[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homebrew General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: BeerIngredients.gif (67 KB, 353x277) Image search: [Google]
BeerIngredients.gif
67 KB, 353x277
Would brewing my own beer help me get a gf?

Also, homebrew general.
>>
>Would brewing my own beer help me get a gf?

not in my experience.... but you got to do some things for yourself

we used to have homebrew threads but i think they went to diy.

I used to brew batch sparge method... then i developed alcohol problems.
now i don't drink.

I miss it
>>
My first brew should be done bottle conditioning tomorrow, gonna pop one in the fridge tonight to taste it when I get off work. Hope I didn't fuck anything up
>>
>>7539219 maybe a boyfriend but no girlfriends in your future. What a queer
>>
If you find a decent extract kit and do it properly it can be just as good as all grain brewing. Beer snobs get all butthurt when you tell them this but there are no rules, just like a good album being made using a full studio or all done on fruity loops, if you can't tell the difference, who cares..
>>
>>7539219
It'll make you get fatter, so yes.
>>
>>7539219
It can, if your brew is so delicious you can sell it for ridiculous profit and you end up becoming a millionaire.
>>
>>7539219
>brewing my own beer help me get a gf
Please OP tell me this is a joke. No, women dont give a shit about your beer, just your face, personality and cock.
>>
>>7539219
maybe, cause it would give you something to do and concentrate on other than getting a gf, cause chics don't dig single guys who want someone to date/fuck/whatever unless you hot, and I mean model hon not normal hot
>>
I Brew my own beer and have three different beers on tap at all times.
Having beer on tap doesn't attract as much pussy as I thought it was going to.
>>
>>7539219
Perhaps. Back in the day guys use to get girls over by telling them if they wanted to see their record collection and listen to some music. So perhaps you can find a chick willing to come over and sample your home brew, but most chicks don't drink beer, so you'd have to make up some fancy hipster type bullshit like you used Bavarian hops and what not.
>>
>>7539519
inviting someone over to do something like listen to records or sample some homebrew is just an excuse to get some alone time with someone you dig, and they genrally only accept if they dig you. it doesn't really matter what the activity is since it's just an excuse
>>
>>7539527
Perhaps my friend, perhaps.
>>
>>7539219
Thought that was a huge, dank ass nug and some beer, I was going to be very jealous
>>
Do cider or fruit infused vodka to pull pussy, I doubt you'll get a girl because your DIPA or Imperial Stout game is on point..
>>
Of you brew it to appeal to children and use roofies as an ingredient, yes!
>>
>>7539219
Read Arto Paalisina and it seems that homebrewing beer in Finland is a housewife thing.
>>
>>7539219
Kind of homebrewing.

Made my first 5 gal carboy of sugar wash last night. Pretty optimistic on this one. I am making another two tonight. Using Red Star's wine yeast in the red packet.

Also tested my pot still a couple days before that and got about 600ml of 140 proof shine with 5L of box wine and a handle of Karkovs. It was VERY sweet.
>>
>>7539229
Those feels
>>
>>7539219
probably a little, especially if you are post college 20 something. Most girls wouldn't care but there is a sizable subsection of them that would
>>
>>7539219
Homebrewer of 3 years here, still have no gf. Please send help.
>>
>>7541059
Hops are on the way.
>>
>>7539488
And money.
Bitches love expensive shiny shit
>>
>>7539219
You get the gf 1st then homebrew
>>
I had a Mr. Beer home brewing kit was pretty fun but I lost my gf who bought it for me now I'm a sad lonely man.
>>
>>7541776
she deserved better than me
>>
>>7539219
I know I guy who is an unemployed massive stoner who is paralyzed from the waste down and plays too much MTG. He also homebrews and has a girlfriend. If it can get him a girlfriend, it can get you one.
>>
Thinking about fermenting iced tea with champagne yeast

Has anyone ever tried anything like this ?
>>
>>7539488
Sure, but hobbies are an important part of your personality. Starting to brew beer will both give him something to talk about as well as develop his character. People like to be around people who are passionate and engaged with something.
>>
>>7541913
Nope, but worth a try. Going to be tough to make the tea flavor not get entirely obliterated by fermentation flavors. Could see a darker oolong working. Make a really concentrated brew, and maybe go a bit toward over extraction to get the extra tannin.
>>
>>7541857

the weed and the disability check probably keep her around more than the homebrew and the MTG

>>7539219
better off learning to make some decent cocktails instead. most girls aren't gonna give a shit about your IPA that tastes like licking dirty quarters.
>>
>>7541975
>and the disability check
Worse. Rich parents
>>
File: 1456382002455.jpg (1 MB, 548x4558) Image search: [Google]
1456382002455.jpg
1 MB, 548x4558
I recently opened up my first batch of mead that I made from this image. Sadly, no bog myrtle to flavor with, but it's surprisingly drinkable for something made in such a halfassed way
>>
File: 1435968759741.gif (339 KB, 213x199) Image search: [Google]
1435968759741.gif
339 KB, 213x199
>Homebrew General in /ck/ means something very different from what it does in /tg/, but both can include discussions of beer brewing.
>>
>>7539352
Post back please.
If it tasted good going into the bottle it should taste good after carbonation. Unless you didn't properly sanitize the bottles or caps that is.
>>
>>7539433
This is very true. When I am limited on time but my brew schedule is set. I simply go extract and steep grains for additional flavor.
>>
>>7541913
If you do check back, make sure that first the yeast has something to eat "sugar" secondly most of the aroma will be driven off during the fermentation.
You could sterilize some tea in vodka and add that once the primary fermentation ends. Just a thought.
>>
>>7542291
I just had one. I really like it, over carbonated them a little bit because I didn't realize how much volume I lost from kettle to primary to secondary so the amount of sugar I use was too much but nothing crazy. It goes down very easy and will be a great summer beer.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 900x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 900x643
>>7539219
>beer
>gf

If you want the honeys to come by for your brews make cider and make it sweet.

I love dry cider but most woman don't. I recommend 4 gallons of puchased cider mixed with 1 gallon of 100% Macintosh juice.
Put a few pounds of strawberries in primary. When bottling put a small amount of xylitol (non fermentable alcohol sugar the same sweetness as sugar) in it. You will have a sweet strawberry cider girls with suck your dick for.

If you don't like sweet simply add the xylitol after you bottle the first bunch of bottles dry.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.