[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is soya milk actually bad for grown men or is that a myth? Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
Is soya milk actually bad for grown men or is that a myth? Do the phytoestrogens cause things like gyno?
I'm looking for a dairy free alternative for my coffee
>>
No.
>>
>>7533966
A lot of soy products will give you gyno
>>
It shouldn't fuck you up more than the bovine growth hormone that occurs naturally in bovine growth formula. A serving a day is fine. If there's added carrageenan, your bowels may not like it.
>>
>>7533977
I'm avoiding cow milk because of the links with acne, which I still get.
I'm trying things like almond/coconut/oat milk with cereal, but if I go out for a latte on weekends I'd like to think that this would be considered a small amount of soya, even IF there was a link with gyno
>>
Yes. Much more so than something like getting excess calories and being untoned.

That's why the Japanese had so many men with man boobies when they consumed soy all their lives without much animal fat. Then, when the Western diet became more popular, we saw Japanese men and women get small, unnoticeable gymnast chests.
>>
>>7533966
>Do the phytoestrogens cause things like gyno?

yes
>>
>>7533983
That much isn't going to matter, and phytoestrogens don't behave much lime estrogen. They're often beneficial. And They're present in foods other than soy. Hummus has almost as much. Soy isoflavones do some nice things. I eat flax specifically for a class of phytoestrogens called lignans. Whatever you do, don't get a soy latte from Starbucks. Their soymilk is disgustingly sugary.
>>
>>7533983
>because of the links with acne
That's due to a casein allergy. If you haven't been tested, you have no reason to avoid it.
>>
>>7533966
Doesn't matter as soy milk is crap anyways. Literally the worst milk-alternative.

For coffee go with some sort of nut based milk.
>>
Dont know, but I know coffee with soy milk is pretty shit.
>>
>>7533966
You have a bigger chance of getting gyno from canned goods due to the BPA.
>>
>>7533966

>Is soya milk actually bad for grown men or is that a myth?

It's a myth.

>Do the phytoestrogens cause things like gyno?

In normal amounts no. The whole concept of phytoestrogens making men all girly came from individuals who consumed huge, definitely excess, amounts of soy every day. If all you're doing is >I'm looking for a dairy free alternative for my coffee then you should be OK.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452368009917.jpg (17 KB, 505x377) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452368009917.jpg
17 KB, 505x377
>>7533966
I drank soy milk until I discovered almond and unfortunately it didnt give me anything beyond C cup tiddies
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.