[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horse meat and murricans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: -1x-1[1].jpg (55 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1[1].jpg
55 KB, 630x420
I'm hung over and still laughing over last night...

A post-doc that I work with held a BBQ last night because her fiancee was coming up from the US.

Long story short, when she first started working here we made out after a night at the bar and I was trying to push things along when she informed me she was engaged. I was pissed and when I heard he was visiting I decided to fuck with him.

I bought horse meat and made hamburgers out of them, cut with a bit of pork. He ate two of them and remarked at how good they were when I told him that horse makes great burgers.

He FREAKED the fuck out and actually ran behind a fence and retched. Mind you we all had quite a bit to drink so that probably contributed to his melodrama, but it was hilarious.

I knew Americans had this thing against horse meat (which is why I served it to him), but why the revulsion and violent opposition? Lots of foods aren't traditional fare for us but we wouldn't react to eating them with such force.

It's not even like he ever owned a horse or anything. At least dogs and cats are common pets, a horse is a work animal.
>>
>>7534313
Probably because that guy's a picky asshole. I'd love to try horse, but it's just not available in the US.

I've heard theories that our cultural aversion to eating horse comes from our origins as a colony. In the early days horses were far too valuable and important to daily survival to eat.
>>
>>7534313
>MFW I live in Alberta and we sell our old horses off to plants so the meat can get shipped to France.
>>
>>7534348
Burgers used to do that until people complained. Now they just ship the horses to Mexico or something.
>>
>>7534313
Stories that didn't happen thread?
>>
>>7534361
This.
>>
>>7534313

I have nothing against horse meat, but the horse meat industry has a bad name.

>>7534350

Partly because of shit like this. You should ship the animal lovers to Mexico and butcher the horses locally, much nicer for the horses.
>>
>>7534361
>Stories that didn't happen thread?
Why? I went to a grocery store across the river in Quebec and bought horse meat, common in all grocery stores there.
>>
I'm American and I'd eat a horse. Hell, i'd eat a dog topped with fried crickets. im fuckin HUNGRY AND POOR
>>
As a proud amerifat I'd try most animals, except vermin and dogs. I think most people object more to being fed what they think is beef or pork and finding out it's from a whole different animal.
>>
>>7534441
How about not pointedly ignoring the "horse maek murkin puke" babby's first bullshit countrywar baiting thread part?
>>
>>7534348
>france
>ever eating meat from an animal medicated with non food antibiotics
>>
>things that never happened
>>
>>7534313
Assuming your story isn't a load of horse shit, why do you hate her fiancée? It seems like the woman was the loar and slut, why not be pissed at her instead?
>>
>>7534313
Cos he's a pussy. Btw donkey burgers in China are fucking excellent.
>>
Horses are like big dogs.

I wouldn't eat a dog, but I'm willing to try horse.
>>
Americans are judgmental and racist as fuck. Anything they don't eat is automatically vile and a violation of animal rights. Don't you tell me what to eat and what not to eat.
>>
>>7534743
They literally have ass burgers.
>>
Basashi is usually served as sashimi, not over rice.

And man once i got over the fact that it was horse i really enjoyed the raw horse meat
>>
No way did this actually happen
>>
>>7534774
Euros are way the fuck more racist than Americans
>>
Why would you fuck with the guy? She's the one that led you on shitbird. Move on and quit being a faggot
>>
>>7534313
Eastern european mafia agrees with you, OP. They put a fairly major frozen food company under due to dumping horsemeat into beef products.
The stores dealing with it seem to have weathered it fairly well, but Findus has fucking vanished. You can't find crispy pancakes anywhere.
Not that I've been able to stomach them for 20 years, of course.
>>
>>7534313

>Putting shit in people's food without telling them

Why are europeans such cunts
>>
>>7534833
Have you seen the shit we put up with to not be racist?
We're having shitskins invade us, bomb us, steal from us, assault us, rape us and whatever else and we just keep giving them money to not be racist.

Unlike you racist fucknuggets.
>oh no a nigger had some crack
let's kill him or at least imprison him for 20 years
>oh no mexican rapists are coming over our border into a few states and raping each other a little
>let's maybe not make an attempt at keeping them out
>>
Serves him right for being a cuckold
>>
>>7534313
Because we view them as pets. They're a lot more important to our culture than to yours.

How would you feel about Korean serving you dog without your foreknowledge?

>inb4 lying about not being bothered
>>
>>7534340
>>7536242
You mean in Europe we have motorised farming and electric trains since the Roman Empire?
We used horses as much as you guys. We just don't like to waste half a ton of delicious meat.

>>7534454
Then get an animal at the PETA or something, butcher it and cook it.
>>
>>7534313
When I was travelling through Europe, I actually fell in love with horse meat Belgian salami. I stayed with my sister in law's parents and they opened my eyes to so many delicious "taboo" foods.
I was there for my brother's wedding and before the even they put us up in a log cabin in the woods, completely powered and heated with a full fridge.
I remember making a sandwich with several meats I'd never tried before (including the salami), some cheese and a local mustard.
Best sandwich of my life.
>>
>>7534833
Dont worry, its not just us Euros that hate Yanks,, its the whole world
>>
Horses are pets dude.

Would you eat a burger made from dog?

If someone served you dog would you be upset?

Making animals that are publicly seen as pets into food effects our collective sanity.

It's like in the game "Don't Starve" eating certain things causes sanity to drop lol
>>
>>7534743
>China
You down your ass burger with a large cup of gutter oil too?
>>
>>7537231
>pets

u 'avin a giggle
>>
>>7534313
Horse is fucking delicious. Had it once

Plus you can ride it to the butcher and use the horse glue money for a cab and beer
>>
File: f0244681_5205f89124b3c.jpg (454 KB, 995x746) Image search: [Google]
f0244681_5205f89124b3c.jpg
454 KB, 995x746
dogs are delicious fuck the haters they can make good soup
>>
Thanks for reminding me,
gotta get me some Pferdeleberkäse today.
>>
>>7537468
horse liver cheese? how does that even work
>>
>>7534313
>>7534774
>>7537231
>>7537290
Amerifat here.
I hate horses so I would eat them assuming they taste ok.
I can get alligator and rattlesnake meat and fish from any body of water in the world, but can't buy horse meat.
>>
I once tried some pony, not sure what was wrong with the meat but it made me a little hoarse
>>
>>7534313
Fuck you OP, you should NEVER fuck with people and food.

I went on this camping trip this weekend - One of the boys made chili - I had made it clear that I am Jewish and dont eat pork but after eating dinner I was cleaning up the trash and saw a packet of panchetta - turns out he had sauteed the onion in that to begin with.
I freaked the fuck out, made myself puke and made the person who had driven me drive me home (it was a 3 hour drive). I feel totally justified in doing this - was I in the wrong? I mean I look at it like if someone said they were diabetic and you served them a bunch of sugar or you gave someone with peanut allergies peanuts.
>>
>>7539330

Was it like another holocaust?
>>
Horse is too lean for a lot of applications, desu.
It's practically a big rabbit.
>>
>>7539330
>jew
>camping
you fell for the ole ruse again. good thing you got out when you did
>>
>>7539330
Medical reasons are different than religious, yes. I don't think you should have made such a big deal out of it. I mean the reasons for pork being forbidden are shaky and out dated. Factory farmed animals are all kinds of filthy these days. Prion diseases and parasites are not an issue with pancetta. I'd say you definitely over reacted to an an accidental ingestion. Just make sure to ask him to warn you next time because you have special needs, like how eating pork will send you to some sort of eternal damnation or whatever.
>>
>>7534313
I've always wanted to try horse although I'll try just about anything except cat, dog or ape/monkey related animals
>>
>>7540324
That's specist!
>>
Some Amerifats have this belief that they can live on a ranch and raise horses and shit, and so a lot of people actually try to do that. That's how they view horses.
>>
>>7537185
Horsemanship as a way of life is still very much alive in the US and figures significantly in our history as well. An American eating a horse is the cultural equivalent of a kiwi eating a sheepdog.
>>
I dont see the problem about eating horse meat when gelatine comes from horse bones . same shit
>>
>>7540263
Or you know, respect some one else's faith you tipper
>>
>>7542417
Oy gevalt, he used some pork and you almost ate something that was touching it! Good thing you found out, threw it all up and demanded you be chauffeured back home though, I bet he was going to try and gas you next, G-d help you.
>>
>>7534313
How in the world do you make a stew studded with paprika?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.