[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /ck/'s opinion on Boston Market? I had them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: boston market turkey carver.jpg (308 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
boston market turkey carver.jpg
308 KB, 1600x1200
What's /ck/'s opinion on Boston Market?

I had them last night for the first time in a while. Basic turkey sandwich with some mac and cheese. It was good enough, I guess, but a bit pricey and also I felt a bit sad eating it for some reason.
>>
>>7537454
Boston Market is "I'm on a business trip and my company is too cheap to cover my food expenses and I'm too cheap to pay out of pocket for something better" - tier.
>>
>>7537454

Eh, I spend all my Thanksgivings alone so I'm glad they're there as an option at least. Except for those Thanksgivings when the "appropriate" food just makes me depressed and I feel like getting a pizza or something.
>>
>>7537454
>Boston market
Too many Eastern European immigrants.
>>
What the fuck is that shit! Crappy food that I wouldn't eat if you paid me. A chicken Caesar salad would taste better and probably be just as cheap.
>>
>>7537459
lel
>>7537454
I've eaten there a couple of times, it's what a benevolent dictator would feed to the homeless vagrants and prisoners. Certainly not good enough for school lunches, but not so terrible that it's a human rights violation. In this way he would show that although he believes in law and order, he also believes in mercy.
>>
My problem with Boston Market is that it feels like it should taste better. But it doesn't. It tastes like a cafeteria.
>>
Boston market is for divorced men or widowers who miss their wives shitty cooking and are trying to relive that mediocre home cooked taste, but cannot actually stand to be in the kitchen themselves.

In the kitchen are memories of happier times, standing there leaning against her as she cooks, stealing bits out of the pot and dodging her playful slaps. Holding her in a firm kiss while your other hand steals a drop of icing, just to pull away and wipe it on her nose...

You can go to boston market, yes they overcharge, the food isn't the best, but every slightly watery sauce or burnt edge takes you back to when you told her how wonderful everything she made was to save her feelings.

It was too soon, why did she have to leave you alone, with nothing to remind you of those days but the sad pot pie in a takeout carton.
>>
I like it
>>
Boring food for boring people.
>>
>>7538373

At the one I went to, there was an unexpected slew of condiments available next to the soda fountain - mostly hot sauces and barbecue sauce. I don't remember all the sauces but there were at least Tabasco, Cholula, and Sriracha. I could definitely see that stuff helping out bland white-people food.
>>
>>7537454
>It tastes like a cafeteria.

Basically this. I don't understand why anyone goes there. It's horrible quality bland food. If you want that then why not just get a TV dinner?
>>
>>7537454

>also I felt a bit sad eating it for some reason.

I get the SAME exact feeling in Boston Market. Fucking weird.
>>
>>7538124
Where can I read more of your work?
>>
File: 7c7.gif (222 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
7c7.gif
222 KB, 500x720
>>7538124
it's a monday afternoon, i didn't want these feels this soon
>>
>>7537454
It's pretty good. I haven't had in a while though so I don't remember exactly how it was. Maybe a little bit bland but not bad
>>
>>7538590
>>7538605

Sorry about that.

Rough morning manually doing math that I have not had to deal with in years trying to find any hidden gotchas in a couple different paths we can take to recover from a screwup in our NOC. Basically doing damage control for someone else's screwup put me in a bad mood and I trolled the thread with depressing prattle since that was the direction it was already going.

Not even sure where that came from, oddly enough I was snickering when writing it.

>>Inb4 not your personal blog

Not my personal blog
>>
>>7538678
Nobody cares. Fucking loser
>>
>>7537454

Needs to be about 25% cheaper overall, for what you get.
>>
>>7538373
Boring people have to eat too, shitbag.

Signed, flyovers.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.