[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 20160404_083030.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160404_083030.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
How do you butcher your chicken?

> remove wish bone
> remove wings
> remove dark quarters
> remove breasts
> remove tenders

Freeze or toss carcass
>>
>roast it whole
>tear the meat off with my bare hands and save it for soup
>tear the rest of the carcass up with my bare hands and turn it into stock
Chicken is pretty much shit tier for eating, that's what real meat is for. But for soup it's good.
>>
Cut out the backbone with shears.
Split the breastbone from behind.
Disassemble the rest at the joints.
>>
Are there that many alternative ways to butcher a chicken?

For a curry I might crack the drumsticks in half and quarter the spine to throw in, but that's about as weird as it gets.
>>
>>7537652
Either;
>roast it whole
>butterfly and roast
>completely debone while keeping skin intact
>>
Buy precut because I don't like the upper half of a chicken.
>>
This thread makes me want to make chicken and forty cloves tonight for dinner.

Damn guys.

I dont have time to let a bird thaw, I'll have to grab one on the way home. Couple extra heads of garlic too.
>>
>>7538105
Elaborate. I've got two dark quarters from those birds that I didn't freeze.
>>
>>7537652
depends on what I'm doing with it. if I'm just cooking chicken to have for the week, I cook it whole and then just rip the meat off by hand when it cools down. if I'm being fancy, I debone it like Pepin.

otherwise I just buy it pre-butchered, as it usually ends up being cheaper anyways
>>
buy fresh, french it and freeze it. i can stretch a whole chicken for a weeks worth of meals and them make broth woth the carcass for soups and stews.
>>
>>7538420
dinner not meals
>>
>>7538355
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but it's just stuffing a bird with a bunch of garlic and then roasting it. Google "40 cloves of garlic chicken" for more info.
>>
>>7538437
Sorta, but that's not the procedure I've ever seen used.

Cut up chicken like in
>>7537725

Brown it in a cast iron a couple pieces at a time. Set it aside.

Add some more oil and a crapton of garlic to the cast iron and scrape up all the goodies from browning the skin.

Arrange the chicken pieces so you can get them all crammed into the cast iron.

Spoon the garlic oil over the chicken, add herbs and seasoning that you want. Not too much though, the garlic is the star.

Pop it in the oven till the chicken is safe, the garlic is sweet, and the skin is crispy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.