[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we know as a matter of scientific fact that the warmer the temperature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: sour.jpg (37 KB, 276x334) Image search: [Google]
sour.jpg
37 KB, 276x334
we know as a matter of scientific fact that the warmer the temperature a food is, the more intense the flavor is. New flavors aren't added, its that already existing flavors become more apparent.

most anything that actually tastes good can be eaten cold, room temperature, or warm and it will still taste somewhere between its fucking nothing - pretty great.
chilling things masks flavor and warming accentuates it, we know this

now consider beer, and the fact that even seasoned beer drinkers wont touch the stuff if it even approaches close to room temperature. That leaves us to scientifically conclude that beer does as a matter of fact, taste like shit and nobody really likes it.

you can drop the act now, your cover has been blown. have yourself a nice cocktail or something
>>
The Brits serve ale at room temperature and it's fucking delicious.

Beer has existed many many centuries longer than refrigeration.

Your argument is invalid.
>>
Is your shift key broken or something?
>>
>>7538174
>Brits
>fucking delicious
come on now, nobody is going to fall for that one
>>
File: 1410666277904.gif (3 MB, 270x266) Image search: [Google]
1410666277904.gif
3 MB, 270x266
>>7538179
>birthplace of glorious ipa
>not delicious
>>
>>7538192
but those are the worst of them all

mmm love that crisp soapy flavor
>>
>>7538216

Do you just read certain words at this point and process them as "meme"?

I'm pretty sure you're conflating IPA and cilantro.
>>
>>7538223
they both taste the same, cilantro is like the industrial stuff you use on dishes and floors, ipas are like the moisturizing bar old ladies use
>>
Ale is commonly served room temp. Lager is served cooled, but it's supposed to be refreshing rather than bursting with flavor.
>>
>>7538192
>>7538223

IPA's are the new hipster beer fad

>It's an acquired taste, all those notes make it superb beer
>I had to guzzle down dozens of cases just to get used to the pine cone flavor
>bitter, the natural flavor of poisons and toxins, really helped me settle on a beer like this
>>
>we know as a matter of scientific fact that the warmer the temperature a food is, the more intense the flavor is.

depends on the flavour
>>
>>7538425

2013 called. It wants its fad back.
>>
I unironically enjoy lemon beer.

Never drink it in public though because all my friends call me a faggot/woman. Well boohoo guys, I'm sure that 2.5% additional alcohol makes you real manly.
>>
>we know as a matter of scientific fact that the warmer the temperature a food is, the more intense the flavor is
[citation needed]
>>
>>7538493

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dsj5w_pee-wee-vol-1-disc-1-e01-ice-cream-soup_tv
>>
>>7538425
>new
Even assuming you mean ridiculously big IPAs pretty much made to generate buzz for breweries you'd still be at least 5 years out of touch.
>>
>>7538459
you're a fucking pussy for not drinking it in public
>>
>scientific conclusions

only on 4chan
>>
>>7538174
cellar temp senpai
>>
>>7538169
I like my water cold too you ultra faggot
>>
>>7538169
I'm calling bullshit. I can identify a lot more flavors in cold food than I can eating it hot. Usually the heat of the food distracts me from the flavors or makes the aromatics more prominent than they would be cold.

Not to mention cold food can have different textures because the fats are more stable and not running off your fork.
>>
>>7538169
>we know as a matter of scientific fact that the warmer the temperature a food is, the more intense the flavor is
Do we though? Without looking it up I'd assume the sweet spot is warm, not hot.
>>
>>7538493
it's how taste works, that's why a piece of frozen cheesecake has no flavor and a piece of regular cheese cake does
same with icecream fresh out of the freezer
it's the same reason you heat up shitty sake to try and coax out some good flavors which will cover up the shitty ones
and the reason energy drinks insist you serve them slightly chilled, because they taste like chemicals and medicine at room temp
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.