[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the perfect meal? It's got meat, cheese, bread,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 686x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 686x429
Is this the perfect meal? It's got meat, cheese, bread, and veg so that's like all the food groups. So, how exactly are burgers and fries not healthy?
>>
>>7536586
fries are generally oily and are just carbs.

burgers aren't bad, but patties can also get really greasy, and meat quality varies.
>>
>>7536586
>Is this the perfect meal?
No, but you already knew that. Why do people come here to shitpost? Are your home boards too busy for your posts to be noticed?
>>
>>7536586
No where near enough veggies. Also if you are talking about fast food the ingredients used are pretty shit tier and with lots of chemicals..
>>
>>7536600
>chemicals are bad for you
wrong
>>
File: eat_and_nod.webm (3 MB, 690x450) Image search: [Google]
eat_and_nod.webm
3 MB, 690x450
>>7536586
Americans prove that relying solely on burgers for a diet is not the healthiest choice.
>>
>>7536611
>wrong
:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
File: hpic3.jpg (36 KB, 474x318) Image search: [Google]
hpic3.jpg
36 KB, 474x318
>>7536586
Burgers are my favourite food and by the way I spell favourite you can see I'm not an American
>>
Fries are always unhealthy because they're fried. (But some fries are worth the fat and sodium, like duck fat fries, beef dripping fries, or the fuckawesome crinkle cut fries from my favorite burger stand).

Burgers, on the other hand, can be a perfectly reasonable and healthy meal, BUT it all comes down to the quality of ingredients and how they are prepared. The reason why they are generally categorized as "unhealthy" is that if you took a sample of burgers from restaurants across the board, most of them would fall under the "too much fat", "too much sodium", "too much bad carbs" categories. As far as burgers made at home, there's no way to tell. SO, make your own burgers, use good quality and healthful ingredients, and you're fine. But, you still wouldn't want to eat them every day.
>>
>>7536728
>Fries are always unhealthy

Why is fat and salt unhealthy in reasonable amounts?
>>
>>7536741
A "reasonable" amount of french fries, that would still be considered healthy, is exactly 10 fast food style fries, or 6 steak fries. I don't know very many people who can eat just 10 fries, or for that matter, 6. You have to have enough self-control to put the plate/carton/whatever down. Even a small order (or value order as some places call it) has more than 10 fries.
That doesn't mean you couldn't have some as a treat occasionally, but it's not something you should be eating all the time, even if you only eat 10.
>>
>>7536663
Where is this webm from?
>>
Meat, cheese, white bread and cheap frying oils are unhealthy.
>>
>>7537068
that is jack's pig disgusting whale of a wife shoveling food down her obese neck and nodding after each mouthful to indicate to jack that yes, that is definitely more greasy disgusting food that she's just packed into her hideous body.
>>
>>7536586
It's got everything you need in bad proportions, you don't need the fries you have fat in the cheese and starch in the buns, two tomato slices and a lettuce leaf is nowhere near enough greens.
Replace fries with some more green and you're good though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.