[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any chefs here, what do you wear at work? and what sort of kitchen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Drawstring-pants-check-resize.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Drawstring-pants-check-resize.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3000
Any chefs here, what do you wear at work? and what sort of kitchen are you working in?
>>
I wear basically exactly what's in your image.

Black t-shirt, low key chef pants (none of that striped shit), black nonslip shoes kept clean and occasionally polished, black or white chef scull cap.

Not a chef, but line cook at a downtown bar/pub type place where business people come after work to get overpriced classic American fare.

Used to have a kitchen dress code but the laundry got too expensive. Most people change in the storage room but I just show up dressed for work with my hat in my back pocket.
>>
>>7536087
I worked at a kind of laid-back fine dining place (if that makes sense) and the dress code was literally whatever you wanted with a blue bragard over it. Track pants and T-shirts all day, baby.
>>
I'm not a chef, but I work in a kitchen. I wear charcoal grey chefwear pants, easy to clean black clogs, a white undershirt and the white chef coats the company supplies and has dry cleaned for us. They offer pants too, but they are itchy as fuck. I keep my hair very short and don't bother with a hat.

I work at a small private resort in the terrible state of Florida. I make all the breads and desserts. We have both a fine dining and casual menu, depending on where you decide to sit.
>>
File: ylfpad-l.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ylfpad-l.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
sweatpants all day every day.
>>
>>7536121
I bet you work at a Ruth's Chris steakhouse.
>>
>>7536183

No, but there is one right across the street.

We're more seafood, burgers, pizzas, bar food, and everything fried you can imagine.
>>
My buddy works reheating frozen food at the Cheesecake Factory, and they make them wear the full chef uniform with the double breasted jacket.
>>
>>7536087
Black band t-shirt (usually slipknot, disturbed, asking alexandria, etc.) black or camo cargo shorts with a wallet chain, vans or DC skate shoes, and of course, my trusty fedora.

It's great not being a conformist, nobody messes with me or gives me shit.
>>
>>7536087
I'm a chef who catered the last ICP tour. I typically would wear a fresh pair of JNCO's and some type of silk button-up with flame designs.
>>
File: big-booty-in-yoga-pants-4.jpg (131 KB, 916x693) Image search: [Google]
big-booty-in-yoga-pants-4.jpg
131 KB, 916x693
yoga pants usually
>>
usually just a pink bodysuit
>>
chef pants n black coat

who doesn't wear the coat it looks good and I got a lil shoulder thing that holds my pens n thermo
>>
>>7536689

>who doesn't wear the coat

It's 100 degrees F in my kitchen in the middle of Winter.
>>
>>7536689
Unless it's a hubris thing or forced in a policy I don't know a single chef that wears their coat on the line. Checker pattern MC Hammer pants and dishwasher snaps shirts are the way to go
>>
>>7536716
Yeah, me too you fat fuck and I'll be on a fistful of amphetamines if it's the weekend
>>
>>7536206
scotts?
>>
>>7536722
We don't have to, we all can wear whatever we want but I work at a upper class wine bar and the kitchen is partially visible I want people to think I am a skilled individual not some sweaty dick in a shirt

We have the option and I buy my own, it shows professionalism, anybody important wears one or at least owns one. The exec likes it and the immigrants who only work there one day a week call me jefe

I'm usually too fucked up and insanely sweaty anyway
>>
>>7536743
this desu

I work in a cafe and it's pretty standard stuff nothing fancy. But as the kitchen is completely visible from the front counter I dress in chef pants and a nice black button shirt. It's not about hubris or policy, it's about hospitality and dressing appropriately for appearance
>>
>>7536751
Plus when I'm at the bar up front or in public it's apparent who I am, I enjoy talking up front with people who loved my special, that the plating on the weekly cheesecake was a perfect end to the night, their steak was at temp it's great

and also i think it's stylish but whatever
>>
Sous chef at the Taphouse of a local brewery.
Jeans, T-shirt, ballcap every day. Shirt and hat are black with company logo.

The Taphouse is a recent venture for the brewery, open less than a year. They spent the first 6 months without a chef and horrible teenage cooks until the owner sniped me and my chef from our last kitchen, so dress code was never a thing
>>
i have a dresscode

Dark bluejeans, black t, ugly as fuck green or slightly less ugly brown company apron, ugly tan ill-fitting company cap or even uglier tan company visor

oh and a of course nametag worn on the RIGHT SIDE, NEVER THE LEFT
>>
>>7536966
God damn I don't miss that shit

Uniforms are bullshit were in the kitchen wear whatever you want
>>
>>7536087
Just an apron and tshirt. I kinda like to sneak into the freezer to rub one out real quick. Makes it taddd easier this way going without pants! Love my job!
>>
Longsleeved white jacket, black dickies slacks, birkenstocks, blue/white striped bib apron. Open kitchen, fine dining. Honestly the only thing I'd change is being able to wear a tee or something when it gets warmer out, because our restaurant has suckass ventilation.
>>
>>7536262
>reheating frozen food at the Cheesecake Factory

tell me more secrets about C.F.

i remember loving it as a kid eating HUGE ass burgers and dank lettuce wraps

I've been wanting to go back sometime but never really doing it.
>>
>>7536722
>dishwasher snaps
this

>>7536743
>I want people to think I am a skilled individual even though I'm not
>>
Jeans, black t-shirt, canvas apron with leather straps.

I work in an American BBQ restaurant in Western Australia. It's a good time.
>>
>>7536121
>Showing up in uniform

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

No, seriously, don't be that guy.
>>
white chefs coat or dishwasher coat, any hat/cap I want, tight black pants because i can and no they dont get that uncomfy, any type of apron i usually cycle through 4 different colors, black doc martens
>>
>>7538041

The guy who doesn't give a shit about a stranger's impression of him is the fag?
>>
>>7538041

>walk from the parking lot to back door wearing kitchen pants and a t-shirt
>fag

I'm guessing you're that guy who shows up decked out in his new kicks that cost a week's worth of pay just to show off to the other cooks who don't give a shit, and then spend 10 minutes changing after clocking in.

Nobody likes you.
>>
lol @ all the dead end cook job anger in this thread
>>
>>7536087
Black chef's jacket, jeans, black baseball cap, black non-slip steel toe kitchen shoes. I work at a bar/pub that's generally pretty packed at least four days a week. Oldest bar in the Yukon.
>>
>>7538107

>lol @

Maybe someday you'll be old enough that you have to go out and get a job too!
>>
>>7536206
Fucking weatherspoons?
>>
>>7538180

It's a brewpub with only 3 locations, in New England.
>>
Jeans, a blouse, and then an apron. Hair must be kept and boots of any kind. If I can't get contacts to behave, a hat to hold glasses on.
I work at a European restraunt with an open kitchen. Am head chef.
>>
>>7538115
No way, would that be the Downtown?
>>
dickies pants right now... I need to get a pair of kitchen pants though for when it gets hot
>>
>>7538344

Wearing pajamas is one of the few perks of working in a kitchen.
>>
I like to work without pant so spatter is hosed off after work, or in bathroom on break. Saves on washer money. Also wear steel tip boots.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.