[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anything else be done with these besides eaten like cavemen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Rotissierie_chicken.jpg (782 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Rotissierie_chicken.jpg
782 KB, 2272x1704
can anything else be done with these besides eaten like cavemen?
>>
You could have sex with it. Or make chicken salad.
>>
>>7539038
Well, since it's already cooked, you can use it anyway you would use cooked chicken. It would be different if it was raw, you could do whatever you want with it, but a cooked and seasoned sicken I'd a cooked and seasoned chicken.
>>
File: MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
A walmart near me has the best ones I have ever had for only 5 bucks and they are huge
I might have to murder one after work
>>
>>7539038
I like to quarter them and marinate them, then bake it for the next couple meals. I save up the backbones in the freezer to make chicken stock.
>>
>>7539257
how do you retain as much quality as you can with reheat?
>>
>>7539038
Get tortillas, sour cream, cheese, and veg.....Chicken tacos. Or dillas, or top it on a salad, or make chicken alfredo pizza. God dammit going to Publix now, Fuck.
>>
Use the skeleton to make a good chicken stew asshole.

Sure, pick it apart but the bones are invaluable for stock.
>>
>>7539296

This. However, for 4-5 bucks more you can get a raw whole chicken that you can season however you choose, roast to perfection, and have bigger bones and gizzards for stock.
>>
>>7539038
I use them in chicken curries
>>
>>7539262
A lot of times these things are sold slightly undercooked. I think they're brined, but otherwise the seasoning is pretty basic. I usually go for one that has less visible browning, then make a simple marinade with whatever acid, oil, herbs, and spices I feel like. Mustard and a pinch of brown sugar is nice, too. I quarter it (save the back), throw it in a bag in the fridge, and bake the next day. It is always better.
>>
>>7539038
We take as much meat as we can get off of them and put bacon and cheese on some as meals. I'll boil the bones leftover for a lovely stock and just drink that broth or make gravy with it.

Or I just pick at the meat I have stored during the week and put texas pete on it. Quick snack and so good.
>>
>>7539038

there is fucking nothing like crushing the gym for three hours and then eating an entire rotisserie chicken with your bare hands and half a gallon of milk and then passing out.
>>
>>7539384
This guy knows living
>>
>>7539296
Passive aggressive advice is always the best kind. This cracked me up. Btw, SKIM THE SCUM OFF THE STOCK FUCKFACE.
>>
I usually just shred it all and take it off the bone by hand, then use it like I'd use any other chicken. Tacos, chicken salad, in pasta, etc
>>
>>7539038
Wrap it up in tinfoil along with veggies and bacon and then bake it.
>>
>purchase
>eat the dark meat while delicious and hot with tomatoes like the kings of old
>just go at it with your hands and pop some cherry tomatoes in your mouth while you eat, fucking delightful
>remove breasts, wrap in aluminium foil or whatever, put in fridge, save for later to make a chicken recipe with
>take carcass, make broth, save broth

I like to use the broth for dinner either that night or the next, I'll heat up the broth with some lemongrass, and then pour it over some rice noodles, and add bok choy, spinach, jalapenos, straw mushrooms, chicken, cilantro, and bean sprouts.

P. good.
>>
I devour them and use the bones to make stock.
That's more or less all they're good for.
They need to be eaten fresh or they dry out quick as fuck.
>>
>>7539038
>can anything else be done with these besides eaten like cavemen?
Just get some sides going, anon. Maybe a dipping sauce. Pull some off and tuck it into a casserole, like chicken enchiladas. Chop it into a chicken salad (use the right flavor of course). Top a salad with it, think Cobb Salad/chef salad.

They're so cheap. Just eat it hot right away, and consider the sandwich on day 2. Toss. Repeat another day.
>>
Make chicken burrito
>>
>>7539384
This is the only feeling that keeps me alive
>>
I love these things, but I always kill them off in a day or two. Say I pick one up tomorrow, could I throw pieces into rice or make other meals out of them, and take them to work for the following week?

I'm sure I can, just don't want to go out and have it spoil on me if I can't.
>>
>>7540218
I mix the leftovers into stir fry, tomato soup, marinara sauce for pasta, chicken noodle soup, ramen, mixed with steamed veggies in a light sauce, what the hell ever. It's pure protein, just cut it up and put it in shit.
>>
>>7539038
Carve it up, debone, make a chicken stock from the bones, fry up mirepoix, add the stock, add the shredded meat, spoon in dumpling batter to make dumplings. Chicken n' dumpling soup.
>>
>>7540253
Pretty sure there's some fat and sodium in there too, mane
>>
>>7539038
Eat for dinner. Pull and chop remaining meat and skin for chicken salad. Use carcass for stock.

Alternatively eat dark meat for dinner, save breasts for sandwich slices, use carcass for stock.

Both routes should start by removing the wish bone with Jacques Pepin method, makes slicing breasts far more convenient.
>>
>>7539306
Where are you getting these 10 lb chickens? Rotisserie chicken is 5 bucks and while chickens are $.99/lb or less where I live.
>>
>>7539038
My mom makes curry with shredded BBQ chicken.
I hate it, I think because of the texture.
Cubed chicken meat cooked from scratch belongs in a curry.
>>
>>7539038
CUT CHICKEN INTO PIECES
EAT IT WITH KNIFE AND FORK
>>
I've always just pulled the breast meat apart and made sandwiches with it and mayo on white bread. I call it the Matthew McConaughey, because it's white-on-white-on-white.
>>
>>7540273

Tyson fresh young chickens were .98c/lb. where used to live. I used to buy 4-5 of them at a time and freeze them. However, only about 1 in 5 chickens actually had bagged giblets in them, which are great for stock. I've also noticed better quality meat in local or organic chicken than in Tyson. However cheap, quality goes a longer way for the chicken and it's stock.
>>
File: 2014-01-30 21.26.21.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-30 21.26.21.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7539038
When I buy one I pull off the breasts and set them aside for sandwiches the next couple of days. I like it on a roll with marinara and melted havarti.

Then later, usually drunk, I tear into the rest and eat like a slob, with hot sauce. Pic related, my favorite morsel
>>
File: 2014-01-30 21.42.44.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-30 21.42.44.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7542611
And i eat every bit of skin, fat, cartilage, kidneys, wing tips, etc.
>>
I like to peel all of the meat off, ill spend 10minutes doing it. Then, get this, add it to a fucking recipe involving chicken!

Its fucking madness, i know, but its true.
>>
>>7542638
Are the kidneys the part thats sucked up into the spine?
>>
>>7539384
Yeah!

Except fuck the gym part. I'm no fag.
>>
File: 112.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>7543339
Yes
>>
eat it with hard bread you fucking faggot lol. are you fucking kiddin me?
>>
>>7540025
Fucking Denethor II up in this bitch

I see you nigga
>>
>>7539038
When I was really broke, I'd pick one of these up, spinach/lettuce/other vegetables, and cheap cheese and then make wraps for days.

Really cheap and pretty filling, and wraps can be versatile enough that you don't want to kill yourself as much for eating the same thing 5 days in a row.
>>
>>7539384
Goin full caveman mode

>homo erectus gains

N-no homo
>>
We use them for sandiches mostly, though I sometimes like to take a thigh and leg and eat it with hummus and flatbread, maybe some sundried tomatoes and goat cheese on the side.
I keep all the bones from them in the freezer until I have 8-10 carcasses and then make a couple gallons of chicken stock with the rest. It turns out a bit salty, sadly, but otherwise fucking great, and cheaper than plain uncooked chickens up here in Puckistan.
>>
>>7544317
I've always wondered what those things were

>why dis nigga got a brain in his ass?
>>
>>7539038
spank it op, please do it for science
>>
>>7544341

>When i was really broke
>I wasted money on prepared food

You're a retard.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.