[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bourbon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Yul-Brynner-Westworld.jpg (26 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
Yul-Brynner-Westworld.jpg
26 KB, 320x256
Scotfag here. whisky, or "scotch" as my american cousins refer to it, has got ridiculously expensive.
I've decided to branch out into bourbon.

I've tried jack Daniels (i know its not really bourbon) which was pish. smelt like airfix glue and tasted BAAADDDD.
I tried buffalo trace which was pretty decent. I could sip it without mixing it and I enjoyed the flavour.

I'd like to buy a bottle of bourbon tomorrow.

here's what I have access to
buffalo trace,
makers mark
knob creek
woodford reserve
bullet bourbon

Anyone who has actually tried these care to make a recommendation?
>>
>>7538693
I like Jack Daniels Honey as I got a bottle of it for Xmas and it's usually on sale everywhere.
It is like drinking sweetened smoother jack
>>
>>7538693
Of the stuff you listed Jack Daniels is easily the worst so any of the above would be a step up.

Of the ones you listed my first choice would be bulliet, 2nd choice would be buffalo trace.

Can you get Pappy Van Winkle at your liquor store? That stuff is amazing.
>>
File: 1178140213091.jpg (87 KB, 567x500) Image search: [Google]
1178140213091.jpg
87 KB, 567x500
>>7538704
>Jack Daniels Honey
BREEEE!!! BREEEE!!! BREEE!!!

Flavored novelty "whiskey" drinker detected!
>>
>>7538707
can't get pappy van winkle etc.

If whichever bottle i get works out I'll get a bottle of pappy, eagle rare or elijah craig.

how does bullet differ from buffalo trace.
people say its spicier... do they mean it tastes of pepper , cumin or somehting?
>>
File: 1453095920216s.jpg (5 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1453095920216s.jpg
5 KB, 200x150
>>
>>7538693
makers mark is pretty good so is knob creek, I haven't tried the others but I prefer makers over knob. If you're looking for a really smooth bourbon I would suggest getting some Basil Hayden, its only 40% but you just can't beat the taste. If you're looking for something cheap you should just go with Jim Beam
>>
File: basil-hayden.jpg (534 KB, 583x1854) Image search: [Google]
basil-hayden.jpg
534 KB, 583x1854
>>7539152
forgot to add the picture
>>
maker's mark is for babbies

bulleit is where it's at on that last. Old Grand-Dad's my favorite for mixing my mint juleps but on its own it's a bit tedious.
>>
>>7538693

Bulleit was pretty smooth, good for sipping
>>
4 roses is god tier for the price, but when it comes to burbon you really can only go wrong with JD.

Blantons is my favorite though, and its fun collecting the horse tops, I think if you get all of them and mail them to the buffalo trace distillery they will make a plaque of it and send it back to you, pretty neat.
>>
>>7538693

Wild Turkey 101 is my go-to bourbon.

Maker's Mark is okay.

Woodford Reserve was nice, but not as nice as Wild Turkey.

I don't think I've had the others though.
>>
I just buy the cheapest possible bourbon available and mix it with coke zero and ice cubes

After the first one I don't care what it tastes like anyway

>Inb4 whiskey snobs
>>
>>7538722
High-rye bourbon generally has more peppery, cinnamon-y, spearmint-y spice than low-rye bourbon. You get what I mean?
>>
File: 1440194329033.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440194329033.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
>>7539577
>using bourbon for that
>when vodka is cheaper per unit volume
>>
>>7539728
Same price where I live so it makes no difference
>>
>>7538722
Bulleit is high-rye mashbill, tastes more 'sparkly' on the tongue. Knob Creek is also a high-rye, I would go with that (but I am partial to ryes).

Never had Pappy myself but Eagle Rare is good stuff, really smooth.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.