit of kick.
>>
drizzled with soy sauce
>>
>>7539396
>What kinds of seasonings do you guys put on your fries?

Whatever seasoning comes on Walmartâ„¢ brand fries. That stuff is miraculous.
>>
They're surprisingly delicious when seasoned with Cake Crumb Hot Hot Hot
>>
>>7539423
kek
>>
Only salt or vinegar, typically. I like em dry. If I'm eating a sausage or something I might dip in the mustard.
>>
>>7539396
Big fan of spicy mayo
>>
beer battered f a m
>>
>>7539500
is malt liquor acceptable results?
>>
>>7539396
Salt and oregano powder for my fries, but just when I'm feeling frisky.
>>
>>7539533
hell nah nigga get the good shit
>>
>>7539445
I don't think I've ever met someone else who would dip their fries in mustard. It's a very occasional thing for me, but it's pretty good with thicker fries.

>>7539537
Never thought about oregano, but I think I'll try that sometime. Sounds pretty alright.

I also like using barbecue seasoning on fries for a sweeter kick, just remembered that because I haven't done it in a while. Fries are so awesome and versatile.
>>
>>7539396
What style of fries? The seasoning is very dependent on the type of fries. Krinkle, shoe string, tots, waffle?
>>
File: Tonys.jpg (69 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
Tonys.jpg
69 KB, 600x460
I would snort this if it wouldnt destroy my septum.
>>
Good seasoned fries, I'll eat straight.

Plain salty fries are basically condiment delivery systems. For them I like a mix of catsup and mustard. Not mixed together, next to each other on my plate and I dip the fries with varying amounts of each to keep changing the flavor.
>>
Double battered
Deep fried
Lightly tossed in a truffle oil chimichurri
Seasoned with salt, white pepper, paprika and cayenne
>>
>>7539706

They actually make a septum safe kind now...

"Cachere's Septum Safe" for people just like you!
>>
File: smoked_paprika.jpg (308 KB, 3120x2592) Image search: [Google]
smoked_paprika.jpg
308 KB, 3120x2592
smoked paprika, salt and pep
>>
>>7539396
>What kinds of seasonings do you guys put on your fries? I was recently turned on to lemon pepper on fries, but I love parmesan fries, Steak n Shake's Cajun and salt n vinegar fries and fries with a lil salt and a lot of black pepper.

Try it all, dude.
Krazy Janes Mixed Up Salt
Tony Cacheres
Tajin (chili-lime-salt)
Lawrys seasoned salt
Old bay
Cracked pepper and sea salt (do your own)
All the Ms. Dash, esp table blends

Maybe go for the malt vinegar.

Maybe try chili sauce vs ketchup, or some caribbean 'banana ketchup" Try making a mustard-curry sauce like Pollo Tropical
>>
>>7539396
About fries I've got some opinions that I must get out of my chest.

A good french fry is that whoes flavour is not altered by extra seasonings, the same principle of not using ketchup when you are gonna eat them.
>>
>>7539406
Are their fries supposed to be crispy? Because I've been to several Five Guys across 3 states and they're always floppy as shit.
>>
>>7539396
feta and oregano
>>
>>7539396
Garlic powder, some salt, ground paprika, spritz with vinegar, dip in chilimayo with some lime
>>
>>7539833
what does it feel like to be a pleb?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.