[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I make a pizza that looks like this? Have you personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: 1459361774921.jpg (157 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459361774921.jpg
157 KB, 750x1000
How can I make a pizza that looks like this?

Have you personally ever made a pizza, /ck/? Was it good?
>>
>>7536696
First, turn your oven up to 600°
>>
Deep baking pan
Temp 500F
Cook 15 minutes
>>
>>7536696
Fuck those peps are so oily you could use them as mighty max hot tubs.
>>
>>7536696
Too much grease with them peps t.bh
>>
>>7536706
>>7536708
Don't be pathetic, degreasing pizzas is a thing for a reason
>>
>>7536708
>>7536706
Dab them with a paper towel, the pepeproni that is concave like that is god tier
>>
>>7536696
Generally, like this:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html

Though, I've made it with regular pizza dough I bought at Publix, the approximate recipe is:
1. Heavily oil a baking pan and spread the pizza dough edge to edge.
2. Let it proof for a couple of hours. And I mean a couple of hours. You want the dough to be really airy.
3. Top with tomato sauce, cheese, toppings, etc. Top it edge to edge.
4. Bake at the highest temperature your oven will go (550 on mine) for 10-15 minutes. Preferably, watch it as it bakes. When the crust looks like it's just about to singe, pull it.
>>
>>7536706
>>7536708
>peps

i don't like this meme
>>
>>7536727
Thanks m8 I will definitely have to try this.

Though I have the feeling it's going to come out like dogshit. It's never as good as the pictures.
>>
>>7536696
Made one yesterday. It was a thin crust mozzarella and basil leaf meme pizza
>>
>>7536729
>i don't like this meme

I don't like you
>>
File: 1365399369123.png (285 KB, 450x375) Image search: [Google]
1365399369123.png
285 KB, 450x375
>>7536696
>deep dish scum
Kill yourself.
>>
I've worked in 3 different restaurants where we made pizza, and my homemade pizza still look like homemade pizza.

That pizza doesn't look very appealing, but restaurant food looks the way it does because it's made in a restaurant kitchen.
>>
>>7536755
>shitting on something without even offering an alternative

gtfo and that's not even deep dish
>>
File: stolen memes.jpg (32 KB, 693x468) Image search: [Google]
stolen memes.jpg
32 KB, 693x468
>>7536755

it's a Sicilian square, pal

pretty common in ny, i used to eat square slices exclusively but have been moving back to round

some meme places like di fara's make a better square than round, takes more skill in my opinion
>>
>>7536755
Good b8, people have already taken it
>>
>>7536696
>Have you personally ever made a pizza, /ck/? Was it good?

Yes. The first time was meh, but after that I figured out how to get good results from a home oven.

1) Preheat your oven as hot as it will go.
2) Make a relatively thin crust.
3) Brush the edge of the crust with olive oil.
4) Prebake the crust for ~5 minutes.
5) Add toppings.
6) Return pizza to oven and switch to broil setting.
7) Broil for 5-10 minutes keeping a close eye on the pizza.
>>
File: 1451539017591.jpg (26 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1451539017591.jpg
26 KB, 318x318
>tfw oven only goes to 550
>>
File: images (46).jpg (23 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (46).jpg
23 KB, 443x332
Upward curled peps masterrace
>>
>>7536727
Tried this recipe in my cast iron pan a few times, can confirm, it comes out good. Made it once with Bob Bubba whatever the hell brand gluten free pizza crust and it came out edible, believe it or not, except the dough was stupid crisp on the bottom, next time I use the GF dough, gonna slather the bottom with clarified butter. The trick is preheating the oven as high as it goes, 550F or so.
>>7536732
Nah, try it, all the stress and time wasted making the crust and kneading dough makes it worthwhile.
>>7536764
DiFara's in Brooklyn is a meme? I like DiFara's regular slices, his Sicilian is ok.
>>
File: pizza-taglio.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
pizza-taglio.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
>>7536696
Anon from pizzaland here.
This kind of pizza have the same dough as focaccia:
> flour, water, yeast, malt, salt, evo oil
The flour have to be and high W to absorb a shitton of liquid something like 100g flour/60 g water/10g evoo.
>>
Gotta use all beef pepperoni to get it to cup like that
>>
>>7536706

You like peps on your zaa dontcha
>>
>>7536706
>>7536729
I call them poppers.
Popperoni pizza is best tier
>>
>>7538224
do you have the exact dough recipe?
>>
I like making pizza
>>
>>7536727
They want me to eliminate the bubbles that form craters when you take them out of the oven.
But those are the best part. What tasteless neanderthals
>>
But what about hawaiian pizza?
>>
>>7538465

i do for 100 flour (all grams):
> 60 water
> 10 oil
> 1.7 salt
> 2.5 yeast (the fresh cube)
> 1.6 malt
>>
>>7536727
I'm making this tomorrow, except in a square pan instead of a round one. Dis better be gud.
>>
>>7539581
What type of material is the pan?
>>
File: ccd.png (191 KB, 477x768) Image search: [Google]
ccd.png
191 KB, 477x768
>>7536696
Holy shit so apparently everyone in this thread works at a shit Little Caesar's in Detroit.
>No mentions of perfect sauce or cheese mixtures, only oven instructions
No wonder men can only barbecue, you fucking beasts. Make pizza at least once a week for the hubby and his parents.

For the sauce:
Some people prefer to dump the finished product into a food processor after the cooking is done, but I think you can be a better judge of water/texture if you process the tomatoes beforehand. Have about 4 or 5 ready for this recipe
>dice white onion separately, maybe 1 medium one
>4 cloves of garlic, diced
>1.5 tablespoons of olive oil or salted butter, if you like
As a side note don't use very large tomatoes, it's a sign they were grown too quickly and have a whack water content. Tomatoes the size of a petite girl's fist mean you don't have to add sugar! :)
>Have parsley, sage, oregano, basil, and thyme or rosemary (to taste on the last two) read
>Heat oil, add a teaspoon of oregano, 2 pinches of parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of basil, 1/4 teaspoon of sage, and the last two herbs to your taste. Let the herbs just sizzle a little to soak up the oil
>Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until light brown
>Turn down the heat a little so when you add the tomato puree it doesn't pop at you
>Turn on medium heat, really take this time to decide if you want more garlic, herbs, oil, etc.
>Add pepper and salt to taste, maybe about a 3/4 teaspon of salt
>Turn heat on high and let sauce reduce
>When excess water stops boiling around the edges take off heat, or to your liking

For cheese I love a combo of edam, cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Sometimes I add cream cheese for just a little more gooey. The pepperoni in OP's pic was cut too thick, for a healthier option try roast chicken topped under the cheese to keep it from getting dried out. Remember to brush crust with oil and season! Have fun!
>>
>>7539581
Make sure your oven doesn't have hot spots, does it have a fan? A square pan can leave you with burnt corners and a soggy center. You probably know this but I've made the mistake carelessly at times.
>>
>>7541041
I should add that the pizzas I make are a little small so adjust the tomatoes to the size you want, sorry! Seriously though, try to use smaller tomatoes. Trying to balance sugar and salt when it's too hot for a fair taste is a bitch.
>>
>>7540952
idk, one of them is telfon and the other is steel
>>7541048
yes it has a fan
>>
>>7536696
Is that from prince street?
>>
>>7536727
>http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html

This dough sucks. It comes out sticky as all hell, by far the stickiest pizza dough I have ever had the displeasure of working with. And for what? So I don't have to spend 10 minutes kneading dough?

Was this made for redditors or something? It doesn't come out like in the picture at all.
>>
>>7536788
How???
>>
>>7536706
>>7536706
>>7536708
>>7536726

Pepperoni that cups into a glorious chalice of liquid pork fat is what it's all about, heathens. ALL pepperoni used to do this before the food Jews ruined it like they ruin everything; and everyone today in the know about pizza buys good pepperoni so it will do exactly as shown in the picture.

And all grease dabbers shall be cast into the pit of eternal fire.

>>7536696

How do you make it? Well, since it's a pan pizza, you actually can make this in your home oven without much special equipment and technique, if you know what you are doing.

Step 1: Get a STEEL pan. Fuck aluminum. STEEL.
Step 2: Oil the pan
Step 3: Get any typical "pizza dough" recipe and CUT THE YEAST IN HALF
Step 4: Make the dough; fill your pan with the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness; throw away leftover dough if u got it
Step 5: Cover with plastic wrap. Put in the refrigerator for 24-72 hours
Step 6: Take it out and press down the risen dough back to about 1/2 inch. Leave it out on the counter.
Step 7: Preheat oven at maximum temperature for about 30min-1hr.
Step 8. Top it-- you can put the toppings all the way out to the edge of the pan or leave a bit of bare dough if you want blank crust.
Step 9: Bake it on middle rack until the top looks done, probably somewhere between 10-20 min depending on your oven.
Step 10: Enjoy
>>
>>7541905
>CUT THE YEAST IN HALF

y tho
>>
Get a fucking pizza oven fagglet
>>
>>7541933

Because your standard "pizza dough" recipe is meant to rise on the counter in a few hours and then be baked. This is usually 1 packet of yeast (or something close to it), which is like 2 1/2 tsp.

Since we are pros, we will be fermenting/rising our dough in the cold of the fridge for 24-72 hours and need a lot less yeast. In fact, you probably could use as little as a 1/4 tsp of yeast with your standard "pizza dough" recipe if you cold ferment at least 24 hours.

If the recipe is like 2 12" pizzas 1/2 tsp would be plenty.
>>
Anybody else sexually aroused by that pepperoni? Crunchy pepperoni is best pepperoni.
>>
>>7536696
Why do the pepperonis cup like that?
>>
>>7542493
Because they are sliced directly from the wiener
>>
>>7542408
the pizzaiolo that work in the pizzera near my home use 1 gram of yeast for 1 kg of flour for a 72h lievitation
>>
>>7536696
>Have you personally ever made a pizza, /ck/?
Yes.

>Was it good?
Not on my first try. I didn't have mozzarella, so I used cheddar instead. Now, I know some pizzas use cheddar, but I've never seen an all-cheddar pizza before until I tried it. That shit is only good in small amounts, I'll tell you that much.

All subsequent pizzas used mozzarella, and if other cheeses were used, only a little bit of it.
>>
>>7542493
The fat melts causing the protein to fill in the gaps. Have you ever heated plastic?
>>
>>7542609
it has nothing to do with the fat, it has (mainly) to do with the way it's packaged in the casing

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/12/the-pizza-lab-why-does-pepperoni-curl.html
>>
Can you guys recommend any unorthodox toppings?
I made a chickpea pizza the other day and it was pretty good.
>>
>>7542581

Bet that's good pizza.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.