[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: battle of the burritos.jpg (176 KB, 1006x754) Image search: [Google]
battle of the burritos.jpg
176 KB, 1006x754
Who's best?
>>
I've actually never eaten at any of those. Should I?
>>
>>7533911
No. You should also hide and ignore fast food threads, oh wait I'd better also mention joey and other fat ugly trash humans who spam their shit. Yeah those too, I didn't forget about you trashpeople.
>>
>>7533920

But this isn't fast food. It's fast-casual.
>>
>>7533886
Freebirds.
>>
>>7533924
When I started working at Panera Bread I learned the distinction.

It's a market I didn't know even needed to exist, but these companies thrive in it.
>>
>>7533924
Fine. Then hide gross, cheap chain restaurants. Better?

I mean what is there to discuss here?
>I got the chicken burrito!
>Oh wow! I got the pork taco!
>Oh wow! Did you know they have guacamole that doesn't come from a powder?

This is food you eat when in the wrong part of town, rushing to get somewhere, maybe an airplane or a meeting, and you have exactly 15 minutes to order and inhale your food or you're not going to have a chance to eat again for 6 hours. Yes, it's for the most part edible. But the way you fucks talk about it, it's like you go to these types of restaurants as a special treat. Like you plan your special chipotle meal a day in advance and go blog about it. How fucked up is your life?
>>
>>7533955
You sound very angry.
>>
>>7533955
>stop liking what I don't like!
>>
>>7533955
It's because people raised by boomers don't know how to cook at all.
>>
What's a Panchero's?
>>
>>7534078
Basically Chipotle; their gimmick is their queso that they pour all over the burrito ingredients if you ask; they also make tacos and quesdillas and a gigantic 'gordo' burrito if I remember correctly

IMO their tortillas taste much better than Chipotle but that's about it. I've only see it in Ann Arbor, MI and in Northern California
>>
I've only been to Chipotle and Moe's. I like Moe's better. They put out free salsa and it's way better than Chipotle's.
>>
>>7534085
>their queso that they
Is this like "horsey sauce", some horrible corporate abomination word?

Queso just means "cheese", I don't even want to know what americans think it means, but I bet it's completely vile, whatever it is
>>
>>7534153
It's cheese sauce, you autismo
>>
>>7533886
Moe's >>> Chipotle.

Can't say much for the others as I've never tried either.
>>
>>7533886
Out of all of the ones you listed Qdoba is the least awful.
>>
>>7533886
never been to qdoba but
chipotle > pancheros > moe's
they are all more or less the same though and not very good
>>
A Moe's just opened up near me. What should I get?
>>
>>7535490
the hell out of there
>>
>>7535490
Nothing. Seriously if you want good cheap Mexican food just go downtown or where ever you have a large Hispanic populace and find an authentic Mexican restaurant. It'll be some of the best food you'll ever eat and you won't be able to come back to anything else.
>>
>>7533925
Fucking this. It's like Chipotle if they knew what Mexican food was. Real burritos have refried beans and Spanish rice, something Chipotle and Qdoba just don't get. Only eaten at one Qdoba, it's like Chipotle but much worse. Haven't eaten at the other two in Opie's post though.
>>
the corner store that has a little tacqueria in it

I'm sorry you don't know what real mexican food tastes like
>>
>>7533925
I use to work at a free birds until they closed. I was the kitchen manager. Ask me anything.
>>
I used to really love Qdoba. They had this chipotle barbecue sauce that you could get on the burritos that made them above and beyond the best bet. Then they got rid of it. Haven't eaten there since. I wonder if they brought it back.

Moe's was the first place I had when I first had a "burrito restaurant" burrito. Ate there for many years, but slowly, ever so slowly, each time I ate at Moe's was worse than the last time.

Chipotle is Chipotle. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. Hands-down the best pork of any place.

Haven't had anywhere else.
>>
>>7533886

chipotle is king
qdoba is for fags

moe's stacks are okay, but everything else sin't in the same class
>>
>>7535490
honest answer, order the wrong doug

shit's good as fuck
>>
chipotle > doba > moes
pnacheros n/a

This is not an opinion, it's a fact.
>>
Where is Baja Fresh
>>
I used to eat at chipotle a lot, but I recently moved near a mexican market with a taco restaurant next to it. I can get tongue tacos and mango soda there so it's a lot better than chipotle.
>>
>>7533886

moes was so good but mine went out of business....
>>
qdoba is just lower quality. Consistently at qdoba I have had hard rice, half frozen corn, etc
>>
>>7533886
i know that qdoba has shitty watered-down cheese dip so they can't be in the top 3
>>
>>7533886
Moe's, hands down beats the shit out of the rest.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.